NC carbine most like the jaguar?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Phrygen, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Sedisp

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

The difference is numerically small between LMGs and carbines but obviously very different in game.

So perhaps that small number has a greater effect than you are lead to believe?

I play both factions and have dropped my Gd7f from regular use. I own bot guns and can easily say I would have next to no reason to play my LA TR if my NC had a Jag.

Your perspective on people is just weird. According to your logic anyone who says they'd switch places with a dead partner must also be lying. What a sad world you live in.
  2. Wolfwood82

Yay a new contender... Gotta love forums...
    1. There are more differences, and the differences are not .03 to .1 small, they are often at least .1 or greater. "Small" is a relative term. Also my statement applied to actual testing, not just numbers. You might want to brush on up reading comprehensions because that is exactly what I said: "I've actually tried the weapons out over a period of hours and yes there is a slight difference. That difference is negligible."
    2. Not when I test it and find the differences so small that I actually had to be shown the numbers before I noticed anything. At that point the numbers mean little to nothing, you won't notice it in an actual battle because your brain will be processing too much information to bother with minute details. Afterwards you can say anything you like and will probably blame anything other then yourself if you lost. That is primarily what makes listening to players such a dangerous thing to do when trying to develop a game, they don't always know what is wrong and "skill level" is a very difficult thing to measure out exactly.
    3. I drop weapons from regular use on a daily basis. Sometimes I play with the Jag, sometimes the Lynx, sometimes the Trac-5 S. Does that mean all of these weapons suck? I don't play multiple factions because I'm quite satisfied with playing 1 and don't really care about the strengths and weaknesses of the others, frankly I originally wanted to play VS but my outfit was signing up with TR this time around. I understand that the fundamental problem with the game is that it is not based on a symmetrical balancing system combined with a highly competitive environment, and players have a very difficult time just accepting loss without question. The only reason we are discussing these things is because the empire weapons are different and there will always be a question of balance by game development noobs who know nothing about balance.
    4. I'd say there was a difference, but honestly there isn't. The sad truth is that humans, like any other living species, are built for survival. It takes a lot more then a few words to convince me that someone would truly trade places with someone else, after all how often do you hear these statements made in situations where it is entirely possible? How many billionaires randomly walk out, pick a random hobo, and offer him to trade places permanently? A sad world you say? I think a world of logical truth and honesty is better then one of false support and cuddly sentiments. There are exceptions, I have no doubt that some parents wouldn't take that trade up in a heartbeat after losing a child. I'm just not stupid enough to believe that all parents would do so in a heartbeat.
    Finally, it's all unimportant. You stopped using the GD-7F, big deal. The Jaguar isn't a CQC carbine and the GD is a terrible weapon to compare it with in the first place. The Jaguar is built for short-medium ranges and excels at those ranges. It's a great weapon to use because it has a wider range of effective uses then the Lynx, shotguns, and Trac-5. It operates in that butter zone that LA are best at, and does so better then the "standard" carbines. NC do not have a direct competitor at this time, so as long as we are looking at that butter zone, yes all NC weapons will fall short of the Jaguar. Just like all TR weapons fall short of the AC-X11 when it comes to "sniper carbines".

When the DEVs get around to creating the next series of carbines, you'll get your Jaguar counterpart. Till then, get in line with all the other cry babies waiting for their binkies.
  3. Sedisp

The ADS CoF bloom (which is what people were talking about.) on the GD7f is .06. The Lynx and Jag are .05. The Gauss SAW is .07. The Gauss SAW blooms FAR faster ADSed than a GD7F so clearly that .01 is far more than you are accounting for.

Hearsay that has been proven wrong. Post your character as I will now assume you don't have one until proven otherwise. If the differences are so small you shouldn't be crying over normalizing them. Even if they were the same they have forty bullets for free.

Irrelevant and hyperbolic.

You base your reasoning on the assumption that humans say things out of a desire to prove themselves as superior for their sacrifice. A sentiment that you are likely just projecting as that's something you do. A billionaire has no attachment to a random hobo. You do not live in a world of truth you live in one where you project your mental defects onto the rest of your fellow men.

