Mosquito Needler is overpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Tr34

Yes, servers are full of A2A Needler mosquitoes. A needler destroys other esf without even giving it chance to turn and retaliate.
    It's also OP in 1v1 hover air duels, balance the damage or fire rate please, thank you.
    For reference, you can play in Cobalt EU and see.
  2. Scr1nRusher

This was a rage based post wasn't it?
    • Up x 7
  3. thebigbortishbort

Not a very good one it seems.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nehlis

I would love to believe its bait
  5. Scr1nRusher

Which Chaos God you think hes trying to summon?
    • Up x 1
  6. Nehlis

Hmm, well, he's denouncing the Needler.
    Needler is used by the TR, and the TR are red.
    Red is the colour of blood.
    Khorne is the blood god, and his biggest rival is Tzeentch.

I think he's trying to call upon the Lord of Change...
    • Up x 7
  7. Scr1nRusher

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    • Up x 3
  8. FateJH

It was probably based on my post in the Galaxy thread where I pointed out the Needler outputs 15000 of unmodified damage per magazine in 6s.
    (The Saron Laser Cannon does 13200 in 5s and the Mustang tries to do 13750 in 5s.)
  9. EPIC389

[IMG]
    Needler op?
    Wait. Wrong game sorry
  10. Taemien

This time I'm not so sure.. All Access tag means its not a throw away account.

Could be just a raging noob.
  11. DarkStarII

Ever heard of the Vortek Rotary?
  12. Hammerlock

forums ... forums never change
    • Up x 5
  13. Armcross

Yes we know. They even clone the needler for new line of weapons.
  14. SW0V

You realise that the needler is the lowest DPS nosegun in the game... right?
  15. PasitheeVS

That's wrong.

Also, the Needler might be a pretty bad (but easy to use) Nosegun, however it is on the most OP ESF. 20% higher cruise speed than Scythe/Reaver and a really slim hitbox, together with good vertical thrusters.

The only OP nosegun is the M18 Rotary. High DPS, High RoF (dense stream of tracers helping to aim), good accuracy and decend Damage per Magazine. I used it recently on one of my TR alts, it is the best nosegun in the game.
  16. UberNoob1337101

0/10 trollpost because considerable lack of length and feels. Also not enough rage and lost points for using server culture as a reference point, because that server is notorious for being filled with skyknights that can poo on you and do it a hundred times over no Matter how good you get, it's their skill fAcerolling you, not the weapons. I know the feels, but git gud m9, It's the best advice i could eveR give you.

Also the Needler is the worst nosegun in the game. Least DPS which means unless you're better or his aim's worse you're disadvantaging yourself.
    • Up x 2
  17. SoljVS

lmfao. Please check the stats vs the other nose guns. Blah blah RoF blah blah. As I tell everyone RoF only matters if you are connecting near 100% of all your shots. Needler needs a buff or the mustange needs a nerf tbh.

A reaver with the same skill will usually always beat out a mossie because of the damage bonus and the super AB.
  18. SW0V

So... maths isn't your strong suite then?

Needler = 150,000 DPS <200m, 125,250 DPS >300m
    Saron = 155,320 DPS <200m, 129,904 DPS >300m
    Mustang = 166,750 DPS <200m, 133,400 DPS >300m

So... yeah. It is the lowest DPS nosegun and you can definitely feel it.
  19. Jamuro

well while the needler itself certainly is not overpowered i can certainly understand why op thinks so.

The needler is simply something you ll face very very very ... very often in A2A battles and usually is used by pilots that take the whole A2A part very seriously.
    The main reason for that tough is not because it's op, BUT because it's a very good learning device.

It has the same bullet velocity as the m20 mustang and a higher fire rate, which means it has a much clearer tracer shot line.

I usually recommend anyone that wants to learn how to aim with a reaver, to switch to tr for a month or so and learn with the needler.
    The higher fire rate will help you getting a better feeling for the weapon and it will become intuitive/automated a lot faster than by training with the m20 itself.

Plus once you are able to stand your ground with the needler, you ll be very pleasantly surprised when switching back to the reaver.

In the end tough the needler is by far the weakest of the noseguns and you will get a lot more power out of a reaver, just not at first.

Edit:
    Also you are playing on cobalt ... the server with probably the toughest competition when it comes to A2A and some outfits that mostly play tr and focus on recruiting any talent.

So suck it up, or play TR.
  20. Scr1nRusher

In the ForumHammer 40K universe, there is only Forum.
    • Up x 1