NC carbine most like the jaguar?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Phrygen, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Phrygen

Jaguar is probably my fav carbine in the game... any suggestions on an NC carbine that matches its overall awesomeness?

With the jag, i use advanced laser sight, softpoint rounds, 1x scope and have the option to go flash suppressor

gd-7f seems to fit the bill sorta.. but its recoil is annoying
  2. Lakora

Well there's only the GD-7F that's even remotely close to the Jag and to be fair when it comes to NC carbines you'd actually have to get an SMG to even come close to the TR/VS recoil numbers. Where as in Carbine terms the GD-7F is the closest you can get..
  3. vaxx

GD-7F recoil is better than Lynx. Much easier to manage.

And I don't agree, NC carbines recoil are pretty dang easy to manage, and have better first shot multi than VS/TR. You don't have to get an SMG to "even come close" to VS/TR recoil numbers.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lakora

My choice of words was poorly chosen or I didn't explain good enough. Yes most NC weapons have a better first shot multiplier than VS/TR but in Automatic fire(There for excluding First shot Mulitplier) you need to compensate more for an NC weapon than a VS weapon for instance. Now this difference is at most miniscule in the .xy area so to say but it is noticeable

Now normally you'd always have a kind of Burst Control to avoid an oversized CoF... But in terms of no Burst Control no Compensation and excluding CoF than a VS weapon will stay on point for longer than a TR one. But a TR one will stay on longer than an NC now as I said these are normally so miniscule that while noticeable it's not as severe as you normally see people complain about.

Also the much easier to manage part is a personal preference due to the unknown variable of the Human Factor. You find the recoil easier to manage, while OP already said he finds the recoil annoying. Hence the Human Factor when laying down facts should always be excluded to avoid distorting the data.

Also my mistake as well the GD-7F has a .3 vertical recoil which is identical to most TR weaponry, while the SMG's has a .2 vertical recoil similar to most VS Carbines. Also the GD-7F has a min/max horizontal Recoil multiplier of .2/.2 n a Left Biased Horisontal recoil. while the Lynx is .2/.225 Right Biased n Jaguar being .225/.25 with a Balanced one.

But to bring in the Human Factor I prefer the Razor GD-23 (Even tho the NS-11C is alluring due to the .75 movement multiplier compared to standard NC Carbines having a .5 movement multiplier)
    • Up x 1
  5. Ghoest

The NC dont have anything like the Jag.
    The GD-7F shoots faster but it doesnt have near the ease of use nor the .75 movement speed nor the large clip.

For actual LA game situations the Jag is probably the most perfect gun possible.
    • Up x 6
  6. llPendragon

^ This.
    • Up x 2
  7. vaxx

NC doesn't have comparable to the Jag, just like TR doesn't have anything comparable to the Merc or AC-X11. If you are looking for just strait high RoF hipfire gun the GD7F fits the bill.

Be thankful when playing NC you have many choices in carbine roles. Don't listen people say the Jag is the best gun for LA, its all preference.
  8. Ghoest

If someone likes the jag when they play TR - its safe to say that "just strait high RoF hipfire gun" is not what they seek because they would be looking for a gun like the Lynx.

If you like to
    -have an gun with easy to use recoil and low COF bloom
    -have a high DPS
    -move around
    -shoot people at ranges from 5-40 meters
    -having a high damage clip

The Jag is the best for this stuff.
    If you want this as an NC your probably left choosing between a GD-7F and a Merc.

If you want gun for long range shooting - then no you dont want the Jag.
    If you almost always fight inside 15 meters then are better guns than the Jag.
  9. Rogueghost

Yes sir, over 2,100 kills with the jag and is my most used weapon by a leap.
  10. ColdCheezePizza

My fav LA carbine in the game is the Jag, its simply the most versatile and accurate. I put a laser on it even though I'm a midrange player, but its straight horizontal recoil is so manageable even without the grip, that I have no problems picking off targets and still get the advantage of a laser while hovering.

The GD-7F destroys it in shotgun range with a laser, but ADS requires surgeon like trigger discipline or those 30 bullets will leave you high and dry most often than not. The Razor feels more like the jag with a grip and ads, but its slower rate of fire will make you wish you had the GD-7f indoors.

Try them in VR, I recommend them both, but neither are the jack of all trades that is the Jaguar IMO
  11. Corezer

Don't listen to people telling you gd7f.

