Nanoweave armor as no place in a game like this ! Remoove or Make the shield recharge have a penalt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Jul 20, 2013.

1. technopredator

Please don't tell me what to do, I'll do what I want.

And yes, you need to think in all possible ways to overcome enemies, that's the point of the game, not crybaby about 1 feature common to all classes that gives you very limited survivability only, when the game has many features each giving you some survivability and usefulness to improve your game-skill, so each feature contributes only a little to your final output, AKA skill, so it makes the game no more balanced nor equal, it makes payers more killable only, so from your input I can deduct that you don't kill enough in the time you have to play and want more score (killing and healing/reviving) before stopping playing for the day, but you don't realize you'll die a lot more and you won't be able to score more, but even less than now, because most if not all the players use any advantage at hand, so probably everyone has NW near of or maxed, and is that survivability is what allows you to advance, get the facilities, defend you and be a better and more resistant army to go along and die less because of this, instead of a group of tanks just camp you out on a facility or make another impossible to take, and they'll exterminate you faster and you'll have to move, making the game more boring and harder without much facility conquest, so certs will come even slower and PS2 will eventually die.

You over simplify childishly your request to your convenience without calculating how it's gonna affect every player and the game on the long run. So what you don't see is a delicate balance that this game has to have, too powerful soldiers will make vehicles useless, only transports, too weak and infantry will be too weak to do anything ans you'll need vehicles to do any conquest.

why it's laughable? I don't see anything funny at all.

No, is not lack of skill at all is called balance according tot he firepower of weapons to have fun and fair battles, you just want easier kills and as a medic you have more survivability because you can heal yourself, that's the compensation for a lower HP of the medic compared to a HA, if you don't use the NW is a lack of skill because you fail to provide yourself with the assests that will allow you to stay alive more time to be able to help your team even more. Also I think you don't use NW to heal yourself more often and make more XP and try to hypocritically claim that you find it unfair for the enemy that you have such advantage, how magnanimous, you should stop playing PS2 and run for the Peace Nobel price 2013 instead, of course is unfair for the enemy, THAT'S the point, everything you do it is, you're helping the enemy in detriment of your empire/faction and yourself, you're not demonstrating skill, all the contrary, you're not making the game more fair, you're making it harder for you and your teammates, of course you find it unfair.
  2. Stew360

i wouldnt mind if the NW was at its original states 125 hitpoint instead of 250 , also HA can be heal by others medic HA can heal themself with medic kit and restoration kit , HA have acess to rockets vehicules grenade to deal with maxs , medic only have c4 .

2 decimator shot on a maxs whiout flak is gone and at NO ressources cost , the HA shield already grant some tangible extra health/armor bonus read below »»»»

A HA base health is 1250 (750 health, 500 shield)
    A HA nanite mesh shield (or adrenaline) will give 650 extra health that is drained the more the shield is up. (For example if you activate nanite mesh shield while it's at 20% charge, you'll only get shielded for the 20% of that 650 extra health). Ideally, you can get is to activate the second you get hit, which will give 1900 effective hps (that usually is always a lot lower)
    A HA resist shield is a flat 45% damage resistance, regardless of shield percentage. Basically, when you activate it your effective health goes up to 1820 hps.
    A HA with resist shield and nanoweave armor will have however 2270 hps.
    To summarise:
    No nanoweave + nanite mesh = 1650 hps (best case scenario)
    Nanoweave + nanite mesh or adrenaline = 1900 hps (best case scenario)
    No nanoweave + resist = 1820 hps (achievable every time shield is up)
    Nanoweave + resist = 2270 hps (achievable every time shield is up)

So yeah HA do not need a extra nanoweaves to help them out , actually the only classes who should have acess to nanoweaves is the ENgi and the Infiltrator in my opinion , and the NW should be a One time buy set at 800 certs for a single level of nanoweave that grant 125 hitpoints armor bonus and a extra delay of 1 sec in the shield reload instead of 10 sec it will be 11 ... this way you could call it balanced a little bit

