Nanoweave since the update

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nyscha, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Vaphell

well, they are "much better" in a sense that they get that 20m range increase when compared to their lesser brethren. If the suppressed base model craps its pants at 30m but you get to snipe up to 50 with suppressed longshot, that's like ... 66% range increase!!!! how cool is that, right? o_O :confused:
    I called them decent though i should put the word in quotes because that's stretching it. I think they suck hard but i concentrated on weaker models because their situation is beyond ridiculous (30m is a spitting distance) and i had the dubious pleasure of using entry level boomstick for extended periods just recently. Personally i think the absolute minimum of OHK range should be at least 100m, suppressed or not, top tier extending it considerably.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eddyn

Nanoweave is the most frustrating thing in the world. Had the best opportunity a few days ago.
    A mozzie pilot landed on the roof of a tech plant to repair. If I could take him out of the fight it would be an amazing help to our side. He was standing completely still like a moron while repairing so headshotting him was easy, but since he had nanoweave he survived and got back into his esf with no problem.

Why is a single cheap cert completely invalidating my primary weapon? Sniping's already difficult enough without a ****** cert hardcountering it.
  3. tenzenator

this game is already unbalanced utter ****, sniper is ******* OH KILLER, when this non proffessional developers will get it? really? every day less and less ppls play this nightmare
  4. TribbleFluffer

honestly i was surprised as hell today and yesterday when i got headshot by a tr sniper and survived, i had 1 bar of health left, and only using NW3
  5. Hoki

My TSAR-42 and SR-7 cost just as much as the RAM .50 keep that in mind.
  6. Ohforsake

TIme to dig out the semi-autos I guess. If everyone and their dog can survive a carefully placed headshot (which requires the target to stand still most of the time anyway), then Bolt action snipers are obviously rendered near useless.

Or, this might be SOE's way of saying "Hey, we are about to make a new line of sniper rifles, go buy them to do what you were able to do before."

If sincerely hope they won't.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scan

Well.... there's a high chance they will. They have to make money after all. It's how they sold us the SMG, it's how they'll sell more powerful sniperrifles. I'm quite interested what the stats will be. Prolly something along the lines of it doing higher base damage, but has increased reload times, with less bullets in the mag.

In another post I suggested they'd change the Nanoweave to something along the lines of decreasing a percentage of damage recieved from bullets. I'm very amazed to see they seemingly made it even more powerful than it already was.... and I'm curious what the logic is behind it.

The thing is: We are getting all these nerfs, buffs of random things, of which some seem absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. There's almost never an official explanation or train of thought coming from SoE. Being the conspiracy theorist I am can be, I'd almost think sometimes stuff is deliberately being made so powerful, that people can do nothing but spend Station Cash on them, only to nerf it a couple of patches later, and introduce a spangly new overpowered feature to fill the gap, keeping the SC rolling in.

It would help me alot atleast, if SoE would explain what is being nerfed/buffed and why, and how they came to the conclusion that a nerf/buff was needed. It would give my mind atleast alot of peace of mind, and cause me to accept certain changes more easily.
    • Up x 1
  8. Netsurfer733

Can someone make a list of ranges vs nanoweave ranks of what will kill vs what won't or just nanoweave ranks vs headshots at like straight up 200m to see what will kill and what won't (silencer & no maybe, too)? I'm curious if this has really stopped OHK's for those wearing nanoweave rank 2+.
  9. Vaphell

graphs, might not be entirely accurate due to missing data but they do match observed reality:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...iber-sniper-rifles.131333/page-2#post-1813851
    how to read them? simple: the rifle line >= the NW line => OHK, no OHK otherwise

200m? You logged into the wrong game. Here NW2 (11c) allows OHK up to ~96m with rams/longshot/parallax at best, up to ~72m with other rifles. NW5 sets you back to ~75m/50m, all without suppressor. NW5+suppressor = ~55m/30m
  10. Arkos

To the people saying things along the lines of "NW is fine bcuz people dumped a lot of certs into it" or similar lines, here's the problem:

Okay, the "best" BASR is 1000 certs (I understand that the basic BASR isn't actually that much worse, but as Vaphell mentioned previously, its max effective range, i.e. OHK range, is ~30m). NW5 is ~1200. Ok, looks fairly equal. NW2, all of 11 certs, lets you survive headshots from the highest damage BASRs unless the sniper is ~50m or less away. 1000 certs vs. 11 certs. That's the first problem.

