MKV vs. Suppressed Lynx?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by NoctD, Sep 9, 2014.

1. NoctD

Just got to trying out the MKV, its surprisingly good! On an LA, not an infiltrator. So its got me wondering, does a suppressed Lynx outperform the MKV, or does the MKV do better as a suppressed weapon for the LA? Assuming suppressed + soft point + advanced laser on both.

I looked at the stats and briefly it looks like the MKV is better hip fire, the Lynx is better ADS, but not sure about the damage drop off and projectile velocity on the Lynx with a suppressed/soft point setup.
  2. Rogueghost

I personally don't bother with suppressors, but the lynx blows the MKV out of water, suppressed or not.
  3. Iridar51

MKV is a defensive weapon, Lynx is offensive. Use the first one if you'd like to live longer once fighting starts, use the second one if you plan to kill the enemy before he even reacts.
  4. Jawarisin

Shouldn't bother with mkv as a light assault. In fact, you should avoid silenced weapons.
  5. Moz

Why?

On topic - I hated the MKV, got aurax on all NC SMGs and the MKV is by far the least versatile and hardest to score a kill with. Also, dont put SPA on the MKV. The only plus the MKV has is high velocity on a suppressed weapon, puting the SPA on mitigates the ONLY posative the MKV has.

Its like putting HVA on the Guass SAW.... you just dont..... ever!

Surely a LA would be better with the PDW?
  6. Iridar51

Dafuq? You really think you're gonna notice a 5% reduction to velocity of the 330m/s? No, never. 50% increase to maximum damage range you will notice, however. SPA is a no-brainer for ALL weapons that can have it, the only exception is weapons that can have a greater benefit from HVA, like NS-11C.

Maybe among SMGs MKV's only upside is velocity, but among all other weapons, MKV as an SMG has excellent hip fire, and that should be its defining trait, not lol velocity of 330 m/s.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nakar

They're actually going to be slightly different in function.

The MKV being a SMG has much slower hipfire bloom than other weapons. The Lynx being a 125-damage-tier carbine has the bloom of a 143-damage-tier weapon. Factor in the higher rate of fire as well and the Lynx's hipfire bloom can get pretty dire pretty fast while the MKV's will remain fairly stable.

If you ADS more, or just want more range in general, I much prefer the Lynx. I don't think the MKV is all that bad though despite the things people say about it. TTK and DPS aren't everything and if you must use a suppressed SMG, why not use the one that gets the lesser penalty from it? Also I got it for 1 SC so I can't trash the thing too much, my expectations are pretty low.
  8. cruczi

Lynx outputs such sheer volume of fire and DPS that in close quarters, MKV's increased hip accuracy and lower bloom are rarely competitive enough. To consistently outcompete a 1900 DPS carbine in close quarters, you need a gen 1 SMG like Armistice.
  9. Jawarisin

because LA's get spotted more by tracers - flash suppressor needed - than by the radar ping. If you see a red dot, you'll turn towards the building, assuming it's within, maybe at it's door. The cue that will get you to look up really fast is tracers. And in the end, good players will tell where you are anyways. But bad players don't use their minimap anyways, so it's not as much of an issue. Silencer also makes it DRASTIALLY harder to hit moving targets. (it's drastic although, it's really easy to do. But with the current hit detection, better not take any chances).
    • Up x 1
  10. Iridar51

Since when Flash Suppressor removes tracers?
  11. Jawarisin

Since forever... That's it's use.
  12. nehylen

Not at all. Its purpose is to reduce muzzle flash from your weapon. Not the tracers.
  13. Iridar51

Flash Suppressor doesn't remove tracers, only muzzle flash. It always was like that, and I tested it with an outfit mate a couple of months ago.
    • Up x 2
  14. Moz

Not sure man, just felt a WHOLE lot better for me, especially tracing targets at slightly longer ranges. I certainly felt like i got the kills i needed fatser without the SPA. Maybe to be fair, its just that i was getting used to the hunk of junk so it became easier.

Yeah, think its just the muzzle flash it removes rather than the tracer. Would you still not pick a suppressor?

Not the most experianced LA so genuine question.
  15. vsae

Except it doesnt and never did. Lol.
    Flash suppressor is the most useless attachment in this game so far.
  16. Iridar51

It's a placebo effect. 5% off 330 m/s is not something you can notice.
    I wouldn't be quite so blunt. Removing muzzle flash is an important effect. I've lost battles because the enemy was equipped with Flash Suppressor. I've got quite a big section for the FS in my Gunplay Guide.
  17. vsae

Well okay, its usefull at night. But concealment-wise I would go for regular suppressor instead and rely on stealth more.
    ofc, its just my 2 certs.
  18. Maljas23

I only use the flash suppressor on weapons with extremely annoying first person muzzle flashes, that just so happen to not have an already insane bloom effect.

So.. on weapons like the Rhino and the Bull.
  19. FieldMarshall

Go with Lynx.
  20. Leivve

Suppressors are for people who are going sneaky, sneaky. If you have a lynx you WANT people to know where you are so you don't have to work so hard to hunt them down yourself.