Closest thing is the merc.only difference is you trade more rof up for close for more flinch fot distance

Sorry Swype is bugging out...
  12. TheUprising

Obviously brainwashed TR, all high damage NC guns have higher recoil per second and bloom per second than their lower damage, faster shooting counterparts.

The GD7F isn't even that good of a gun, b/c it blooms incredibly fast for a 143 damage weapon.
    • Up x 1
  13. doombro

Piston.

That's the joke.
  14. Kuriby

I only use the GD-F7 as a carbine and sometimes the Merc for outside assaults...

Never tried the Jag or any TR weapons.

But from my experience killing TR scum, I've never had a problem facing a player using a Jag at mid or close range with the GD-F7.

Honestly its the best Carbine NC has. The Merc is good too, but it lacks the ability to put an adv laser to be as effective in cqc.
  15. Wolfwood82

Difference between blooms is .01 ADS and .02 Hip. In fact all the carbines bloom approximately the same rate save for the AC-X11. Not sure why exactly you are dragging bloom into the argument since the differences are so minor it's barely worth mentioning.

As for recoil, you have no clue. Stats alone suggest that the GD-7F has a more manageable recoil. The angle of recoil is less then the Lynx and it doesn't have a min/max recoil rate for horizontal recoil. Beyond that the two weapons are virtually identical except for the faster RoF sported by the GD-7F which gives it a superior DPS over the Lynx and far superior DPS over the Jaguar.

However the question was what's the closest comparison the NC have to the Jaguar. My answer would be the Merc because that has a decent mix of range and CQC stats and is doable in both situations. It doesn't share any of the qualities but it's about the same as the GD-7F in most fields, has better horizontal recoil, and doesn't have the range limitations of the GD-7F.
  16. TheUprising

Lol way to compare 2 very unlike stuff to prove your point in normal TR fashion.

Recoil per second and bloom per second is higher in the 167 damage weapons even when considering they have a lower RoF.

The GD-7F has the bloom modifier that the NC GAUSS SAW has. Its the bloom modifier on high damage weapons. Look up its recoil charts. Create an NC alt and use it in the VR, you'll see it blooms far faster than its 845RoF counterparts such as the Serpent and VX6.
    • Up x 1
  17. Wolfwood82

Question was "what carbine matches the Jaguar's overall awesomeness". Since the only thing the Jaguar's awesomeness really represents is it's wider range advantage over the CQC carbines, the NC's closest match is the effing Merc. Their range is comparable, their horizontal recoil is comparable, and their DPS is only off by little more then 100 points in the Jaguar's favor. The NC do not have a direct counter to the Jaguar yet, so their base carbine is probably the closest match to a weapon that is designed for medium range combat.

You are ******** about bloom modifiers. They aren't very different from one another, the stats are all within .03 units of one another. You can use these numbers as an excuse to cry your baby tears all you want, no one is going to pay attention to you unless they want buffs too. Hell the only reason you've brought them up now is because they were just recently added to the spreadsheets in the first place. Before that, not a GD peep. And before you tell me to go try it out one more time, I already did. The difference between the rates is negligible.

The vertical recoil rates of the NC weapons are only marginally greater then the TR ones. I've spent hours testing these weapons in VR, and hours pouring over the math.

And for your comment at Vaxx's post...

Look at the two recoils for the two weapons dude. Lynx has a higher max recoil rate on the horizontal, and a much wider angle meaning it's recoil carries it further to the right then the GD-7F's recoil carries it to the left. Not only is the GD-7F's recoil a steady rate rather then a constantly shifting one, but the angle keeps the weapon closer to center mass.

Now is there any more biased crap you want to regurgitate? Some other pathetic argument you want to try out? Tears of sorrow for your miserable self, who can't seem to accept the possibility that you are just a bad player and that your weapons are fine as they are?

I hate that spreadsheet. I think it should require an IQ test before people are allowed to view it. Players always want to see the stats yet when they do they just look for excuses to cry like children over stupid crap.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheUprising

You are so brainwashed lol its funny, pure stats prove you wrong on basically every single point.

I have the GD7F and Serpent on another char, the GD7F blooms ridiculously fast. Its I think THE fastest blooming automatic weapon in the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. NoctD

The bullet velocity is nice, I actually don't mind using a suppressor on the GD-7F (but without soft point). I can't stand what it does to the Jaguar, though I prefer the Lynx myself on the TR side.

You might be better off though just getting the Blitz GD-10 instead.
  20. Ghoest

Posts like that remind us that

1 You dont know much about the game actually.

2 You make stuff up in a faction biased manner.
    • Up x 3