MKV vs. Suppressed Lynx?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by NoctD, Sep 9, 2014.

1. cruczi

That's not really good logic. You're much better off working your *** off hunting people if it means they don't know where you are. If it weren't for the massive reductions in bullet velocity and damage at range, I'd probably always have a suppressor equipped... cos that would be OP.
  2. Leivve

I can't hear you over the lamination of the noobs I'm gutting.
  3. cruczi

First you kill them then you laminate them...? What?
  4. Leivve

Ahhhhhh! I see what you did there.
  5. cruczi

FYI the word you're looking for is 'lamentation'.
  6. Leivve

Auto correct is a mysterious mistress.
  7. cruczi

I always forget people post here from smartphones/tablets. Pff, slow business. I only read the forum occasionally but never post from my phone.
  8. Leivve

No it's my browser, this site doesn't have a mobile version so it's to bothersome to fight the system.
  9. cruczi

So you're posting from a PC? With autocorrect?
  10. Leivve

Browser does, I turn it off normally, but I had to reset the thing recently and forgot to change it back. BTW thx for reminding me.
  11. Brenold

I also find that SPA with suppressor makes it seem like my bullets have weights attached to them.
    I observed that the downsides for SPA alone are hardly noticeable, whereas suppressor by itself is already a huge drag on range and damage.
    When I put them together however, the bullet drop seemed a lot worse and the small difference in velocity has a huge effect at range. I don't know if this was compensated for by better damage since it was a lot harder to hit stuff with. maybe it's not really just 5%? or maybe its because its 5% off a number thats already been cut down by the suppressor?

I dunno, sometimes attachments all seem to be placebo sometimes. You adjust your play according to whatever situation you think your weapon is customized for, so even if they did nothing half the time we can easily fool ourselves into thinking otherwise
  12. Nakar

A Suppressor is 40% or more. You would definitely notice that. 5% is very, very difficult to notice, but over extended distances it could make a difference. Since it's percentage-based it also is probably more noticeable on guns with a higher baseline velocity as they lose more absolute velocity than something at a lower velocity. Mind you, the difference between the TORQ-9 and Jaguar is like 9 m/s in relative lost velocity, so it's not much even at very high velocities, but perhaps you'd feel it a little more there.
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, on the other hand, a weapon with faster velocity will still be faster after the reduction.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if it's additive, which I assume it is, 60% -> 55% IS a noticeable relative difference, it's nearly 10% of the remaining velocity.