[Suggestion] More Ammo For HA's (Rocket Launchers)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Stormlight666, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Stormlight666

It's amazing the amount of hate the idea of having a few extra rockets for an HA generates. Guess the Zerg is afraid of dying.
  2. Quor

It's tantamount to those light assaults who say "Why not just give us sniper rifles???" or the infiltrators who say "Why not give us jet packs???"

Classes exist with class restrictions for a reason. All classes suffer ammo issues. You can deal with this via ammo belt or munitions pouch (for engy and HA). Otherwise, you need an AMS, a terminal, or an engineer. That's the name of the game. That's teamwork. If you get into a sniping position, why not bring an engineer friend with you? There are means in game that allow you to have unlimited rockets as it is; changing a cert to give 2-3x as much rocket ammo is unnecessary.

And this isn't a matter of "hate" as you call it. Plenty of people have given you reasons as to why it's not a good idea/is totally unnecessary.
    • Up x 2
  3. Stormlight666

Actually that's not true. You argue about me having lots of rockets yet engineers can have unlimited grenades in their launcher. Don't hear you saying that's unfair. Why should I have to drag another player up to a sniping spot with me when an engineer won't drop ammo to me on a hill outside a spawn room. Changing a cert to give you more ammo is fair since it's a cert that most people don't take since they hide inside spawn rooms and would rather have flak armor. Your answer is to penalize the player who races out of that spawn room, getting far enough away to actually help try to shoot down the lib firing on the spawn..... only i'm 1 missile short of killing it, then it finds me and kills me.

And the people that are telling me it's totally unnecessary are most likely tank or lib pilots who don't want their cert farm interrupted.
  4. Quor

You're arguing apples to oranges.

Grenades don't destroy tanks. Grenade launchers require the engineer to be at LEAST at medium range, and being able to equip a grenade launcher means using the Solstice SF, the Gauss Compact S, or the Trac-5 S, which are all good "all-around" guns, but nothing that shines particularly in one area, meaning they need to sacrifice the CQ power of a higher RoF weapon while also losing the hitting power/accuracy of a longer-range gun.

But that's all irrelevant because grenades don't kill tanks while rockets do. They are intended for two entirely different roles and comparing the two is useless.

Also, assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a "tank or lib pilot" that doesn't "want their cert farm interrupted" is flame-bait language, blatantly untrue, and makes you sound like an idiot. Above and beyond the whole equating grenades to rockets thing.
  5. Hosp

Only on the TR. Locking launchers were specific to the TR and it was really only used outdoors. All AV damage by the empire specific launchers was pretty minimal against Infantry, so launcher spam wasn't an issue. Only the decimator was truly effective against both Infantry and Armor, however it was a 3 Round disposable launcher with a slow moving warhead. It wasn't as effective outdoors against infantry.
  6. Stormlight666

The fact that you're not saying you AREN'T a lib or tank pilot shows i'm right in that case. And yes the grenades can't kill tanks, just infantry.... which you have no problem with since thats the same as what a zerg does.

I'm not asking for 20 extra rockets, just an extra 3-6. That won't break the game. Especially with outfits and engineers doing mass attacks (Buzz and also the 666th) BUT it'll allow lone players to also make more of a difference on the battlefield on that ridge when the rest of the infantry are capping a base. It IMPROVES gameplay by deterring the zerg, not takes away from it. Especially when a HA with a launcher can easily be taken down by 1 sniper.
  7. Dovahkiin

8. Stormlight666

No i'm also all for making the Utility Pouch to give +1 explosives per level. Still capping the player at placing x amount of one type of explosive but having more to replace them with in the field.

As for the Munitions Pouch - I MENTION IT ALL THE TIME. It's what I want to give you +2 or +3 rockets per level INSTEAD of +1 to give HA the extra ammunition.

You are the utter fool. Engie's will NOT become obsolete because I have 3 extra rockets. Those 3 rockets just mean I can kill that sunderer I see at the far end of a base WITHOUT having to run back and reload only to return and find it repaired and i'm STILL 1 or 2 rockets short of killing it once more and having to stand there NOT GAINING XP and highlighting it so someone else can kill it.

Heck those same engineers will get MORE XP when i have to reload a few extra rockets when I find them.

I don't play HA all the time, it's my 2nd class and the only class it screws over are the Liberator/Tank drivers who are out to mass kill infantry for certs. And I'm not crying over their deaths.
  9. Quor

Again, personal attacks and useless assumptions. Clearly I made the NC LMG guide because I'm a lib/reaver/vanguard pilot who's out to eat your babies with HE rounds and not because HA is my main class and I've tested/used it extensively since beta. It's all a part of my clever plan to trick people into choosing an LMG that's effective for them based on their needs and playstyles! And you've walked right into it Stormlight666!

All is as I have foreseen. And I have foreseen that I am done with this conversation right about.....now.
  10. Stormlight666

Especially since you haven't given me a single reason on how 3 extra rockets breaks the game.
  11. Lucidius134

Munitions Pouch feels fine as is. Even the 1 rocket for 30 certs is noticeable.
  12. Longest Silence

Munitions Pouch is a good example of a situational cert that nobody who invests into Nanoweave is ever going to enjoy using. Generally in cases where I really need to use a large number of rockets and engineer will be available, simply because everyone around me is also using rockets and resupply XP is too valuable to miss. There's plenty of situations where I however do run out of rockets, but predicting when they might occur is basically impossible. It's annoying being out of rockets because you've been harassing ESFs, only to have a Vanguard roll in.

I feel that Munitions Pouch is a good example of a certification that could available to the launchers themselves. Even if the certs were expensive (say double the cost of comparable upgrades to primary weapons) they'd allow HAs to invest further into an AV roll. New scopes, reduced lock-on time or range, increased capacity or reload times are a lot more interesting choices than the defensive bonuses, that are all but required, granted by Flak or Nanoweave.

I'd happily take cert specialization for launchers for necessary reductions in stock settings. Follow a similar model to guns. The default launcher is well-rounded and works well out of the box, but has few upgrades. The G2A and G2G launchers are weaker when first acquired but can be invested into to specialize them in a manner unavailable to the stock weapons.
    • Up x 1
  13. XRIST0

+1 for 1-2 extra rockets ! 4 is just not enough , great idea .
  14. Kon

quoited because it made me lol
  15. JudgeDeath

I heard this game aint single-player and you can v+4 for ammo ?
  16. Rago

Still, i never had or have such a Problem XD
    Maybe because i play with Friend/Outfit or where the Fight is.

We dont need more Rockets
  17. Stormlight666

Again i'm not asking for more ammo in the Base Ammo Pool for Rockets. I'm asking for an extra rocket per level of Munitions Pouch to justify the cost and the sacrifice of taking flak.
  18. klor

Personally I don't think more rockets are necessary, I could see maybe one more added to the suit cert. I definitely think the third level is currently way over priced. 30, 150, 250, 500 would be acceptable.

My question to you is: Why don't you bring your own Sunderer?

I liked the suggestion of bringing a flash as well as the suggestion to have launcher certs. The problem is launchers have been balanced without certification points. In order to add certs to launchers I think they would have to be nerfed to justify them being even stronger when maxed out.

I think the reason you will never get more rockets is that launchers are not primary weapons. I think what would suit you best is if they introduced empire specific, anti vehicle weapons for the primary weapon slot. Some how I doubt that will happen though.
  19. Stormlight666

Sometimes I do bring a Sunderer but it's hard to keep up vehicle on a continent where you only get +10 and you're out-populated by 15%-20% on the server. Also you get tired of people complaining when they spawn at a sundy in the middle of nowhere.