NC Anti Armor Supremacy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WetPatch, May 6, 2013.

1. WetPatch

What was SOE thinking by introducing Wire Guided weapons?

Now dont get me wrong, i love the Engineer AT turret, i love spamming the thing, i also know its hideously OP. Ive been on both sides of the fence with this thing and it needs a serious look and needs balancing big time.

What i don't get is Higby/SOE decision to introduce more Wire Guided AT weapons and give them to 1 faction, I've no idea what their line of thinking was behind it. As soon has you encounter NC all you can here is high pitch whistling, u've a general idea where its coming from but your dead before you can deal with it.

You've got the Phoenix which on its own isnt to bad because of its range, but then to go and introduce another wire guided on to NC MAX in the form of the Raven is just insane, at least with the Engineer turrets the bloody things whernt moving and you could head shot the Engineer .

There whine over, stupid NC and their Wall of Unavoidable Rocket Spam

Oh and SOE fix the damn population Issues.
  2. Bape

Does way way less damage then the AV turret.
    The Vortex is insanely instant shot
    Lancer is an instant shot

you are saying NC is best at AV? you must be a troll :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  3. WetPatch

It doesn't matter that it does less damage, its the sheer number of rockets you can get into the air overwhelms the target..

Oh kudos for mentioning the Vortex, ive seen a grand total of 2 people using them.
  4. MilitiaMan

Is this more tears over the Magrider being "inferior" to the other MBT?

TR have better AV, I would deal with Wired over Lockon anyday.

Half the time I can't even fly against TR because all I see or hear is " LOCK ON" followed by a bloody wall of rockets.

Vortex granted is a bit weak, but if they buffed it. It may make it a little OP considering it is almost instant hit.

Fracture needs a velocity nerf, they fly almost as fast as lancer shots...
  5. Bape

Sheer number? if you are talking about 1 nc max that a lol it takes almost 25 shots to destroy one tank? If you are talking about a platoon same can be said about the vortex instant shot you won't even have time to dodge unlike the raven you can see that **** and it really easy to dodge if you strafe or move left or right.
  6. Rhiaci

Well, the Striker at least offers you the courtesy to know you will be shot at in few seconds...
  7. WetPatch

Please stop mentioning the Vortex, your making your self look silly.

Raven velocity means nothing when its not even rendered.
  8. iller

Yeah bro, calm down a little.
    As soon as they added that Raven thing I hurried to the VR to test it and found the damage lacking even though the ROF is pretty damn high. The REAL problem with it isn't it's AV dps AFAIK, but rather how easily it pulls double duty and massacre's Infantry better than our Stock Grenade launcher thingy. Totally agree on the Engy rocket Turret though, unlimited ammo & does more damage than the Shrike?? WTF.
  9. FatSheriff

Have wyou used the raven and how many tanks have you killed with it?
  10. LordMondando

Since when was wired guided by defintion 'better'.

Its a pretty key implicit premise in this line of reasoning.
  11. FatSheriff

It does 2 shot infantry but since you can fire both it feels like a OHK then again hitting a moving target is pretty hard and i think the fracture is killing more infantry currently.

If you know your fighting infantry dual hacksaw's with extended mags are still BOSS.
  12. Teegeeack

NC has anti-armor supremacy, TR has anti-air supremacy, VS has... spandex. When will the developers give us a weapon on equal footing with what they give the other two factions?
  13. Littleman

When will they give you a weapon that works and is actually fun to use you mean? TR and NC AV weapons at least act differently and are effective, though it's kind of cheap the striker has a weakness in a single button press (no skill use, no skill counter, both users and victims want it changed.) The Lancer and Vortex are essentially the same damn thing and often worthless without a scope. The fracture is what the PS1 lancer was, minus the firing delay. Not the most devastating weapon, but it was reliable and had no real weaknesses except a bad player working it.
  14. WUNDER8AR

no.
  15. Teegeeack

yes.
    • Up x 1
  16. Drealgrin

Striker constantly hits through flares, hits through mountains, it's absurd the situations i get hit by it with.
  17. Kookamunga

Not a troll , you just dont know what you are talking about. The "Glancer" is pathetic. The vortex is a joke also. I see a max with those things , all that comes to mind is what a waste.

Give me the flying TV any day , and I would own with that thing , and not even worry about coming out from hiding. Go away if you cant even see the truth.
  18. iller

It's magical spandex though... it helps them evade bullets for a while.

Every fight I see against VS (and only the VS) has atleast 2 or 3 ppl with said spandex.
    Don't believe it? Watch the latest video I added to my channel (listed in my profile info)
  19. Ranik

The phoenix was something 90% of vets desperately warned against re-introducing to PS2. It was hell in PS1. But in PS2 with shorter Vehicle TTK's there was no way it was ever going to be balanced.

Add into the fact that you have constant rendering issues where A) the phoenix may not even render and B) If it does render it may render in the wrong spot.

And you have the ****** experience that is TV guided AV.
  20. WUNDER8AR

Because of the Striker? rofl. Thing is, you see a lot of Strikers on the battlefield, and thus experience a lot of Terran G2A lock ons not because the Striker so good. It's because we have no choice, other than the sligntly better but on the other hand even more bland Annihilator/ Grounder. If VS/NC would actually bother using their lockons they would be just as effective against air.