Most OP Weapons or Vehicles in the Game - 1 from each faction: Bring the Nerf Bat.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Apr 15, 2013.

1. }{ellKnight

I think the factions are pretty balanced now infantry wise. We'll see how the upcomming changes to weapons will change things. My prediction is: VS weapons will pretty much stay the same (at the range where fights take place no bullet drop isn't an advantage and more damage dropoff wasn't a disadvantage either for the same reason) and they'll overbuff the TR and VS maxes.
  2. LonelyTerran

Wait...what
    This is a serious thread?
  3. W0rthy

stupid thread is stupid.
  4. SgtCheese

Well, clearly the OP doesn't play for TR. Nerf the Striker, Mosquito, Prowler, Carv(really??), and their new shotgun. Anything else? First of all the Striker is depressing to use against ESF, its succeess ratio is probably like 30% Between flares and flying toward the ground, any decent ESF pilot laughs at the Striker. If you think the Carv is OP you have never used it and the Prowler has already been nerfed. It is still better then the Vangaurd at infantry but only for skilled tankers.

Also, from what I gather, saying the Lancer is OP is also hilarious but I dont play VS so I dont know for sure.
  5. Aisar

Hmm let's see...

Terran: Nothing
    Vanu: Nothing
    NC: MAX, Phoenix

General Thoughts: The NC MAX is ridiculous. It shares the same problems as pump action shotguns (which makes the addition of pump actions pretty god damn stupid), fundamentally unfair and unbalanced. The Phoenix is just a dumb and exploitable weapon in general, I won't be buying it for my new NC.

NC MAX, pump action shotguns and Phoenix need to go. I either own them myself or have fought them extensively on the battlefield, they are nonsense.

Gotta love a thread specifically designed for what is essentially whining ;)
  6. Konfuzfanten

Orion: So the Orion is OP, but the MSW-R is not? The 2 weapons are more or less a carbon copies.
    Magrider: worst MBT, needs 2 crew to be as effective VS other MBTs, and it got a craptastic hull mounted small firing arc main cannon.
    Phobos: Its not a vanu only weapon. Both NC+TR got carbon copies.
    Lancer: still underperforming compared to the Phoenix/striker.

So the TR+Vanu pump action is OP, but the claw is not...LOL. Fail.

troll:
    0/10
    • Up x 1
  7. Dytto

8. Badname6587

No, I agree on pump shotguns. I dont mind the upfront damage, but the reload time should be elongated even more to balance the playing field for CQC automatic non-shotguns.

Last I saw, the Lancer was out performing the Phoenix. Id much rather have the lancer than the phoenix. If you have half a brain you can almost use the Lancer as effectively against air/land as the striker without the nub lock that the TRs seem to need.

The straight down maneuver works now and then as an ESF it is not perfect at all. If you are only connecting at 30% with your striker you are epicly failing. The ESFs only get 1 barrage of flares every 25-40 seconds depending on their certifications. Considering every other TR is equipped with a Striker... flares mean next to nothing if you encounter anything more than 6 infantry. Going "straight down" requires you are at a decent altitude to begin with and it only works every so often once you are locked. Your only bet is to use cover to stop the rocket barrages. The concept of the weapon and the 5 rockets I have no problem with. I do have a problem with the weapon having as much range as it does. It is terribly effective against both land and air. It shouldnt be more effective than weapons that just specialize in hitting aircraft or hitting armor. It should be somewhere in between for both if you want that kind of flexibility. I just checked about 10 players that I normally play against on the TR faction and the range of shots connected with the striker range from 58% to 72% between these players. This is just too high IMO. ESF Pilots have enough to dodge from burster maxes/skyguards and other planes. A full clip of a striker (5 rounds) will take approximately 3/4 of an ESF health away - also realize that at most distances the ESF will not have vision of you because you have not rendered. Now, say only 3 of the rockets hit - that is around 40+% of the ESFs health - and this doesnt even begin to take into account anything else the ESF is trying to dodge. The striker needs to be reworked - I think the damage output is ultimately fine. If a ESF gets too close, that is there fault. However the way the range currently sits a heavy can have you locked before you can even get the heavy to render on your map. That is just not right.
  9. nella

Right now I don't think any one faction specific weapon or vehicle is OP. I think TR got the best ESF, MBT, AR and carbine, but I wouldn't call any of them OP.

List of OP things:

TR: Blackjack, Uppercut
    NC: Claw, Bruiser
    VS: Phobos, Deimos
    • Up x 2
  10. Konfuzfanten

The Lancer isnt close to out performing the Phoenix.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=25

If you only look at the data, it seems like the striker is worse then the lancer, but i dont think you will find many that thinks that the striker is underpowered/underperforming. Those stats are pretty screwed as any Vanu/TR will tell you. There is a reason why both NC+TR have 2x as many ESRL users.

If you look at the kill-death scores its pretty clear that the Phoenix outperforms the lancer.

