[NC] ∞ Recursion ∞

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Exploding Fist, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Lewk

Hey Gleerok! You know, i was in a similar position when i first applied. My "main" on VS was br100, over 60k kills. By no means do you have to "drop" your character and never play him again, however [00] is different from most outfits out there. It really asks its members to commit and really invest not only in their individual characters, but the Recursion Community. I'm not sure to how to describe it, but this outfit is so much different than other high end outfits/clans/guilds i have played with in years past. It is difficult to get in, but once you pass through that door, check your ego and welcome to the family. You are now about Recursion and building up one another. It is this mindset and concept that makes Recursion so successful in game. If you have ever witnessed a 20-30% Recursion vs 70-80% TR/VS tech plant take, you would have noticed that every individual is playing a specific role/position to accomplish that feat. Sometimes you get a position/role that isn't getting the "booty" (kills/xp) as others, but it isn't about the individual, it is about the group.

Anyways, hopefully that helps to understand the requirement of playing in Recursion as your main. It isn't a 50% here, 50% there deal.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gleerok

Thanks for replying. When I get tired of my TR I might apply, who knows :p
  3. Gicod

Only been back for a few days now, but it was great to run into and run around with you guys again last night.
  4. vecdran

Any word on when recruitment will be open again? Your application page displays a message about it being closed right now. I'd like to move on from lone-wolfing.
  5. Renuse

Great outfit, community, and history. Can always expect a skilled player when you run into these gentlemen.
  6. Brahma2

If y'all ever recruit Gleerok I will disown you.
  7. Exploding Fist

Whoops, that message was supposed to be removed. I've removed it. Feel free to submit an application.
  8. vecdran

Thank you sir!
  9. silhaku

>.> um, i know im not ready to join the outfit but i think this might be just the one im looking for. Can someone give the the requirements so i can try to grind towards them. Also the application page doesn't seem to work for me. REDLOCKS GUIDE MEEEEEE!
  10. AnuErebus

Well, the requirements aren't exactly hard coded, however you probably want to be posting a 3+ k/d, with a strong tendency towards solid infantry play. If you're an exceptionally good tanker or pilot there's some leeway for your ground performance, but typically a good pilot or tanker can hold their own on foot as well. You also need to be a solid team player, someone who listens to squad leader directions, obeys them quickly (As in as soon as humanly possible) and can be relied on to hold positions.

For reference here are some of the most recent people to have been admitted to the outfit.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428066778512636369
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428251586581032801
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428168624825778753
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428213558385374001
  11. Exploding Fist

Public recruitment is now closed. We will no longer be accepting new applications. I will update this thread if/when that changes.

Special circumstances may be considered privately.
  12. Exploding Fist

Now that our leadership has more time to focus on live again, we are opening up Recruitment again to the public.

OP has been updated.
  13. MasterDemoman

Mighty Recursion, I bestow upon thee my fealty so that mayhap one day I may rek the booty as good as ye.

Anyway, after my experience with the glorious Recursion public platoon, I am even more interested in Recursion than before. I will apply to Re(kt)cursion harder than anyone ever applied before. (Probably by smashing my keyboard into tiny pieces)

xoxo
    -Me
  14. PolywannaKrakar

Hi Recursion.

I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind letting me play with you guys when I play my NC character. I am a member of HIVE on my VS character. But I prefer to play NC and play that character when HIVE isn't running ops. I've played with a lot of great outfits including BAID, 56th Recon/CIK, Dread Legion, SolX, etc, so I am well versed with highly tactical game play. I am a highly agressive LA which is why my k/d is a little low, and have heavy/engi backup loadouts for versatility when needed.
  15. Person7man

I very rarely lead organized squads but I recognize your name at least. Feel free to add me as a friend or send me a tell whenever we have casual squads up, which is pretty much every day. There's usually plenty of booty to go around.
  16. Exploding Fist