Also i play all classes but i play medic the most to revive my folks in battles since most peoples die likes flys especially with the VS matherson always Zerging in 48 + / 48+ but having 65 % + of the pops in each regions they are figthing on ...

nanoweave is a awefull and a NO brainers health buff , everyones who use it use it to have more suvivability some even admit they use it because of their lack of skills and response time but at least they are honest ...
  3. technopredator

So, if your data is correct, now you have a problem with 125, and before was 250 of the total 1650... that's only 7.5% of the HP, so you're OK with the 92.5% of it. This makes your request even more bizarre... it makes no sense, why you'd have a problem with small protection and not with big ones? Obviously any armor protection is a no brainer, that's their purpose, the brainer one it's the shield you activate.

And I don't see anything wrong with NW, all the contrary, is so little protection that is should be 500 and I see no reason why it's awful, I think is beautiful and useful, and yes I need it as HA being my main char, I like to use it and allows me to do more, so you don't speak for me, I do that and NW should be 500 on HA and the regular 250 on the rest, HA needs more protection because it goes first to take draw fire. Lack of skill? not my case, my skill has little to do with NW, it doesn't help me think on tactics and strategies, how to best use my equipment, I do that, NW helps me, a little, not die while I use it, the influence on the game is also proportionally little and of hardly any consequence when a non-HA unloads a full SMG magazine on you even with full charged nanite mesh, or a inf headshots me with the explosive bolt, you are complaining about nothing actually, just you want more easy kills in detriment of this game that is just fine as it is now.

ALso you don't have much clue what you want, you change your story as you post: first you wanted nobody to have it, now you want the Eng and Inf to have it but at 125 not 250... I wonder what it's going to be later...

And what is the source of your info? you don't say...

2 decimators on a MAX... well NC MAXes kill instatly, no matter with how much protection a HA has, full nanite mesh and stuff, so you're lucky if you can fire once at close range and don't miss while the NC MAX is halfway killing you with those brutal triple shotguns, TR MAXes do about the same with AI dual machineguns... good luck hitting 2 times...

And so what if we have rockets at no resource cost... all classes have assets at the same price, YOU heal alll you want at no resource cost.
  4. Stew360

I have a problems with nanoweave as a whole , but if nanoweave could have been cut back to where it was originally design for 125 hitpoint for all classes ( exept the HA )

HA should not have acess to nanoweave at all since it as already more survivability and stacking 250 more hitpoint to the total become ridiculous

HA shield isnt toggle its a ability that recharge overtime os it cant be always on , unlike nanoweave

i could accept nanoweave 125 hitpoint with a 10 % shield recharge penalty , for all infantry classes beside the HA who should not have acess to nanoweave by any mean
  5. technopredator

Yes, your problem it's called obsession with killing faster without caring anything else. Makes no real difference if it's 125 or 250.

HA should have more NW value not less, for the explanation and the other points you keep repeating, you can check my previous post, I explained them there, this time read it carefully and fully.
  6. Luighseach

Flak was also good because of infiltrators running in and dropping ESM and blowing up half a room and themselves. Also I have seen C4 detonate in a room and Nanoweave user die while the Medic with Flak armor rezs everyone. Of course some of this has changed with the last Patch with the lethal range of Grenades and mines was buffed but the place time has been nerfed.

Also I do think that Blockade 4 can stop 3 C4 since 2 C4 only gets the Sunderer half-way which is why Blockade armor counters C4 and is a better choice for Deployed Sunderers since more classes ahve access to C4 and anti-armor to begin with.

