Miller - Server population: imbalanced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fotosynthese, May 13, 2013.

1. Fotosynthese

Do you call that "balance?"
    It still confirms that at the moment the population difference is not balanced.

The amount of players online always change, so the population too.
  2. Patrician

Just wait; it will all change again, it always does. Just think the higher the TR population, the more red targets there are to shoot at.
  3. Bankrotas

What's with recent burst or millerwhine?
  4. Joram

This plus Miller as a recommended server if you choose to make a VS character.
  5. Xasapis

I hope you understand how this site works. It monitors the logins to the game that happen every 30 minutes or so, it does not monitor how many people are actually in the game. It is an indication of population, but it is not accurate to count the logins and say "there are X amount of people now in the game".
    • Up x 1
  6. GhostAvatar

Did I say it WAS balanced? No. So stop trying to be a forum warrior and picking a fight where none exists.

Actually I do know how it works by actually by reading the description provided on that page, which you obversely don't (polls logins every 30 mins lolz). The simple fact is that the OP took a snapshot at a single moment in time which had unnaturally inflated figures to try and prove a point. To use data like this invalidates any kind of argument.

Consider this, those pictures were taken minutes before the alert ended where VS held no territory at all and would have gotten 0 XP. How many VS with TR alternates do you think actually had the brains to logout, and then back into there TR toons just to claim a huge chunk of free XP sitting in the warp gate. Same goes for the NC players.

Those players would not have been reflected in that graph since they didn't log in and stay logged in for the full hour. Thats why the graph is more accurate a picture since it removes statistical anomalies such as those I have described above.
  7. Davelantor

Congratulations TR for finally capturing the Indar sometime after 2am today.
    With 50% world population, it was bound to happen eventually.
    Sucks that VS held it for just 2 months till now.

8. Xasapis

Well, alerts will be interesting now that we're not bound to guarding Indar, that's for certain ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Kapernum

Lmao, must've been inspired by this?

10. Vanus Aran

SOE should give all NC and VS player on Miller like 500 certpoints already. xD
    Why? Just because so that its fair again? No seriously I dont know.

But its clear as day if you are TR on Miller, you get CERTPOINTS JUST FOR THAT.

AGAIN - I logged in just to see TR winning an Alert on Amerish with 100% OF THE HEXES and 70% POPULATION !!!
    This time I wasnt stupid enough to go. This time I deserted. Im so proud of that, words wont do it justice.
    I hope those idiot lamers bored themself to tears and can only enjoy their lame free certpoints.
    Currently its the only thing making Planetside2 a frustrating game.

Around a few minutes Crown was retaken by the TR lemming zerg.
    I dont care about their names, Outfits and what they believe how they deserved it and "organized" the defense. A farce!
    They zerged it and there was nothing one could do.

While there are alerts when the TR is only slighty in population-advantage im always trying to make VS and NC fight together with the truth and fact that
    " If you fight each other while an alert - you could as well play TR right away. There is no difference. "

And sadly there isnt.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cowabunga

Space rome prevails.
  12. Xasapis

Hehe, it prevails so much, I'm playing Path of Exile more than Planetside 2 lately. Also the new Neverwinter, though I regret some of the money I spent there. Got Borderlands 2 really cheap off steam lately too, that's one title I haven't played at all. And I do want to play Farcry 2 at some point. I've also heard good things about the new Metro. Choices ... choices ...
  13. Cowabunga

I hope you guys get back on your spandex horse again - We will end up having civil war if no enemies are to be fought. :) I don't want peace damnit (hides from the TR secret police).
  14. Xasapis

I've unlocked solstice burst yesterday for ***** and giggles. It does seem to have hit detection issues, so we'll see how long it'll take me to get auraxium with it.
  15. Seneo

Me and a lot of people I know are canceling or have canceled their subscription. We do not know why to play and pay for a game what frustrates you. Over one month there are at all times more TR than VS and NC sometimes more than VS and NC together. SOE is loosing customers if they dont react. Does anyone know if there is an official statement from SOE side about the population balancing problems? Is there a possibility for character transfers?

I loved PS1 and I begin to dislike PS2 ;( - Please SOE don´t let it happen.
  16. RF404

They should add a much greater xp incentive to underpopulated factions _and_ the possibility for players of overpopulated factions to convert their character to one of the underpopulated factions on the same server (including a 2 week "trial period" in which the convertion can be reverted at any time).
  17. Seneo

I have seen it in other mmo, that if one side is overpopulated, you can not create a char in that faction.

In last patch, VS and TR got better dmg output with the new max ability and the under populated NC got only a shield.
    It feels a little bit humiliating with a sarcastic flavor :)
  18. Hagestol

TR finally capped Indar outside of the 3am-5am time? Congratulations I guess.

You have our home, we will take it back *shakesfist*