Nanoweave needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bloodgulge, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Vaphell

No, sniping with bolt actions is about instakilling. For cover fire/suppression you have semi-autos.
    Who will earn you that assist xp for you if you are balls deep in the enemy territory and you are alone? You say as if to kill a single dude you need to have a dedicated team of infs alpha striking his head.
    • Up x 1
  2. gloowa

If you are balls deep in the enemy territory without support and are sniping then you are a troll who instead of playing the game tries to score some freekils on unsuspecting targets going for vehicle terminals and such. And you deserve to be screwed 10 time over.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vaphell

cheesus
    Balls deep in enemy territory as in approaching campers at the hilltops from behind (because shooting at them is obviously OP beyond 50m), often running around through adjacent hex or 2 because climbing is fun in this game.
    You mean that in order to ambush the enemy camp at the hilltop you need a whole team of people? And you expect that nobody notices a whole team of people? Not one ESF flying back and forth, not one hovering lib or a guy passing by in the wrong place, at the wrong time, looking in the wrong direction? Please.

Besides, spare me the righteous anger. Shooting unsuspecting people at terminals is still a valid tactic. He pulls a tank and goes to the front line to make your team's lives miserable or he dies and doesn't drive in tank to make your team's lives miserable plus you get xp.... choices, choices...
    I bet my left nut you giggle every time you blast unsuspecting someone in the back but someone does that with a sniper rifle "nnoooo, you can't doo thaat, it's not niiceee"
    • Up x 1
  4. Sworaven

Using a sniper-rifle outside of my victims range? Last time I checked, that's how they are supposed to be used.

What I said above goes for your ignorant reply as well. You mention 'a mile away'? Take a look at this graph Vaphell made.

[IMG]

The distance that a target survives a headshot varies from 50m-75m unsurpressed against NW5, if you put a surpresssor on it's between 30m-50m. So far for 'a mile away'. 30m? That's SMG range.

You're right, a coin has indeed two sides. But in this case both sides say 'Nanoweave wins'.
  5. Sworaven

Did you seriously just tell Mustarde to get better? What are you smoking and where can I buy it?
  6. KaneSeere

Oh yes, please take my post litteraly. A mile away is a figure of speech dumba$$.
  7. mpal

You downy bro? Everyone has room for improvement, stop treating people who are good like gods.
  8. Vaphell

lmao, 2nd best inf of the server is merely good, that's gold.
  9. Sworaven

I don't treat him like a god. He's just a very skillful and well-respected player.

I think it's incredibly hilarious that you told him to get better. Not only have you embarassed yourself, you've also lost the little credibility you had and you proved how ignorant you really are.

So no, I'm not 'downy' bro

What's the matter? Can't beat an argument that has actual facts and stats:rolleyes:?
    • Up x 1
  10. Runegrace

What good is killing a lone enemy super-far away in enemy territory do? It's not going to help your faction except in the most special of cases, and even as a cert farm that's not very efficient. Having a team of infs killing infantry that are not on the frontline is an even bigger waste of time and manpower. On the frontline you can take out key personnel like medics and engineers repairing vehicles and...you know, help your team.

Deep enemy territory infiltration is pretty much useless. Which is wrong, and why I said the infil itself needs a re-tooling because that play style should be there and fun to do. Given the current state of the game, though, what you described is the play style I'd expect from ghost cappers and the ilk that avoided real combat as much as possible.

And regardless, I also said that the majority of my bolt-action shots are OHK already. Wonder how much of this problem is people hitting people in the chest and then blaming Nanoweave instead of their aim...
  11. Runegrace

If he dies without pulling the tank, he still has all of his resources and timer untouched. He respawns in ten seconds, possibly at another base, and pulls it there. You just spent 10 minutes crawling through enemy territory to delay someone by 30 seconds? Seems like a poor trade when you could have been helping troops take or defend a base (and get more kills/XP in the process). Choices, right?
  12. Vaphell

Define "super-far in enemy territory". Is it 100m behind the front line? 200? 500?
    Does flanking enemy snipers count? Or AV engies? Good luck taking out AV engies from the front when their imba turrets block all bullets with invisible hitbox.

it's really hard to confuse bodyshot and non-lethal headshot, after all you have entirely different sounds for these.
  13. Vaphell

Not every base can spit out tanks. It's not like i specifically spent 10minutes just to suppress that one terminal, but if i happen to be in the neighborhood and notice that people pull mech there en masse, why not?

