NC isn't about shotguns anymore!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Chewy102

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1xk71l/nc_sniper_losing_shotgun_mode/

The new ESSR for NC is loosing its shotgun fire mode for faster travel speed. Not only will this not **** up cloaker balance like what happened in Beta when shotguns came out and cloakers had full use of them. It is the start of NC being FREE OF ******* SHOTGUNS!

Now if only we could get NS MAX AI weapons to help out the MAX balance.
    • Up x 8
  2. Moisture

Its ok, We get to be Top tier with the Cyclone at shotgun range anyways.
    Also I dont see how this is the start of anything. Jackhammer and scatmax is still going to be a thing.
  3. EmmettLBrown

So another Longshot?
    • Up x 6
  4. Canaan

What the hell will be the point of the Longshot and LA-80 existing if the Herpderp Pro is just becoming a railgun?

I'd rather have the anti-armor shot back.

Edit - OH DEAR GOD. TR's new snipper is going to become a super-SABR-13. I know which ES Sniper Rifle I'm getting first.
    • Up x 9
  5. Chewy102

It is showing that SOE is learning that shotguns are not meant for certain things and should not be linked to them.

Back in Beta when shotguns first came out, just one cloaker could damn near if not kill a MAX before he had time to react. Or half a squad if the player is good. It happened to me in my NC MAX and I seen it happen to those around me. Cloakers should NEVER have an easy to use weapon that can give fast kills. SMGs kinda fit into that niche but they still need to land a stream of hits on moving targets and that can take a whole mag or use enough rounds to force a reload. Not much play when you have more than 1-2 guys around you. Shotguns are pop pop to the head and move on sometimes never even seen.

Once a weapon comes out to live. You can't do anything to change it. Canister, Jackhammer, and NC MAX AIs are all locked in stone. Stats can be changed, but not the weapons. But this shows that SOE is willing to let go of shotguns in future weapons. That is a start. In time, the game will be better for it.

I only wish we have NS MAX AI weapons. The game would be to much more balanced in my opinion.
  6. Maelthra

It would be the Longershot...if infantry render range weren't still the same.
    • Up x 2
  7. Unclematos7

Really was looking forward to trolling around with the invisible shotgun, but oh well, the mod has spoken.

What is so bad about shotguns anyway? They basically tell you: Ok, most of your weapons are mid/long range, so here are some shotguns to cover for a little close range deficiency compared to the other factions. Ok C85 is the only bad one, but the scatMAX, Jackhammer, and Airhammer are pretty good.

Guess I'll just stick with the Impetus.
    • Up x 1
  8. Blarg20011

Who knows? We already have too many BASR, so this will just be completely OP or worthless from my POV.
    • Up x 2
  9. Phazaar

See, in this game where I can only see infantry 300m away (during low pop fights), and I have a Longshot that can OHK any infantry at 300m away, and requires less than half a second of lead onto target with less than 0.1 degrees of elevation to score the hit... What I've really been thinking would be unique and good for my faction and interesting to use is a sniper rifle that can OHK any infantry at 300m away, requiring less than two fifths of a second of lead onto target with less than 0.08 degrees of elevation to score the hit...

For ***** sake SOE. You were given -SO- many good suggestions, and you ignored all of them in order to try to put a shotgun on a sniper rifle (that BETTER have been a joke in the office), and now you're ignoring them again in order to polish a turd instead of just... Not... Giving... Us... A... Turd...

/Facepalm.
    • Up x 4
  10. AdmiralArcher

"polish a turd its still a turd"
    -jeff dunham-

well, im just hoping that its good so i dont have to sift through the mountains of whine threads about NC guns being terrible

im also hoping that the TRAP M1 is decent

and im hoping the shade is a POS cuz i hate the vanu
    • Up x 2
  11. whitupiggu

Yay! We get longshot 2.0! Thanks to all the idiots that whined about the shotgun!
    • Up x 4
  12. f0d

its good that nc have lost the shotgun trait

now i just wish vs would lose the charge up system on their weapons (or at least improve it so it isnt horrible and automatically shoots after 1/2 a second of full charge)
  13. Maljas23

Lol yeah. That was not a good idea. You guys should have just be content with a shotgun on your sniper.
  14. Kaktwox

Not surprising. I wonder when the dev team will actually start listening to the other factions in this game and not just the NC.
  15. Chewy102

Though I agree that charges should be held for a while, you get unlimited ammo this time. That itself is damn good. I hate to think of all the VS cloakers I will have to deal with that will never have any need of support.

I see the VS ESSR as a nerf to engineers. Those that aren't glued to an AV Mana that is, this buffs them from not having to deal with idiots asking for ammo.
  16. Aractain

Whats this news of TR getting something that isn't just a cut down NC gun with RNG bullets? I will believe it when I have it in my hands.
  17. Blarg20011

It is just a cut down NC gun though, look at the SAW then look at the TRAP.
  18. Moisture

This is from a NC player perspective and not a user but I would like to see it with a medium size but static cone of fire and nearly none/none at all wide up. A more or less literately bullet hose. A sort of TR themed answer to the Jackhammer.
    Good for rounding contested corners, perhaps good synergy with smoke. Nice for tearing down a max that didnt instant gib you somehow.
    Just spit balling here. I cant even say its a good or bad weapon because no one really ever trys to kill me with it in game.
  19. Revanmug

I much rather have a EM4 2.0 than a mediocre bolt action combine with a mediocre pump action.

At least, we won't have to deal with any of the problems that come with shotguns design. Problems that ARE currently plaguing every NC shotgun weapons...
  20. Alarox

While I do LOVE the idea of a Railgun for a sniper rifle, I don't really want just another longshot with a different skin.