Most Useful/Fun weapons on TR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chryvrius, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Chryvrius

What would you guys say are just generally good/fun weapons that aren't the default (or variations of such) for the terran republic?

Edit: Sorry for the lack of specifications, I pretty much implied everything on TR. Since I do just about every playstyle or hope to do it after getting some more certs >-<
  2. Stigma

I feel you have to be a LITTLE more specific in your question than that.... any particular class? Vehicle weapons included? There is a lot to choose from after all.

-Stigma
  3. siiix

i like the chaingun
    and the one with the grenade launcher attachment

as rocket launcher : striker
  4. Maljas23

I personally enjoy the Chaingun, TMG-50, SABR, TORQ, and the T5 AMP.
  5. ColonelChingles

The Vulcan on a Prowler is really fun to use... but also terribly ineffective. It's just so awesome to open up on someone with that BBBBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP sound.

I do the same thing with the Saron... I tend to magdump it even though it's not usually effective doing that. Because it's a laser and should go PEWPEWPEW.

The Enforcer... meh. 1 shot per second that kinda sounds like a wimpy firework. Even though it's leaps ahead of the Vulcan it's just not very rewarding to shoot it. It's about as exciting as shooting a Basilisk.
  6. BobSanders123

A true Terran would know it's called the T5 AMC.

My lost: Chaingun, Jaguar hipfire, CARV, TORQ, SABR
  7. Jur270

T5 AMC IF YOU GOT IT BY THE REQUEST MUCH BETTER PUT X2 FOREGRIP COMP AND HV YOU HAVE A GLORIOUS MID LONG RANGE CARBINE AND JACK ALL TRADES CARBINE
    DUAL POUNDERS TIRED OF GETTING KILLED BY SCAT MAXXES OR BLUESHIFFTERS? POUNDERS, WANT TO PAWN C4 FAIRIES, POUNDER, AND OWN CLOSE TANKS ( AS OTHER MAXXES DONT SOLO KEEP WITH YOUR MATES)
    FOR LMG IVE AURAXIUMED T9 CARV AND MSW-R BUT THE RHINO ARE KINDA FORMIDABLE AS A T5 BIG BROTHER
    AND THE TAR IS A BEAST A CQC AN MID RANGE WITH THE 0.75 ADS
    FOR SNIPER I DONT KNOW
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelojian

A true Terran would know the T5 AMP is a pistol and the T5 AMC is a carbine. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  9. Kociboss

Uhm.

TAR and Pounders? Also jag and banshee.
  10. Fellgnome

NS-11C > T5-AMC, but you have to use HVA for the NS-11C to make up for its base velocity sucking.

Most useful:

Jaguar
    TAR, T1 Cycler, SABR-13
    Carv, MSW-R, TMG-50

Those are the clear winners for TR's primary options.

For pistol, can't go wrong with Repeater, a Revolver is nice to have eventually though.

As infil, I personally think TR's SMGs are garbage and avoid playing TR infil unless I'm really looking to drop my KD, or just snipe.

For MAX, Mercies and Pounders are both good in different situations. Mercies are basically a crappy Blueshift, Pounders are somewhat unique as an AV option - takes some getting used to but the high damage per mag can pay off. Fractures...well, they exist if you want to do long range AV but they're clearly the worst MAX AV weapon.
    • Up x 2
  11. CorporalClegg

Rock the Banshee if you want to melt infantry and swim in your enemies tears.
  12. Lethal_Sting

T4 AMP...

Jag is always fun, try to refrain from using it to get other carbines finished.

Love the TRV, just the sound of it firing. THAT is the sound of dakka. Would the Lynx be an equivalent bullet-hose?
    • Up x 1
  13. FocusLight

MSW-R is always a useful LMG for any CQB action, but you got to get some attachments for it to make it work really great. It sounds good and feels good, though very limited outside of CQB.

The Repeater pistol is awesome, but another CQB-only weapon. It's a case of pure joy shooting it after it's sound-update, it's got a powerful feel to it. It can save you in a sticky situation, but again, only in CQB situations, having to wait for recoil to settle between shots will get you killed at mid-range.