Debatable. Tower assault for example. If you happen to be a part of overpowering force there is next to no exp from sniping for you. Defenders are almost instantly pushed back to their spawnroom and from then on only hectic, pump action based CQC happens. 7 minutes of cap time, of which 6 is waiting. Even if you happen to notice a guy somewhere, he's dead before you can stabilize aim. The only thing you can do is to spam darts to leech xp and spot a guy or two. Now that **** is really really boring. sneaking through the frontline got nothing on it, at least i can try to hack a turret or two at the nearby tech plant gate and shot down few ESFs returning for repairs or backstab prowlers heading out to battle (i really hate prowlers). That's an equivalent of minimum 6 infantry kills a pop.
  14. KaneSeere

I have no need to "beat" your argument because your opinion does not matter to me, I do find it funny that you think it does though.
  15. gloowa

No need to beat anything, since facts and stats show that it's working as intended.
    As i said before in other whine threads - if only NW 5 will stop OHK from sniper, what is the point of nw1, nw2, nw3 and nw4?
  16. mpal

So saying there is room to improve and pointing out one of the couple mistakes that I saw in the video some how embarrasses me? I think you're the one whose credibility is washed and your ignorance certainly shines through.

Obligatory who are you?

And yes you do treat him like a god. I dont really consider knifing scrubs or shooting people standing still as being skillful, but whatever floats your boat brah. The video you posted of him wasnt even that impressive. The very fact that you cant objectively look at the video and point out the mistakes he made shows how poor your judgment is. Ultimately, NW did not contribute to his death whatsoever. He would have died the same way had he ohk'd everyone.

2nd best, based on what? Your opinion? Good to know, thanks for sharing.
  17. Sworaven

I can live with that. Too bad it wasn't my opinion but actual stats.

So you think it's okay that someone completely nullifies a class-specific weapon for a mere 11 certs? If you're that desperate for a counter against snipers, here's a tip: keep moving.

What video are you talking about? I can't remember posting a video. Are you talking about the one where he's at Quartz Ridge Camp? Vaphell posted that.

Don't turn my own words on me, it only shows how cornered you feel, desperate to push back, clinging to straws.
    Like I said, cornered and clinging to straws:rolleyes:
    First of all, stop calling me 'bro' or 'brah'. It genuinely scares me that we might share the same genetic material.

Where did you get this notion I treat him like a god? I just thought it was hilarious that someone like you told him to get better.

And Nanoweave did get him killed in that video. He couldn't take them down in 1 shot and because of that, people had an easier time pinpointing his location and were now actively looking for him. You don't even have to play Infiltrator to figure that one out, it's common sense. So yes, NW did contribute in his death.
  18. NinjaTurtle

As someone who has spent a good deal of time sniping I have no issue with people surviving head shots if they have certed into being able to do so.

There are still plenty of other targets who go down in one
    • Up x 1
  19. tenzenator

face to face? i facing ppls with my parallax on 2-20 meters with 12x scope or with comissioner against lmg so tell me something about your face to face. I played cs 1.6 for 13 years so fights face to face i had more then enough. in my opinion you are just low skill, aim category and all others who's sayng sniper shoudn't ohk real hard core player will allways admit that snipers are made for ohk. anyway try to play with sniper rifle, you low noobs will give up very quickly look on my profile you'll never get so many kills. i have skill to give hs ppls on harraser or flash while they are moving
  20. G3arfried

It needs to be removed imo. It just feels like a crutch in infantry fights