[Suggestion] Make pilots (and drivers) unable to bail when vehicles are on the red

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Sep 25, 2016.

1. SoljVS

Dumb idea. No
    And while you're at it make it so heavies/infantry can't pop health regen kits if the shield is broken/ they are moving/ have health under 50%.
  2. lothbrook

They should have restricted vehicle use to engineers long ago, would have solved so many issues like bailers, suicide heavies in tanks that just hop out and nail you with rockets after losing a tank fight, or suicide LAs with C4, ect..

Maybe let other classes use the flash.
  3. Savadrin

I'm not really sure about this, but I thought the whole idea behind the ejection seat in an aircraft was to escape even if it was severely damaged or on fire.

[IMG]

And just for reference, you don't even have to shoot a player to kill them with your aircraft. Ask Hader, my outfit leader:

4. Alexkruchev

I would agree except for pilots who equip ejector seat. I do not agree for MBTs and slow moving vehicles, because the one time you DO limber out of a vehicle under fire is when it is on fire. They should make it punish you, perhaps stripping your shields when bailing out if vehicle is on red.
  5. Moz

Just make the vehicle itself count as a kill on the kill board....
  6. Savadrin

Why bother? You already get much more exp for destroying vehicles than you do for destroying players per capita.
  7. Moz

I think its just that people get annoyed with people bailing after a fight and not getting a "kill".
    • Up x 2
  8. ColonelChingles

Infantry duck into a building so I don't get a kill.

REMOVE ALL BUILDINGS!

Honestly I'm totally okay with another tanker just bailing after a fight. As a general rule I don't go after tank crew unless 1) they're setting up with an AV MANA turret or 2) they're plinking at me with an Archer. Even if they lay down mines I usually let them go (but I blow up the mines).

If I took out their tank before they took out my tank, I "won". I removed an enemy tank from the battlefield, which hopefully will slow down the enemy. Killing tank crew in no way, shape, or form slows down the enemy because infantry are free.
    • Up x 1
  9. Savadrin

Oh trust me, I understand. Many of my harasser driving deaths come from greed of running over the driver who bailed.
  10. Savadrin

Well Chingles, sometimes I'm like this, sometimes not. There are days when I'm only out to make friends by running people over and using the toilet flush horn afterwards. Thus my sky-high KD.
  11. Moz

Firstly, not even CLOSE to what we are talking about.

Secondly, dumbest comparison i read in a while.... "Apple is same as camel"!

Thirdly, it doesn't bother me either.... hence why the change would be good for everyone. The people who do care get what they want... a kill. The people that don't care.... still wont care.

The reason they care, is because they put so much effort into killing a tank in comparison to an infantry unit. Problem is they get nothing to show they are doing so.... A kill on the board would make things feel a little more worth while to them i guess. Personally, i will settle for the certs! ;-)

Its just like recursion, they show you what vehicles you destroyed and who they belonged to in the kill feed.
  12. ColonelChingles

It's a perfectly valid comparison.

Pilots benefit from a mechanic that allows them to leave their vehicle, denying other players a kill.

Infantry benefit from a mechanic that allows them to take cover in indestructible buildings, denying other players a kill.

The solution is to quite obviously remove both mechanics, ie remove the ability for pilots to bail from heavily damaged vehicles and to remove all buildings. In that way everyone gets what they want, right?
  13. Moz

That is literally the dumbest thing i ever read.....

You aren't even comparing apples and oranges.... You are comparing an apple to like a train or something.... Not even both fruit.

You are clearly thinking i'm asking for something else? I am 100% not saying they should get locked in the vehicle, i am offering another option.

The issue isn't them taking cover! The issue isn't even anything to do with infantry! Nothing at all!!

Its a scoring issue in some peoples eyes. This is something that can be fixed so easily. Hence add a kill to their stats for taking down a tank.... I don't understand how you think this could hurt in any way.

The guy who gets the tank kill gets a nice shiny point on his KD, the driver of the blown up tank gets to escape without a nasty horrible blip in their KD (just like now). Win win, unlike the whole "guy gets locked in vehicle at x%" idea.

Again it makes no odds to me... I'm happy with the certs. However this has been an issue since the dawn of time (i can remember people asking about this during Alpha). There is a simple fix (add kill to board for vehicle kill) that not only makes them happy and less stressed, but also means people still have a chance of escaping with their lives (just like you suggest).
  14. adamts01

I think it's fine how it is. But then again, I play for fun, not stats. The only time I really enjoy getting a kill, is when a LA bails out of his plane, because I know that guy's stats are so important to him he gave up auto-repair to avoid death. But yeah, the rest of the time it's about completing the objective, and having some good fights while I'm at it.
  15. Pelojian

you are too merciful, if i kill an enemy vehicle i will do my best to kill the crew, as long as they are in your general vicinity they can lay down tank mines(in an attempt to kill you, plus mines are a danger to allies unaware of them), or harass you with rockets or try to C4 you from above later.

on the other side when my vehicle is destroyed i will try to evade their fire and if i think i can kill them on foot i will try to kill them after the spotting timer expires.

also if the enemy vehicle happened to be a poorly outfitted lightning and poorly piloted one i am hastening them towards them pulling another one immediately to feed me more XP.
    • Up x 1
  16. ColonelChingles

Then can I get a kill added to my K/D and cert count for injuring but not killing an infantryman when they duck into a building? I'd take that instead of removing all buildings in PS2 altogether.

In my solution both people are happy. The tanker gets a "kill" from infantry who are taking advantage of ridiculous cover mechanics and the infantryman gets to survive.

Eh, my Lightning playstyle is very hit-and-run, so after a kill I usually run away anyhow. There's not much chance for return fire.

Plus in my calculation letting the enemy live is actually better than killing them, as it takes them longer to get back to base on foot. More time spent walking or even just hanging out in the open means less enemy tanks on the field, which is really the only thing I care about.

And finally it's kinda fun to watch the confused enemy tanker panic when I have them in my sights and then get totally confused when I leave. I do the same thing with the random Infiltrators I meet in the field. :p
  17. Moz

Hahaha.... Again with the TERRIBLE comparison!

You need to let go of the buildings thing!
  18. ColonelChingles

And infantry need to let go of the getting kills for killing vehicles thing!
  19. Moz

One makes NO difference, the other is a complete game changer.....

You really are utterly clueless!

Done here.
  20. ColonelChingles

In both cases, people are getting kills for things that they do not deserve. I fail to see the difference.

If infantrymen can get a free kill for not actually killing a tanker, why not allow the tanker to get a free kill for not actually killing the infantryman?

Heck, if you don't actually have to kill anyone to get a kill, why not just grant everyone 1,000 free kills just for logging on? Then everyone is happy! We'll all be running around with 100+ KDRs. :D
    • Up x 1