The second problem is that NW has no downsides at the moment. Zip. Zero. Zilch. It is the best suit slot right now, because explosives got nerfed into the ground, making flak much worse than NW. So an 11 cert investment with no downsides versus an 1000 cert investment in what is widely held as one of (if not the most) niche class in the game. Hmmm...I wonder why infiltrators hate it so much that one of the primary features of their hard-to-play class can be countered by any newbie who's been playing for more than 30 minutes...
    • Up x 1
  11. Rhumald

I saw that video, this thread actually feels like a fresh follow up to it... it's an outdated video (April, the one headshot posted is even further back :p), Snipers are more effective now; while their damage fall-off remains unaffected, they've all been given a boost to their Muzzle velocity (GU08, start of may, I believe, I can't find the exact notes on it, I'm fairly sure it was done though, data sheet certainly has different numbers for them than it used to), and that has an effect in this game (I believe the boost was about 100m/s).

who's to say it isn't on your head? last I checked all classes wear full body armor, which includes the head, the name nanoweave suggests to me that it's an upgrade to the fabric weave of their armor... which would apply to the head.

That aside though, on Matterson at night, when I normally play, I run into allot of Flak armor wearers, NW5 even won't protect you from two landmines like flak will.
  12. Vaphell

muzzle velocity doesn't matter much if you aren't even able to reliably kill a stationary target at a normal sniping range. Just watch Mustarde's video - 6 non-lethal headshots in under 2 minutes.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...mping-aboard-the-nanoweave-tear-train.129312/

150 inf resource for a single kill? Talk about a sacrifice. Why not roll MAX for 2/3 of the price and go on a rampage?
  13. BloodyPuma

Recently i got back to sniping only.
    For long range, If you land all headshots, you will get 20-22 statistical headshot kills for fully certed ammo. [woodman]

Anyone remember back in dec/jan the topic called "sniper challange" [or someting like that] which goal was to empty all ammo inficting 100% OHK ? Sweet times. Now you simply cannot reproduce it...

Ok, you can:

-Harvesting 100% fresh players, thus scaring them away from the game.
    -Hiding in the sweet spot and shooting to people at console from 10-50 meters, 99% not helping nor doing anything useful except plain old farming.
  14. Rhumald

Because we're talking infiltrator here... I mean, there's absolutely no other class that will complain about NW at all.

He's running with a Suppressor, that's a 40% muzzle velocity decrease last I checked... might as well be cutting his damage in half... yes, Muzzle velocity does play that big of a part in damage, and is why I never go silencer in this game, it's just too frustrating having that happen, Suppressors in this game are unfortunately for CQC weapons exclusively, or semi auto snipers, which were designed for closer ranged combat.

We're all just throwing this stuff on deaf ears here anyways, people in these threads just want to complain, and people outside them don't give a ****. Infiltrator revision's scheduled for July, all we can do is wait for it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Bastid721

uhhhhh thats what snipers are for..farming or deterrence......unlike heavies/maxes ...possibly engies/medics.
    those other classes arefront liners with LA pre cursor havoc creators.....learn your role if sniping.
  16. BloodyPuma

Lol. No comment.
  17. Bastid721

glad you agree
  18. BloodyPuma

This was supposed to be self-esteem boosting comment that you made?
    If you dont know what Infiltrators are for, browse for various yt video, blogs or even stats.
  19. Bastid721

those are rogue infiltrators going outside of the "box".....also as I stated "snipers" are deterrents/back liners. You "choose" how to play, but these are the roles that are in place from inception.
    FYI Infiltrator 95%. Sniper - 45% of that time cause yah its boring, SMG INF - 55%
  20. BloodyPuma

I only see the limitation coming from your head. Noboy defined what each class should doo, how should do etc. Calling something "rogue" is only your viewpoint not supported by anything or anyone.

The only problem is sudden change to game mechanic, leaving the case open for few months, and releasing form of unspoken ackowledgement in ninja-styla during GU10. If infiltrator population would be bigger then 5% causal, and maybe less then 1% only-infils - forum would be swarmed with whine threads.

And excuse me, but i dont care about your percentages. Its your way - and you get right for it. Just dont try to subdue others to it.