[Suggestion] Make GD-22S the standard issue NC LMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

(facepalm)
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

The entire point of the EM6 is it's large magazine though.
  3. Pfundi

Sorry that I didnt really mention it, but 65 bullets is a trait of a auraxium weapon and it should be.
  4. Casterbridge

Thing is, as pointed out earlier high capacity is really a TR thing, and NC have not one, but three guns with 100 round drum magazines. They really shouldn't have that many, either that or the TR should see at least a couple of their high capacity guns buffed up further.

Also the GD-22s, which indeed a much better choice than the SAW for starting out, is behind the damage profile of the Carv and Orion. 167/600 is closer, but I didn't want to just suggest giving the Anchor to start off with (which I think would be a bad idea).

Finally the EM-6 has felt lack luster since the last changes they did to it, it's not bad or anything and certainly other guns need more work, but hey if we are asking for a new starter for the NC (which has been asked forever) may as well ask for the moon and try get some tweaks for the EM6 to make it a bit better all rounder, still higher capacity than the Anchor (and SPA). Thinking of a almost a GodSaw lite mode in a way.
  5. SamReye

There could be a choice of which starter gun you could get. GD, Orion, and MSWR would be the recommended ones, but perhaps players could opt to get one of a selection of others, i.e. SAW, CARV, SVA, etc.

GD should be what new players start with, though, I agree.
  6. MasterDemoman

Now watch as the 100000th thread saying this fades into obscurity and new NC players will continue racking up both TKs, and below 10% accuracy, with the GSAW.
  7. MarkAntony

If the ASRs are so bad then how come i can perform as well with an ASR as I do with an SVA-88*. Are you gonna tell me that the SVA-88 is a bad gun, too?!?
    And I hope you had fun cherrypicking your stats. cause you left out the main strengths of the ASRs which is accuracy and controllable recoil. not everything is decided by TTK (in fact, unless it is stupidly high or low, it isn't all that important). and they sure as hell aren't meant to be hipfired.
    ASRs are great. they just require a specific playstyle. medium ranger flanker.

* player name Chack3210 for reference.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

EM1 should be the starting LMG.

it has really low recoil, a massive magazine and fairly average damage.
    that all screams new player, no more rank 1s running around with mule-recoil 200 dmg weapons.

this would be perfect for new players and also later on it would let other LMGs feel like an actual upgrade.
    • Up x 1
  9. Skiptrace

I'd say give them the Anchor or a new gun.

The Anchor IS a CQC gun, but 99.999999999999999999 *insert more 9's* 99999999999% of fights in PS2 are CQC. It has an excellent recoil pattern, and a great ROF. the EM1 is pretty close to the most meh gun that the NC have. It has paltry damage for an NC gun, and it's reload is a bit too long for my taste. And it is a direct upgrade to the GD-22S, it has a higher ROF, slightly lower velocity, and a slower reload, which makes it better for CQC.

The new gun could work more like the Orion or the Carv, but have 70 or 80 rounds in the mag, a slightly higher velocity, a slightly lower ROF (like 730 ROF), and a slightly higher damage model (Carv and Orion are 143 IIRC, the new gun could be 150) And for the love of pizza give all of the guns in the bloody game SPA and HVA... It's kinda stupid not to.
  10. Plastikfrosch

i can get my killstreaks with the ASRs too, but that wont change the fact that the NS SMGs will outperform the ASR in nearly every way (faster rof/more damage per mag/ better ADS movement/better hipfire). so yes, the ASR is some kind of "here buddy infil, get this *giggles*carbinelike*gigglesmore* goodperforming*startingnottoburstintoinsanelaughte* allrounder *colapsingbecauseofinsanelylaughter*" weapon.
    And by comparing the SVA (698rof/75rounds permag/0,75ads) with ASR (652rof/24rounds per mag/0,5ads) and saying the ARS is as good as this LMG you became totally implausible.
    I have done up to 49killstreaks with my crossbows (while being a stalker) and i dont remember something like that with the SVA, NS15M or even the betelgeuse but believe me, the crossbow is by far the inferior weapon compared to those LMGs. Just because you are able to adapt to a weapon to get the best out of it does not make it a good weapon it just means that you are able to adapt.
    Still the ASR and the NS SMGs fill the same role (close to midlong range) and within those ranges the SMGs do perform better and are the more reliable weapons. The only reason to go for the ASR would be to go for the auraxium BR.
  11. Plastikfrosch

