Mosquito Needler is overpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Feb 29, 2016.

1. PasitheeVS

Actually these are the DPM values (Damage per Minute)

Well, weapons with even lower DPM are:

Antares LC = 143.440 DPM <200m, 119.968 DPM >300m
    M20 Kestrel = 150.000 DPM <230m, 120.000 DPM >330m
    M18 Locust = 139.600 DPM <200m, 116566 DPM >300m
    Light PPA = 135000 DPM (on all ranges, other damage type however...) 85.000 DPM directly + 50.000 DPM Splash Damage.
  2. SW0V

Wow... congratulations on comparing completely unrelated weapons just to make your point valid.

Edit: I would like to point out that among the large capacity nose guns... again... the TR has the lowest DPS.
    • Up x 1
  3. PasitheeVS

You said the Needler was the lowest DPS NJosegun, which is wrong. If you said that it is the lowest DPS standard Nosegun, that would have been right. That missunderstanding is entirely your fault, don't blame me.

Also:

M20 Rotary: 200.000 DPM
    Hailstorm Turbolaser: 194.810 DPM
    Vortek Rotary: 240.000 DPM

Among the high-DPS Noseguns, where DPS really matters, VS has the lowest DPS and also lowest Damage per Magazine.
  4. UberNoob1337101

Now you're just trying too hard to save your biased arguments. It's true, Hailstorm got over-nerfed, but if we're talking about the NEEDLER and that it's clear as day that it's the lowest DPS standard nosegun, then don't bring up unrelated stuff. No need to show irrelevant info.

DPS matters on every nosegun a lot and not only on the high DPS noseguns, it's like me saying that DPS only matters on CQC weapons which is silly.
  5. JohnGalt36

6. Joexer

Fail troll OP
  7. PasitheeVS

Let's say it like this: Needler is the worst standard Nosegun, but also the Mossy is the best ESF.

Worst Nosegun + Best ESF = Balanced

On the Scythe it's the other way around

Worst ESF + Best Nosegun = Balanced

On the Reaver it's like

Huge Hitbox + High Maneuvarability + High Afterburner Speed + Low Accuracy + High DPS = Balanced, but situational.

And the sidenote about the high-dps Noseguns DPS comparison was just to show that
    1. TR has not only the lowest DPS
    2. That this game is oftenly illogically balanced - why should the Mossy have the worst standard + High-Magazine Noseguns while having the best high-DPS Nosegun? That makes no sense at all.
  8. Scr1nRusher

We are certainly summoning some Warp Daemons with this thread.
    • Up x 2
  9. Nehlis

HERESY!
    • Up x 1
  10. SW0V

.... ugh! Just stop.

Hailstorm has 197,110 for starters

Secondly, this thread isn't about these noseguns. Scrin is saying the 'Needler is OP'... I'm saying "lol what!?" that is all.
  11. Nehlis

I thought Scrin and I were summoning warp daemons?
    • Up x 1
  12. SW0V

Oh dear. My mistake. Scrin just makes so many bad threads I thought this was one of his too. Sorry!
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

wow.......
  14. PasitheeVS

[IMG]

Well, when you look at ps2oraclestats.com and compare the standard noseguns, the OP is right.
    The game is full of Needlers and they outperform their counterparts.

Needler AKPH: 7.17
    M20 Mustang AKPH: 6.18 (-13,8%)
    Saron AKPH: 5.57 (-21,8%)

This, while the Needler is also the most used standard nosegun as well

Needler: 458.5h
    Mustang: 344.7h (-24,8%)
    Saron: 379.7h (-17,1%)

Also the KPH is won by the Needler.

Needler: 8.2
    Mustang: 7.14 (-12,9%)
    Saron: 7.18 (-12,4%)

All in all:

1. TR
    2. NC
    3. VS

So, yes the Needler is OP. The Bundle Mosquito + Needler outperforms it's counterparts in every way. Nothing to discuss about that.

BTW:
    On the Low-DPS Nosguns:

1. TR
    2. NC
    3. VS (far off)

High-DPS Noseguns

1. NC
    2. TR
    3. VS
  15. Atorum

I love when people write how TR is op, in this example Mosquito, yet the best pilots never fly Mosquitoes.
    Them hypocrites, so entertaining.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

"bad".

I make people think differently instead of live in la la land.
  17. SW0V

So, your argument is that the needler is OP because it has a higher KPH? Okay... fair argument. But KPH against what? If you look just to the left of the column you circled. You can see that the Needler has the lowest V. KPH. at 0.98 against the NC (0.99) and VS 1.02.

Is the difference significant? No. I think these nose guns are balanced the way they are.

Curiously. If you go to the vehicle deaths per month section of Oracle of Death and filter by ESF. You'll see the real culprit of the OP's bias.

Doing a quick calculation using the suicide figure (because it's the largest number which will give the best prediction of total ESF deaths) I calculated that in the last month

484221 Mossies
    428757 Scythes
    393287 Reavers

Died.

So yes.... the sky is full of needler mossies. Is it because the Needler is OP? No. It's because TR are simply pulling more mossies.

But... why are TR pulling more mossies?

Could be because TR don't have to deal with strikers.... could be because TR don't have to deal with lockdown Burster MAX's.... could be a cascade effect that if you see other mossies in the air you're more likely to feel safe to pull your own (especially true for newer players).

It's a very complicated question to answer. But I'm pretty confident when I say that "The needler is OP" is not likely the reason.

Edit: erm.... I'm not sure whether V. KPH includes air vehicles.... I just noticed that the A2A missiles have stats of 0 for this category... that can't be right. So... yeah. Feel free to correct me on this if anyone knows anything.
  18. Poppington

It's almost like the numbers of amount of ESFs pulled is very similar to game-wide faction population numbers. I wonder why...
  19. SW0V

...? um... nope?

[IMG]
  20. Taemien

Did someone seriously post a pic trying to show the Needler being OP.. but the Vortek is at the top?

/thread

In reverse... Reaver pulled the least.. but NC has higher pops across the board.