[NC] Compensator or Forward Grip?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Chubzdoomer, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Chubzdoomer

I have just over 100 certs and I'm currently using the default LMG for the NC's Heavy Assault class, the NC6 Gauss.

My question is relatively simple:
    Between the Compensator and Forward Grip, which seems to help the most all around? I aim down the sights far more often than I hip fire, so I'd prefer something that helps a little up close but isn't bad for knocking down targets from afar, either. I see that the Compensator reduces vertical recoil, whereas the Forward Grip reduces horizontal recoil.

I'm torn between these two. Which would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
  2. Zaik

Vertical recoil is easier to compensate for than horizontal, forward grip all the way.
    • Up x 1
  3. Chubzdoomer

Alrighty, thanks for the quick response!
  4. xpsyclosarinx

^ Grip definitely for the above reason.
  5. Incarnadine

One thing I don't quite get... if they push the different sides, wouldn't putting them both on at the same time actually push the gun closer towards having neither? Yet so many are so intent on both
  6. xpsyclosarinx

The foregrip reduces horizontal shaking, the compensator reduces the amount you need to fight the vertical recoil.

Both on just makes you more accurate at longer ranges.

Why wold you not want both?
  7. Zwan

you need to take both as NC
  8. Zaik

Obviously you want both, the OP was just asking which to get first with their 100 certs.
  9. MrMojay

The compensator reduces bullet dameage slightly, the forward grip does not.
  10. GamerOS

Forward grip is always a very solid choice, unlike the compensator it has no downsides whatsoever.
    Most people don't know but the compensator actually decreases accuracy from the hip, wich for some weapons is not an optimal thing.
  11. Zaik

The OP was referencing the Gauss SAW, which is bad at hipfire no matter what you do to it. So yeah, the -hipfire accuracy on the compensator in this situation isn't really a big deal.
  12. GamerOS

You got a point there, with the gaus saw there is really no reason not to get the compensator, it's a shame it only helps with the recoil, not the ridiculous cone of fire.
  13. Athessu

source?
    The compensator in it's little flavour text makes your shots louder and easier to detect, nothing you can cert should reduce damage unless you count soft point ammo at long range.
  14. strychzilla

If you're a seasoned shooter that can control vertical recoil go Grip First, HV ammo second, and compensator last. Grip first always though, no way to control random spread.
  15. James161324

You need both, to have a more constant shot. The only thing the muzzle break in the game does is you show up the map quicker, as you would irl, do to a muzzle break will make your gun loader but your using a lmg i doubt you worried about stealth
  16. HMR85

Always get the forward grip first. Then follow it up with the compensator.
  17. MrMojay

Yeah sorry my source was a friend who got it wrong, from what I can tell there is no reduction in bullet damage using the compensator.
  18. Four Leaf Clover

If your gun only kicks to one side horizontally you do not need a foregrip as it can be easily compensated for by moving the mouse to the left or right appropriately while firing.

Better off getting a laser pointer if the gun only kicks to one side.
  19. Morgrim

No and no. Unless you have a real bad case of the shakes that happens to perfectly offset the recoil, the Forward Grip is the where it's at. Of course that was TR advice to an NC question. Misinformation perhaps?
  20. strychzilla

I have never heard of a gun kicking to only 1 side. That is some of the worst advice I ever read. As stated before and by multiple people. You ALWAYS get the grip first.