[Suggestion] My ideas for Canis and Spiker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hegeteus, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Hegeteus

Remember, I'm not talking about anything so big and slow like Lasher, let alone AOE. Think more of like Medic's syringe gun from teamfortress 2. Those things don't have a great velocity, but you can tell they're bigger than your average bullet
  2. adamts01

I'm fairly new to PC gaming, never played TF2. The only reasons I can imagine for having a larger projectile are a) making it easier to hit a point target, or b) making it possible for a single shot to hit many targets, either of which would require lower dps. As a new weapon, which this game gets few of, I think Daybreak needs to continue along the NS weapon theory, high skill with high rewards. These guns need to be geared to suit veterans.
  3. T.A.94

I am sry to throw in a other idea for unstable ammo:

Since the Spiker has access to an alternate firemode, wich enables it to damage heavy armored vehicles, why not do the same with the Unstable Ammo atachment.

The user of the Canis has the option to switch between regular ammo and unstable ammo simmilar to the Godsaw, but withoud any drawbacks in the behaviour of the weapon.
    IMO this would give the weapon a touch of nostalgia since the VS weapons of PS1 used this trait.

It might not fit on a SMG but maybe we will see it on the upcomming VS LMG.
  4. Hegeteus

This sounds interesting, but not something you'd get to utilize very often. In small arms game, maybe it would be smarter to target something infantry specific like personal and overshields? Doing raw vehicular explosions is something I'd expect from NC anyway.
  5. LordKrelas

So it's an SMG for VS, that can deal with armor - without any of the flaws of the Aux weapon whom first had the trait in PS2.
    So VS's infils, or VS's Heavies can do better against armor without even directive weapons for no drawback while using anti-personal small-arms fire -- while TR & NC, lack any such capability outside of an inferior version on an Aux weapon.

Aka Spreading NC's only directive trait around, in superior forms, for VS non-Aux weapons even further.
    While VS's available special trait list keeps growing... and growing... as does their anti-armor capacity... against massive vehicles..
    While having the smallest one...

Can NC & TR get some fancy tactical traits before VS has anti-armor on every class's weapon selection?

No kidding.
    However can you imagine a VS SMG disabling Overshields or shields?
    NC & TR would need something equal in some field to that:
    As that changes the health of every Non-VS in a fire-fight, and invalidates the Heavy's shield advantage strictly for one-side.

IE anything that special, needs something paired on the other sides.
    Since it's so damn up there in game-changing capabilities let alone in tactical play.
  6. Hegeteus

I was thinking more like tiny overall benefit against heavies, while being inferior against all else. Only enough to fill the current balance crack, without having true powershift over it's rivals

E: And especially weak against HP rich targets like medic or carapace users
  7. LordKrelas

Hmm.
    Still, recall the AV mode of the Godsaw: Some times' it isn't worth it --- let alone if Carapace & medics basically reduce it to a near-constant inferiority state.

But as well, Heavies are the most common foot-solider, and are the long-range AV wielders, heavy-weapon users, and the front-line.
    Have to be a bit careful when you aren't providing something to the other two in different fields at least, when the most common opponent & the front-line at that, is vulnerable more-so to one side.
    As it opens the door to hell.
  8. FateJH

You don't have to worry about larger projectiles hitting multiple targets in this game. The engine despawns the bullet after it hits a single target, so even penetrative shots under the current system is considered a pipe dream. The only thing that can hit multiple targets at once is AoE (splash).
    • Up x 1