The EM1 shouldnt even be an NC weapon. its a typical Vanu (or even TR weapon, even if the ROF is to low). Gauss Saw S or GD22 would fill the roll pretty good.
  12. Taemien

I don't see the point. It would only be a PS4 change. Guass SAW isn't a terrible weapon in a vet's hands. And after three years, we're all vets on the PC. Sure there's about dozen people every month or so that tries the game. But why make such a drastic change for so little of a number?
  13. nehylen

I believe devs have stated the game has no problem attracting new players, but has lots of trouble keeping them. While obviously changing the starter guns won't make them all stay, it seems a good choice, in light of that knowledge, to provide them some appropriate guns.
    That applies to tier1 BASRs on VS/TR infiltrators too (who thought of giving them such turds as the semi autos as default...?), and they should probably get gen1 smgs free too (same as shotguns)
  14. MarkAntony

15. Plastikfrosch

1. dont write inside of a quote
    2. its possible to work good with the ASR because of the class it is available to. its easyer to outmaneuver an enemy with an infil than with an HA. and you can compensate for the 24round mag by throwing an emp BUT it wont change the fact that the weapon is not as good as other available weapons: AND believe me: give an HA the ASR and then tell me again that you are able to perform as good with the artemis (in this case) as you can with the SVA88 and i call you a liar simply because the SVA outperforms the ASR in any possible way and so do the NS7 PDW and the MKV suppressed. They work better within the ranges the ASRs are created for and are far supperior in CQC because of faster TTK, more damage per mag, 0,75ADS and far better hipfire accuracy. i can work with the ASR but as long as i have access to far more better performing weapons i wont touch them especially since the reward is just another eidolon without any extras (i can build my eidolon to have the same attachments i will get with the reward weapon).
  16. Taemien

I think it has more to do with the game being dated. It is a 3 year old game. Everyone who was going to be interested and stayed has already played, stayed, and left if they are going to leave. Retention is hard because its hard to keep someone in the same game for 3 years.

No doubt PS2 has done Well for THREE years and no expansion. I'm going to give credit where it is due. But lets be honest, no MMO has gone longer than this without expansions. Even PS1 had three expansions by now.
  17. nehylen

PS1 is probably the only MMO comparable to PS2, though unfortunately i have never played it so i have zero knowledge about its expansions.
    If i think about mmorpgs which i've played, i doubt i would like to see the expansion system in PS2. A standard expansion usually adds a new zone, new levels of progression, new classes. If i think new zones for PS2 it seems rather inappropriate: a lot of the time there's only 2 continents opened, and they're huge, which is painful when you're a newbie. So by adding other continents it'd become more painful because everything is always new, forcing you to adapt yet again, and you couldn't open too many continents even in prime time, because at some point you risk fractioning the playerbase, and also make alerts lose even more of whatever meaning they have now. It also requires an awful lot of ressources to create a brand new continent, and as you know they've fired a lot of people a few months ago.

Horizontal levels of progression already exists in the form of multiple jetpacks, choice of guns, etc...and they add some once in a while. Honestly i'd rather see a good balance pass on what we have now than new guns/abilities anyway.
    New classes? Why not, though i'd can't see what that'd be right now.

As such i wonder if the idea of expansions really makes sense for PS2. What did the PS1 expansions bring to the game?
  18. Taemien

More players. It revitalizes the game. Gives new players a fresh new start. Gives old players a reason to come back.

Players is a resource this game could probably use. Changing a starting weapon won't bring a new player into the game. It MIGHT keep a random new player in, but they are already in the game playing. An expansion would get those who aren't playing, playing.
  19. UberNoob1337101