T1 Cycler assault rifle may be default, but it was pure joy auraxium that gun. It's strong and reliable, but as a standard gun it's all-purpose and don't really excel at any one thing.

If you want something more dedicated to one job though the SABR-13 is another awesome gun. 2-round burst, but you can swiftly mag-dump if needed so your not crippled in CQB. It's built for medium range and does that job wonderfully. It also sounds very powerful, so it's got that feel of power to it.

Jaguar is a pretty good Carbine. Built for CQB, the Lynx has it beat in pure CQB power, but the Jaguar won't let you down when you need it close up and it's manageable at medium range, if you have good trigger discipline and don't just mag-dump and hope for the best.

Vulcan chain guns sound very rewarding to use. Sadly they won't hit a thing outside of knife-fighting range so good luck getting good use of it anytime soon, as TR tanks are all but built for long-range stand-off engagements, and the only viable weapon for TR at those ranges is the NS rocket launcher who's name escapes me atm...

Going dual Mutilators on a MAX, especially with extended magazines, is not the most effective AI solution, (other MAX AI weapons are more accurate or shoot faster) but a very rewarding one. So much ammo, the DAKKA basically never stops you can keep shooting for the longest time before you have to reload. This can saturate an area with bullets for a good long while and is useful for power marches.
  14. Maljas23

You disappoint me, son.

I would have said "T5 AMC" if that's what I meant.
  15. Yuukikun

Yuukikun: ''Can't you see how signing your own name is useless and makes you look like an idiot when you already have your name to the left of your post'' says Yuukikun

- Yuukikun

- Yuukikun

- Yuukikun
    • Up x 3
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

carv-s + extended mags :cool:
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

Effective? T9S? TMG50 if you keep at range or out of knife range. TRV, that gun is good up close and ok at a lil bit of range wiht good burst firing.

MAX's Mutilator, cuz 150 rounds in 2 guns of pure Dakka is just fun and deadly.
  18. Kunavi

Engineer's and Medic's standard issue rifles are more than fine, though the Lynx and the SABR might come in handy. On the Lynx, you may be better off buying an SMG just for practical purposes. I could also say that the S version of the Engineer's SI rifle is quite good with the right accessories and it isn't all that different. Engie stuff extends obviously to LA, they share weapon options. The Cougar with the right accessories is also an interesting alternative but not before you're pretty certain you know what you're doing while holding a weapon. It's no "Power-House". Let me add that some people like the TORQ, personally I think it could only ever be an alternative for having an SMG(Which as I said, is far more practical and cheaper as you get it for all Classes including Infiltrator, who lacks a fast firing CQC SPA Hip Fire option).

For HA, you have to have a TMG because we lack better options for what that one does, beyond that I think the Bull is the best right now for general purposes. The T9 is still OK though and it's free. Get both the Lock-On launchers, do NOT buy the Striker until they've finished with it.

For Infiltrator I definitely suggest you buy the TSAR 42 for mid, but after that there's only the RAMS-50. You could try the SOAS-20 as a replacement for SMGs but I can't say I was impressed.

For MAX, it's dual Pounders, the 2nd Burster just in case and IMHO the Mutilators for AI. You'll be missing a lot but you won't care much if you charge in 20 people and start spinning them in their face before they know what's happening.

Don't forget to buy AV Nades for HA, Sticky for Engie. Invest in C4 too.

As for Shot-Guns you'll be fine with the Barrage, if not, go SkillHawk because it's just fun and too easy to use.

When it comes to Pistols I have to say the Repeater is your best all around option but I just LOVE how the Inquisitor feels, and it does the job just fine as well. If you want something even more well rounded, buy an Emperor. If you want LULZ buy the T4 AMP.
  19. FieldMarshall

Any weapon that has an abnormally high ROF is fun (to me). Thats one of the main reasons most people (i would assume) picked TR. ROF.
  20. Bankrotas

As NC main, I really really like Carv. Maybe not as much as MSW-R, but more than Orion or any NC LMG