NC Carabines

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Agiond, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Agiond

Hi all!!

I know, "just another one of those threads". But i've tried to search what i want in the forums, but i've not been able. And no, i'm not looking for the BEST weapon, because there is not such a thing.

I'm looking for a NC carabine able to keep me safe from most CQC combats and still not suck in mid-long range. Something like the TR cougar.

I've been trying the AC-X11, but its recoil pattern is quite unpredictable so at long shots it's not as good as i expected.

Any thoughts?
  2. Bankrotas

AC-X11 has one of best recoil patterns for NC due to AFG.
    Since, you can't get Fortuna easy, go with Bandit for NC feel, Merc for more range or GD-7F, when you have better skill.
  3. Agiond

But the Ac-X11 recoil pattern is up and either left or right. So you can't keep control of it at longer ranges.
  4. Casterbridge

Honestly if your looking for something like that I'd say just straight Mercenary, it's going to be decent at any range, less good at CQC than say the bandit or GD-7f but much better at range, and less good than say the Razor for longer range, but the extra RoF helps you in closer range.

Incidentally the Razor and Cougar are brothers, the Razor has slightly less ammo for slightly better accuracy/reload so give it a try if you like the Cougar.
  5. Iridar51

I've got a great collection of guides in my signature, look them up if you'd like to know more about the game and really become better, and discover how and why stuff works.
    If you don't want to spend your time on that, then you'll have to take my word for it.
    1. The weapon you are looking for is your default carbine, Mercenary. "Something like TR's Cougar" would be Razor GD-23, it's pretty much the same gun. Cougar has more ammo, Razor has shorter reload and higher bullet speed. Razor is competitive in CQC, but still by far the worst carbine for that role. Mercenary performs slightly better there.
    2. Balanced recoil patterns, with no specific left or right bias, are generally better.
  6. Agiond

Thanks all for the input.

Guess i'll try the razor (god bless the 30 min trials) and stick with the Merc untill i can afford it.

BTW Iridar, thanks for your guides. I'll read them all right now. But it's me or the "Performance Guide" link is broken?
  7. Iridar51

8. Agiond

thanks a lot!!
  9. DorianOmega

Mercenary is the best overall gun for whatever engagement you go up against, GD-7F is technically the best CQC gun in having the highest close range DPS thats not a shotgun but it has a very noticeably long reload time that can really screw you over in larger fights.

1 of these 2 are your best bet for close range survivability.
  10. Nakar

The Mercenary is probably one of the best all-around carbines in the game. It doesn't excel in one specific place - Razor reloads faster, GD-7F and Bandit have better DPS, Cyclone/Bandit are more mobile in ADS, AC-X11 hits harder and has better accuracy, Compact S has better attachments - but it also has no noticeable weaknesses anywhere.

The Razor is a good pick if you don't mind the DPS loss. It makes even the Mercenary's lightning-fast reloads look sluggish, and it's decently accurate. But that extra damage output can make a difference, particularly when you have to hipfire (something the Merc does more readily with a Laser equipped, which it can pull off due to the low baseline horizontal recoil).
  11. Jogido

love the AC-X11, but to me it's best at medium ranges. Although it does fine at longer ranges with trigger control.

anyway, like others said, you are probably looking for versatile carbine like the Mercenary or Razor.
  12. MarkAntony

The razor GD23 is the equivalent to the cougar.
  13. Agiond

Well, just got the Razor. Awesome gun indeed. Just wondering, is the high velocity ammo worth getting with the razor?
  14. Redwave

Yes, it is. If you want you can even get the suppressor on it, only if you want of course. Because the gun already has high projectile velocity and adding hva makes it even higher, so a suppressor won't hurt if you are one of those players that like playing stealthy.
  15. Agiond

I usually get a compensator, so i can land those long shots. This way i have a quite accurate weapon at mid-long range, because on CQC i usually play defensive, abusing corners and any other cover i find.
  16. Redwave

Well yeah you can get a compensator which is a really good attachment for these guns but the red dot indicating that you are shooting will be seen from farther away on the map.
  17. Redwave

Lol I just noticed it says "Carabines"
  18. Agiond

Shhhh!!! Noone noticed that!!
  19. Redwave

Lmao noticed what?
  20. Agiond

seems like i'm to tired to wite anything right.