[Suggestion] MG right click attachment for tanks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Nov 29, 2014.

1. KnightCole

Maybe tanks are powerful in a large zerg where there are so many firing that you cant miss, but a lone tank. Not that powerful or that scary.

With blast radius nerfed to much, shot velocity being weird and how easy it is to just jump around and not get hit by a tank shell. I dont ever really fear tanks. Not going to play stupid around them, but really fear them like I should? As if they are actually fearsome weapons of war? Naw...its more like, oh, well, hes got a really big gun, dont stand in front of it. But its real easy to poke out, fire, duck into cover, poke out, fire...cover, fire....yeah. Maybe 1 HA alone cant kill a tank, but that tank isnt going to do **** to a lone HA who isnt stuck out in the middle of an open field.

Id love to see a video of you in your tank NOT just sniping unsuspecting enemies or farming a sunderer....
  2. zombielores

VS have a better Coaxial because of a fixed turret, and also the Prowler has the best main cannon for dealing with infantry....... and the best ESAI weapon now.

I would say add these to HEAT since their useless now but a few changes I would make is change them to supplementary weapons.
    -Lower all RoF by 100.
    -Decrease magsize to 40 for 167 and 45 for 143.
    -Add bloom of 0.03 for 167 and 0.025 for 143, [half of infantry ADS bloom.]
    -Implementing a 1 second delay for weapon switching.
    -Reduce main cannon reload by 50%. [While in coaxial mode]

My proposed change is no long range farming because of bloom and TTK and they aren't compatable as primary weapons or over shadow ESAI weapons.

These would be pretty balanced as supplementary weapons to support the main cannon while being able to hold their own if need be.

Edit, added in more info to be clear.
  3. thingymajigy

• Up x 3
  4. BengalTiger

It didn't spawn any troops.

I'll take it for 350 nanites.
  5. KnightCole

1: See, that is where the entire rework would see buffs and tweaks to all the shells and guns to make each unique and useful. Maybe HEAT deals better damage against lighter armor and MAX suits, planes/liberators where AP is primarily for Tanks. But idk
    2: No idea here lol, Tank vs Sundy? Lolwut? Sundy is the spawn point battlebus, it should be durable, idk about tanking a tank, but it being tough is fine
    3: Long reload, but very powerful guns. IDK about 1 shotting a Harasser, that seems a bit much, even imo....BUt hitting it with an AP hard enough to light it on fire and get it to withdraw, sure. Or, if you pair it with your gunner, which would pretty much be a tool to convince people into teaming up, hammer a Har down maybe 75% and your gunner could do the rest. Yeah, maybe the Vanguard could get a 6s reload...
    4: TR getting lower ROF on the LMG vs VS? Idk lol, the Magrider seems like a really bad tank overall, its got lowest velocity, only aims forward, its so that when it gets infantry to it's front, it is better able to handle them. The Prowler gets a multi shot cannon+LMG+top gunner? meh...idk..
  6. Revel

You know how to fix tanks? Main gun requires a gunner. Secondary requires a gunner. Driver just drives. Then since they really need a 3 man crew to operate efficiently, they can get some buffs to survivability.

The problem is the mass of 1/2 tank zergs that pervade the game.
  7. Auzor

Another option, specifically a boost to the Magrider I think:
    Driver only has tank-shells, which we can still buff, rework, mix etc.

The secondary however, can bring 2 weapons, of different classes.
    So, this means the second gunner can bring the default basilisk, current "vs all" selection,
    OR 1 from
    cobalt, marauder, canister, PPA
    AND/OR 1 from
    Halberd, enforcer, saron, vulcan
    AND/OR 1 from
    walker, ranger.

So, driver has the main gun,
    secondary gunner can have a selection, for example cobalt+ enforcer, vulcan+walker, ..
    what he can't have (for obvious reasons I hope) is Halberd+ Saron for example.

Now you can have an AV/AV tank with still either some AA potential, or some AI potential.

It also means a 2/2 mbt should be more "enticing" overall.
    I think I'd be rather thrilled to be gunning an enforcer and still have a canister for close infantry to switch to for example..
    Or be stuck with the halberd, see hornet-ESF's coming in from above, and switch to the walker. (hello there!)
  8. Thesweet

This is the thing that gets me them most. The ability to strafe with pin point accuracy whilst wrangling a bazooka. It becomes that time consuming ang boring i just move onto other areas. If I wanted to play wack a mole I would have gone to the circus.
  9. Thesweet

Sniper rifle on tracks with light amour, that's what I visualise when someone mentions mbt in ps2. Yeh you can kill stuff, with limited options and it is tedious in everyday. Nothing like the joy of the old prowlers, vanguards or marauders in Ps1 where it didn't take 10 shots to the face just to kill someone.
  10. Auzor

So many missed shots from the dalton... and it seems, he didn't even bring the walker/ranger
    clearly, he was a better pilot! :p

Buff the vanguard AA noseguncannon :D.
    Please tell me, was he using racer, or rival chassis?
    I'd think that for the vanguard, side armor is less valuable for flying, as the top and bottom are actually larger..
  11. KnightCole

Oh, be sure, Dumbfires are not pin point accurate while strafing, and the amount of drop they have is pretty crazy. I was at one of those beta contruction sites on Hossin, aiming at a MAX from one balcony to the next, I aimed at the wall above his head, fired and still hit the little wall in front of him......its really damn annoying to aim those dumbfires.....drop and speed are horrid on them.
  12. KnightCole

Yeah, would be neat to have the gunner able to do that.
  13. Thesweet

Max is much smaller then a tank, and they arnt that bad. I can hit a stationary tank at least 100m away by just ducking in and out of cover.
  14. IvanDrago

I made a similar suggestion in this thread I made a little over a month ago:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...axial-machine-guns-assorted-proposals.205249/

TL;DR, instead of making it right click, just make it another weapon that can be switched to with the mouse wheel or number keys, just like in ESF. That way it doesn't break the current mold for weapons and gives you all the defensive utility you need against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  15. Longasc

The thing is, you probably noticed how much they gimped blast radius of tank main gun shells and how badly Anti-Infantry secondary armament got nerfed. While it only needs a Light Assault to **** a brick of C4 and its game over for the tank.

Tanks are nerfed and in a bad state intentionally, leaving them in a weird state.

The objective of stopping spawn farming / farming with tanks has however not been solved by this. Farmers just now team up for Liberators or take an ESF.

TL;DR I like your suggestion but I doubt this is going to happen.
  16. KnightCole

Sure, a stationary one.....but hitting one that is moving even a little...its not that hard for a tank to side step incoming dumbfires....
  17. GImofoJoe

I'm not asking for main cannon buff. It's just infantry outnumber vehicles very significantly, and tank has no effective tool against infantry. Using your 30 something reserve tank rounds on a few infantry is ********......out of ammo = scrap metal. Yes some say get a gunner, but 99% of the time people drive tank alone.....

COAXIAL MG......NAO!!!!
  18. z1967

Would be great for skyguard drivers. Currently the Skyguard vs. Infantry is somewhat like hipfiring a GD-22S except without the ability to ADS and having severe mouse acceleration turned on. At least the coaxial would solve one of those problems, the other is a balance feature.
  19. CNR4806

Turn the Skyguard into a Walker-type AA. It will actually get better at AA and be an infantry meatgrinder at the same time. Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alarox

But then who am I supposed to farm?