Anyway the point of the original post was to tell why Nanoweave has pluses and minuses. More success in infantry combat but easier to die to explosives. So if you want kills get Nanoweave but if you want survival Flak might be a better option.
  7. LanceHavenbay

It exists to help prevent dying to snipers and such. :) Working exactly as planned.
  8. LanceHavenbay

+1 to awesome sig.
  9. Apples

First people complain that TTK is too short, then people complain that Nanoweave makes TTK too long, or that it's unfair because they aren't certing into nanoweave. Each of the available certs have upsides and downsides, this allows for more custom and unique playing. You can pick yours to fit your tactical situation. If you're in a biolab you'll pick nanoweave as infantry but possibly flak as max to reduce damage from rocket/c4. If you're a heavy on approach to an amp station or any heavily defended post you'll pick flak armor to prolong life against phalanx av turrets and tanks/lightnings etc. Nothing is wrong with nanoweave, it doesn't even give that huge of a health boost. It roughly translates into 1-2 bullets which can easily be canceled out if the nanoweave user has lesser accuracy than you.
  10. Duel

Resist Shield and Flak armour don't stack with each other, whichever reduces the damage more takes prevalence. Besides the HA is supposed to be the durable front-line infantry capable of taking on any threat, that's it's role. Just as engies maintain the frontline with repairs and ammo and medics sustain the troops.
  11. deggy

Of your 600-something hits with a sniper rifle, only 175 of them are headshots, Stew. Nanoweave isn't your problem. Aim is your problem.
    • Up x 1
  12. Duel

That and the HA is tasked with drawing fire for the rest of the squad so they may perform their duties as well, the increase in hp allows the HA to do that more effectively and to better dish out damage as well.
  13. technopredator

Lol :D
  14. Stew360

HA already have their shield ability and higher Hp , stacking the NW 5 on top of that is beyong ridiculous and make them way to bullets sponge especially when you have compleat squads or even platoons of them ( The enclave style ) ... yeah if the HA ad cooldown timers like a maxs lol but they dont so they need to be balanced better

NW as to go back to 125 hitpoint , as to be certables in a single level of 500 certs , and as to be remoove from the HA suits slots , HA already have the shield ability that make them insanely more powefull

I think MEDIC classes and HA classes as to have their Nanoweave suits slots remoove , since both classes already have a ability that either heal or resist but down the road both ability increase survivability
  15. technopredator

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
  16. Trysaeder

Simple solution is to make nanoweave 5 cost 1 cert.

Everyone should have a chance at an equal TTK in battle that is not dependent on the amount of head start that they have over their opponent.
  17. Payingdebts

You get headshotted by BASR, you deserve to die. End of.
    Tanks HE rounds produce 1HKs, C4s produce 1HKs, grenade launchers produce 1HKs, Lib cannons produce 1HKs, rockets produce 1HKs, AV turrets produce 1HKs... All of these kills are MUCH easier to achieve than a headshot with a BASR, so how come the latter only kills half of the time?!
  18. simon11russell

But those things aren't OHK if your wearing flak armour so why should a bullet OHK you when your wearing nano weave? By your logic neither of these should be protecting you from being 1 shot. But if none of the suits protected from OHK with things they are designed to counter then what's the point? Then everyone would have to run shield capacitors as its the only useful thing left.
  19. Payingdebts

Firstly, with Nanoweave, 11 certs protect you 90% of the time against sniper. With flak armor, 11 certs can save you maybe 30% of the time.

Secondly, it's much easier to kill with those weapons than it is with a BASR. No amount of certs should protect you from one of the hardest feats in the game.
  20. simon11russell

Well if that's the case one of these needs adjusting so the suit slots are equally effective (I'm not even going to pretend to know what needs doing).

And there are very good reasons why balance is not done around difficulty. First off difficulty is subjective you say that you find it to be very difficult where as to some people it is the most natural thing in the world to do. Next because something is difficult doesn't mean it should be effective as a LA firing while flying is extremely difficult because of the scope shake and the spread of the bullets does that mean if I do hit it should be doing extra damage.

Or how about C4ing a sundie? if it has blockade armour then its not just difficult for me to deal with its impossible with out help. So by your logic the blockade needs nerfing so I can kill it alone, while I would simply get a another LA or 2 to coordinate with me to kill a single target. So why cant you get a friend to come help snipe? That second bullet will always kill and with some coordinating targets a second bullet is always ready. Hell most of the time it becomes a really fun contest between you and your mate to see who can get the most kills.