[Guide] MAX Review - Comparison of all 3 Empires

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ladiesop

Unless it's been changed recently Level 1 to Level 5 damage received and movement bonus is the same, at 20%. The only differences are in bonus damage dealt.
  2. illgot

I wonder if they did change it.
  3. Phaze

Now people are posting "guides" to try and defend ZOE?

I did my own test tonight.

I bought the 1st level of ZOE. NOTHING else. Default weapons and only certs into reducing cooldown timer.

72:23 k/d defending amp station on Amerish/Waterson.

I'd be OK with those #'s if I was using my fully-cert'd HackMAX in a BioLab. I can only imagine the carnage I could cause if I had max spec ZOE and better weapons.

I'm not that good of a player. No way should I be getting a kill ratio like that on an almost naked MAX.

Stop being silly claiming it's not OP - it is.
    • Up x 2
  4. Kevorkian

Yes, I zeroed in on the part where you had a bad/unlucky streak. Because if you're going to bash someone else and claim 50+ kill streaks, you better be stellar. Your stats say otherwise.

I've survived direct hits by rockets, but while at 100% hp. This morning I died to my first C4 (walked into it like a noob). There's really no danger with ZOE on all the time. I've turned it off once if I recall correctly, when I had 2 TR maxes blasting at me.

BTW Illgot, you TR on Mattherson by any chance?
  5. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

What most peeps don't realize is how the additional speed can help mitigate the penalty of increased damage. Either the damage increase must go up higher or they give ZOE a cooldown.

Stop trying to defend the ZOE. It's absolutely bonkers even in its current state after the 'tweak' and I easily roll a long killstreak with it on my VS alt.

[IMG]

It took me being completely outnumbered six to 1 before I got taken down and that's AFTER I killed off five of them. And before that I engaged another five people and I was left with 1/2 of my hitpoints too.

And looking at your stats , I can see why you want to defend ZOE. Thanks for making me laugh like a lunatic when you mentioned that slugs are "good" when you sacrifice DPS and mobility for them to hit anything accurately.
  6. Vixxing

Or actually had 50+ killstreaks that i claim? (wich i have if you bother checking them out) And if you count recent data my k/d is around 5.... (i know TR likes to use stats for lying but stop trolling)
  7. Vixxing

How many hackmax killscreens or fracture for that matter would make that one look ridicolous? (have you seen stats on MAX AV weapons? best VS weapon is Comet on 7th spot with 6 NC and TR weapons above and Fracture more than 3 times more kills than the Cosmos)
    • Up x 1
  8. illgot

can you test the direct damage taken with a missile and tell us how much health you had left and what missile was used?
  9. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

If I died to a HackMAX/ScatMAX I definitely deserved it , but otherwise the ZOE is pretty much the be all end all MAX ability as is. It's all about effective engagement range and mobility. The only other MAX I even minorly consider a threat is a TR MAX.

And by the way illgot , a direct damage with a missile (Deci) would leave you at about...1/4 health I believe. Still enough for you to run away if you played your cards right.
  10. Kevorkian

Yes you did a marvelous job riding shotgun in a Harasser. You're the foremost expert on maxes. We'll stop questioning you. :rolleyes:
  11. illgot

Now i need to find out what that damage is with a higher level zoe
  12. Xasapis

Guys, why do people repeat this? This was true on the test server, but never made it to live, neither the movement having 4 tiers more than it has in live. There is only one tier of movement, the first. There is only one tier of armor debuff too, the first. The only thing that gets upgraded is the damage. The VS max is taking 20% more damage from all sources in all tiers, effectively having 20% less life than the rest.

Also to the guy above, a direct decimator hit leaves the zoe max with two bars of health (5% life) (assuming no armor or kinetic/nano-repair). 1-2 pistol shots and he's down.
    • Up x 2
  13. illgot

awesome to know, I kept reading it on the forums but went directly from 1-4 when I used my max so could never test this.
  14. Ganelon

Did you just call Pounders "very good" while saying that the Comet and Vortex are "bad"?

Alright, just another VS player full of crap.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xasapis

I'm not the same guy, but I'll just say that both Vortexes and Pounders are very situational weapons. They are not bad, but either their niche rarely comes up or they are not versatile in a platform that is already suffering from lack of versatility.

Having said that, the data shows that the fractures perform twice as good as the comets. On the other hand, pretty much noone uses the Pounders, while there are a few souls that still try to make the vortexes work.
  16. Vixxing

Never been in a harasser, Use max 30%, magrider 30% fly scythe 10% and infantery the rest...
  17. QuakerOatsMan

Pounders are far too situational to be conventionally useful because of the arc (ie: outclassed by every other MAX AV). A problem that compounds this is that players will find it hard to fully utilize the arc anyway because MAXes don't have proper crosshairs for it (ie: pounders would be slightly more useful if they had crosshair dots that allow players to more easily judge/aim and compensate for drop (similar to those that MBT guns and sniper scopes have), but that's probably impossible because of the MAX's dual-wielding nature). Something else the pounder needs because of the arc is perhaps a more effective blast radius. Pounders pretty much only pose a threat to stationary vehicles or those that are less than ~50m away, and even then they are the hardest MAX AV weapons to use for consistently landing shots.
  18. Joram

Nope, bulls**t, lies, if 5 infantry start shooting at you you are going down, you are really expecting someone to belive you won a 5vs1 and lost just half of your hp and then you kill another 5 guys on a 6vs1 before you died? a regular max with kinect armor cant survive against that many infantry, with ZOE taking 20% more damage there is no way in hell you can kill them and run with half your hp, most probably is the first 5 guys will kill you and have a couple of guys alive.

ZOE needs to be an energy based ability, is to good no matter the situation, is easier to escape or to chase people, is easier to flank, is easier to dodge C4, the damage with comets is totally absurd and needs to be nerfed, bursters shouldnt be affected by ZOE and its just nice with AI weapons, almost everything is just better with ZOE, but you die FAST, infantry shooting at you is a threat, rocket launchers are a certain death, a decimator shot is 84% of your total hp, UBGL is more than half your hp, mines are close to half your hp. Stop lying about ZOE, is to good and needs to be changed, but its not the old liberator/prowler/hackmax, its has a HUGE downside you wanna see it or not.
  19. lilleAllan

I had an interesting experience, playing my uncerted low level Vanu alt MAX in a biolab.
    I murdered two lvl 40-50 TR maxes with the default loadout - those clowns were there to grind infantry and ran the standard AI, dual mercy noobery, which apparently loses hardcore out if you go at them with your standard AV weapon on one arm. Still I was more than able to kill infantry since i had the comet on the other arm. Will probably look into this more, but the versatility seemed promising.
  20. illgot

I actually love my pounders when locked down on my TR max. Makes a complete mess of an area esp when I can arch over rocks and still hit a Sunderer or tank trying to take cover. But yeah, double Fractures is still better most of the time.