The main reason why the lancer is perferming decent in stats, is because its great at kill stealing.
  11. Drealgrin

a good Reaver pilot is a force to be reckoned with. Shame that so many NC are such bad pilots. They have the Airhammer and the shortest TTK rotary cannon.

also this
    • Up x 1
  12. MarkAntony

and by the end of the year we'll be fighting with weapons that do 1 dmg per bullet. and the TTK will be 5 minutes on every type of weapon in the game.
  13. KillSwitchWes

The only 2 things I can say are OP are the NC MAX with duel AI weapons and the TR striker. That's it anything else is just out of personal preference hating... The Scythe, seriously is good where it's at for the most part (could maybe use some more tweeking), it hovers good that's about it. The Reaver is supposed to be slower and has more armor, the Mossi is fast and has less armor. To even give an honorable mention to the Lancer... I slap the sh*t out of you. It has the worst time to kill out of all the launchers by a mile and the Orion only has a 50 round mag and I think slightly more recoil than the other standard LMGs (don't quote me on that though)...

If anything VS is OP it would be, well I can't think of anything (probably because I'm a VS player :p )
  14. huller

You complain about the phoenix being adjusted? realy? I mean, REALY?

All you NC did with it was noobtube infantry and whine about how it would supposedly be our own fault, you even got two buffs in sucession to compensate for reduced dammage against infantry and still you complain?

Mossie is not OP, it is simply fueled by the tears of your ilk, that's why it's so fast. schyte is more than a worthy competitor for the mossie due to it's extreme A2G stability. Reaver is deff the worst of all three ESF for your average pilot yet the airhamer is a beast. Mossie is definitly the best A2A craft for the average pilot, Schyte against ground while remaining respectable in A2A engagements. Reaver is extremely tough to master but can pull of the more advanced manouvres more easily.

Blackjack, you mean the exact same thing as your Claw?

T2 Striker: 5 missiles, with the emphasis being on Miss-iles, I bought mine with hard earned certification points, just like my decimator (which I still prefer) just to have a lock on launcher for when my outfit calls for a lock on team. You have oblviously never looked at the tracking from a shooter's perspective. The only ESRL with actual hard counters tough extreme DPS. mainly usefull against liberators and galaxies since ESF have plenty of mobility to counter it's horrible tracking system

the prowler always has had the worst surviveability with the most easy to target rear armour and equal health as the magrider without the strafing to augment surviveability. Has firepower and mobility going for it with off center barrels and poor recoil and on the move stability management going against it. Needs two rounds to take down an ESF. Vulcan is pretty much obsolete since the change of pace in armoured warfare the introduction of ESRL brought.

T9 Carv was left horribly maimed by the nerf bat all the way back in december, flinch remained a great advantage for this weapon. The flinch adjustments were a huge buff to it's low RoF competitors. Still prefer it over the TMG-50 tough due to my suspicion there is something odd about the hit detection on that thing and burst fire at long range has become a habit for me thanks to this thing.

All in all, your post is a 3/10 trolling attempt, would not read again.
  15. NovaAustralis

How bout rather than this constant whine to nerf everything remotely considered OP, we discuss what to slightly buff?
  16. NoctD

Bursters - all factions.

Hit them HARD!
  17. Flag

Buff the beamer!
    • Up x 1
  18. Littleman

Hah, if only, then maybe more would actually use the MSW-R. One directional recoil is nice, but it's also kicks harder than it feels like it should. Also, the Orion has .75x movement vs. .5x. Lower recoil values. Essentially, the Orion can act as a move and shoot gun while ADS, the MSW-R slows the shooter to a crawl. Sure, the MSW-R can equip a laser pointer, but the Orion can get away with a fore-grip and still be highly effective in CQC. But what mostly gets me is the MSW-R's recoil. Something about it seems too severe compared to the Orion when I use either of them.

@OP. It isn't that the striker is OP so much as it's the only decent launcher available to the TR, just as the Phoenix is to the NC and the lancer to a (good) VS. I want my striker to be a wire guided missile launcher however, as opposed to a lock-on and fire and forget missile. Flares, smoke, and good old dive bombing pretty much render the striker useless.
  19. DaninTexas

There is only two things I think need a nerf and 2 things I think needs a buff

Things that need a nerf:

1. AV turret - I use it and love it - but let us be honest - this thing is stupid OP. Limit the range or limit the ammo on board
    2. ATV - Stealth mod should take the weapon slot. Would give infiltrators the ability to scout with stealth and radar and would nerf the ATV from where it is which is a bigger threat then a MBT currently.

Things that need a buff:

1. Reaver - currently the least noob friendly ESF in the entire game. I think because of its size and speed - give it a slight health boost - say 15% and it should be golden.
    2. MBTs - all of them - keep in mind this is coming from mainly a infantry player - they need a boost in health. I would give them maybe a 15% boost. Guns on them are fine. They just are currently to weak. If I had my way they would cost 2 times what they do - have a double timer then they do and be 2 times the strength and have to be multi-crewed - 3 people (driver, main gun, top gun). But to keep them soloable - I feel 15% on health would work great. They just need just a slight boost in what they can take.
    • Up x 2
  20. Torok

game is pretty much balanced right now :D
    but still got a few things getting on my nerves

AV turret hitting from 1031984234031230 meters withouth rendering, staph it! staphhhhpffpf
    Lolpods instagibbing MBTs by hitting them in the Rear.. from the TOP, LEGIT
    Rockets on infantry, hurrrrdururrherp
    • Up x 3