[Guide] MAX Review - Comparison of all 3 Empires

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Kevorkian

Yeah meant Magrider. That's what I get for posting with little sleep. I glanced again right now, I see you're dying alot. Time to jump into that ZOE before your kd plummets before 1.04 again.
  2. Vixxing

Haha zoe is a great way to kill but also a great way to die... you do 20% more damage to ONE target while taking 20% more from ALL targets... My Mag is alot more mellow to play and alot more survivability :) (ppl whine about zoe beeing "powerful" and moves to fast to hit, how about a Harasser with Saron,Vulcan or Enforcer on the roof? Moves 10*faster with 10*more firepower while taking 3 times as much damage to kill))
  3. Bape

Im doing it wrong? Did I say I move and shoot do you really think im that slow? I stand still and semi auto shoot and it still does not register correctly. Please next time ask a question on how im using the slug rather thinking you know what the hell you are talking about thanks.
  4. phreec

TLDR.

Most likely another VS player trying to justify ZOE's OPness. Am I right?
    • Up x 1
  5. Kevorkian

Pretty much.
    • Up x 1
  6. DashRendar

Everybody who defends the Aegis always has two things in common:

A: They don't main NC
    2: They say "well you just have to learn to use it right. I use it right and it's unstoppable OP lone wolf Beast mode." but never give any useful hints or details?

At least this poster had the decency to say it is useful for pushing corridors. To which I immediately thought.... Planetside has corridors???
    • Up x 1
  7. FrontTowardEnemy

I'm an old school PS1 guy, what can I say?

I tend to play PS2 with my PS1 tactics, and "back in the day" for example, Bursters were TR only, and lockdown was the only option. Nobody knew any better or different, and we played with what we had. And it was awesome. I loved Bursters because it was the most skill intensive and extremely hard to use effectively, but in the hands of a skilled player it was magic. I apply the same thought to my current options and I have no issue with using the NC shield, and quite effectively at that. Same goes for TR's lockdown.
  8. Phaze

You're also some amoun't "harder to hit" "more agile" "better able to dictate the fight" to all targets.

ZOE does not make VS MAX 20% easier to kill.. in fact, I think most people would say it makes them a lot more deadly AND harder to kill.

Exception would be if you are standing still AFK.. then yeah.. you'd die faster.
  9. Aethestis

Still survive a lot of tank rounds to the face, AP rounds even, So I dont see this increased damage thing actually happening
    • Up x 1
  10. FrontTowardEnemy

In preparation for ZOE's impending removal from the game I modified my fits with more ammo instead of ZOE and I found that I'm just as effective without it as I am with it, considering I only have it certed to 3 instead of 5. At level 3 the DPS increase isn't enough to offset the -20% resistance nerf, and -20% damage resistance is NOT the same as -20% HP. It's similar to how ROF radically increases DPS compared to an increase of damage per round.

Anyway, ZOE will be gutted, I'll be carrying more ammo and players will still die, only now they'll wonder why I'm not pink. I just want the bright blue tracers to remain for my Burster. Those are actually really helpful.
  11. Kunavi

Quick question - What does it take for an NC MAX to take two direct HE shells from a Prowler(Full red circle flashing) and still make it? I am only curious. I have very little experience with MAX except seeing a lot of ZOEs being ZOEs. That is, slaughtering what is not a ZOE.