Sop doing it. If you lack empathy, fine. Don't try to make it look normal by saying so does everyone else. Otherwise you just look like you never grew out of being fourteen.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wolfwood82

1. Wow... Blind much? Mathematically, the GD-7F blooms at a rate of .8449~ per second while the Gauss SAW blooms at a rate of .5833~ per second. In VR firing range, this is proven to be the case. The only reason why the Gauss SAW appears to bloom faster, is because it starts with a much larger CoF. Also the original guy's point was that the GD-7F was, in his opinion, the fastest blooming weapon in the game. Literally, he is wrong, figuratively he may or may not be right as I haven't done the math on every viable weapon yet. He came to that conclusion likely by comparing bloom rate with RoF, I'm not telling you how to do the math because these are things you need to figure out for yourself.
    2. Proven wrong where? When? Prove that they've been proven wrong. I'm a game developer, I've read books on the subject, and every instinct in me and every statement in the books says letting players dictate how to balance the game is a bad idea, because players have a contradiction built into them. They want a challenge, but they want to win easily. The hard core gamers display this trend the most. And normalizing them? I've made dozens of suggestions to spread them out more! Damn strait I don't want to normalize them! I want to play a dynamic game where changing empires feels more like changing empires and less like changing underwear. Also it's 30 bullets, 10 more in the magazine and 20 more in reserve. Simple addition seems to escape you, so not surprised that the more complicated stuff eludes you.
    3. I'm glad you agree that personal opinion is irrelevant, maybe you'll stop sharing stupid stories like "I play both factions and have dropped my Gd7f from regular use. I own bot guns and can easily say I would have next to no reason to play my LA TR if my NC had a Jag.". Keep digging, I've got time.
    4. Assumption? Please. Psychologically proven facts my friend! Even this little debate in meaningless forums over a game that might not last much longer then 2 years is a statement that proves that this is far more then an assumption. Humans will say anything, do anything, and try anything to win a simple argument. If someone believes that self sacrifice makes a human being better, they will do whatever they can to prove themselves to be self sacrificial. This tends to contradict another aspect of human nature though, that being survival and self preservation, so while the act of saying "I'd trade places with that person" is very easily done in a situation where it's actually impossible to accomplish, saying/doing the same thing is far harder in a situation that is easy to accomplish. How many lottery winners do you think give all their winnings to a friend or sibling? Just say "hey! I won! But you've been such an awesome sister my whole life, I want you to have all this money!", share the money? Sure, relatively easy. Share half the money? Much harder. Give it all? Not likely.
  5. strongarm85

Hands down, the best general purpose carbine for the NC is the Gause Compact S. Essentially it's a Mercenary with a slower rate of fire, but the advantage is that it gets all of the attachments, which means it can do things the Mercenary can't do.You get High Velocity and Soft Point Ammo. You get Vertical Compensator as a barrel attachment, and you can get an underbarrel Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, and Smoke Grenade Launcher.

I typically run:
    • Soft Point Ammo for 15 meter max damage range
    • X2 Reflex Sight
    • Under barrel Shotgun for point blank insta-gibs.
    • And a Verticle Compensator for reduced recoil because in big fire fights the minimap is a lot less important.
    You can also run:
    • The Underbarrel Grenade Launcher will allow you to take down Sunderers by yourself. After detonating 2 C4 the Grenade launcher will do enough damage to the Sunderer to kill it. Smoke Grenade Launcher also does a lot of damage to vehicles but it doesn't have splash damage.
    • You can also run the Smoke Grenade Launcher and an HS/NV scope. You smoke up the area where the enemies are gathered up and the HS/NV scope allows you to see through the smoke like it's not even there and you can get 2 or 3 kills before the smoke clears. Also the Smoke Grenade does a lot of damage on a direct hit.
    • You an also run a x3.4 or a x4 scope, with the Verticle Compensator, High Velocity Ammo, and a Foregrip and be fairly competent shooting at range.
    The Gause Compact S in my opinion is the best all around Carbine for the NC.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phrygen

screw attachments
    :cool: