Macro users should be banned.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BigMacDeez, May 15, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Big?!???!?

dafuq? Dude, it's less than half the width of a keyboard...

You just need a real keybord for when you need to type/do basic tasks :p

The thing I love about the G13 is I never need to lift my left hand or move the palm at all. I can hit 26 or so keybinds all without moving my left hand at all.

Also, full gaming keyboards are hardly much bigger... they also have better response times on keys, often have better durability (though not some cheap POS's) and better tracking for multiple simultaneous key presses. There's a lot of good gaming keyboards out there, and they're roughly the same size as my std office wireless keyboard with 10key numpad.
  2. Zinfandelta

Being able to purchase something doesn't automatically make it "OK" to use. This thread seems to be boiling down to personal integrity and I'm seeing many lacking any whatsoever. Think, sheep. If you are not fencing this kind of player in with boundaries that basically say "you can not do that, go here, etc" then its perfectly fine in their mind to do it. Who cares if it gives them an advantage, nothing is stopping everyone else from doing it, too, right? That's a slippery slope to start down.

I'm hopeful that SOE will work to remedy these "legitimate" abuses of the game and return to the core principle of the game: fair competitive play. I read one detractor type "grow up". Indeed. This isn't rocket science. You know very well if something is giving an advantage against players who are not aware of said trick, exploit, aftermarket gadget, etc.

In the end, it doesn't matter what our opinions our or how official we think them to be. SOE will determine that they consider to be an exploit in their game. All we can do it lobby one way or the other. I'm casting my vote for fair play and remaining conservative to the original game design/intent.
    • Up x 1
  3. The Fizz

Im sorry you suck at tribes, I really am. But I agree that Counter Strike is a great fps game. Im a long time player of both :)
  4. BlackDove

I do suck at Tribes. I've been playing videogames since about 1990, and I've come across some that just piss me off at how aggravating they are to play. Tribes is one of them.

PS2 is a great idea, but the whole "aiming like in CoD" is terrible. There are FPS games that are ancient, with much better movement and aiming. It's something they seriously need to work on. I don't want to feel like I'm using an Xbox controller (the worst console and controller EVER made) when I'm using my G500 and G510.
  5. loleator

This, the ammount of wrong info these guys have on the head is terrible. Macros won't make you run at 2x speed or autoheadshot or anything. Wow encouraged them and even had it's own scripting system, just like quake, counter strike etc.

I guess they started at CoD...
  6. Allin

Not sure if serious or complete fruitcake.

Every, even inexpensive mouse has the ability to make your weapon fire without recoil.
    Think of advantage. Really. Recoil less Gaus SAW. Think for a second.

Then tell me, it's not cheat.

Every, even inexpensive mouse has the way of gaining client desynchonisation effect, rendering you almost unkillable.
    Think of the advantage. For a second.

Then tell me this is not cheat.

Let me extrapolate for the weak minded. You going to use a bit of imagination on that.

If I'm a genius engineer, and I'm gonna construct a robot, that is capable of playing for me with milisecond reactions and perfect aim control, supported by very advanced prediction patterns- to grind the certs, aren't I just using hardware that I've paid for? Should I be allowed to do this? IS THIS FAIR ADVANTAGE TO YOU?

I've programmed every macro depicted here in less than 5 minutes. They are free on the web for the less technical lot.

Tell me, that the bad kids won't use them for advantage over honest skilled players.

I freakin dare you to read that and support macros. Either people are using macros themselves, or have very large deficits in realistic thinking department.

Chat macros/command macros = YES, should be even supported by a game.
    Mechanic macros = BAN, those are pure cheat, just done differently.

And for the last - comparing MMO like WOW and Planetside 2 in terms of using macros requires TONS of ignorance. Difference is, in MMO all you can do with macros is automatize some part of the procces, while in Planetside with macro you can actually change the game mechanic. To a person with even traces of intellect it's rather obvious difference.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lavans

Which is why spread exists in conjunction with recoil.

Thanks to a broken netcode

Macros don't change game mechanics. Hacks do.
  8. acksbox

it's big for a dedicated gaming peripheral that needs to share deskspace with a real keyboard.

Exactly what gaming keyboard has better response time, durability, nkey roll over, or anti-ghosting than a Filco?

The only advantages any gaming keyboard has over something like this are extra buttons, which I do not need, and macros, which I do not want. Cheaper ones are otherwise inferior to a good mechanical keyboard, and quality ones are often simply good mechanical keyboards with extra fluff that take up more desk space.
  9. RobotNinja

How about they should be banned because multi-key macros are...I dunno...AGAINST THE TOS/RULES?

But...oh no...you go ahead and sip your Scotch and look down on the peasants and their non-play-the-game-for-you keyboards. Don't let something silly like the rules stop you. Good lord knows there are numerous other players who don't mind them.
  10. Markus.D

Don't take my words so marginally. :) Seems you read no other post after my first...
    Where i want to lead you... What are you talking about is not a problem of macro, that is a problem of errors in PS2. Errors must be fixed. But macro is not a direct reason to ban the player.
    Players must be banned cuz they use game errors, but not because of using macro.
  11. Ronin Oni

If you can construct a bloody robot with the AI to play a damn FPS....

hell YAH you can use it to grind certs...

ferk man.
  12. Regpuppy

Depends. Is said robot self-aware and/or considered sentient life, by law?
  13. Allin

No, for the purpose of this academic debate let's say he is not sentient, I only use him to shoot for me in Planetside. So, it is still a hardware that gives me the edge and effect I would not be able to otherwise produce. So, in essence he would be a robotized macro.

That's why, macros that change your shooting behavior are cheats, becasue there is no way human can infinitely reproduce perfect time interval actions in infinite timeframe, and macro can. Therefore you are getting an effect outside of human skill scope.

If that argument is not convincing to people defending macros (and bear in mind I talk about single shot/full auto no recoil macros not convenience things like binding keys to mouse that would not be otherwise possible by game interface, becasue they still require manual input), then, nothing woudl change their mind, becasue they already use one and just like it too much.

*for the clarity of expertise, so I'm not accused of spiking out of the blue - I have a mouse capable of creting such macros and was able to replicate all things that said macro is capable of in both Battlefield 3/4 and PS2. I'm not using it as this makes game pointless, and I hate doing pointless things.
  14. sjtw_w_stot

I just want to macro taunts... but cuz its v + 6 that makes it multi...
    [IMG]
  15. MB79

With Gaming Hardware you pay for that extra functionality and expect it to work!!! Full-stop!
    If SOE are trying to be fair in every corner its understandable! Your keyboard is probably working with all its new firmwares and macros; SO JUST USE THEM! ;)
    And...pro po: Some players dont have their letters visible on keyboards so others should be ban because they have it visible to help them hit correct key??!! :eek:
    Some players have better CPU or GPU and have better fps so they should be banned because they have something others migh not have at their 20fps?!! HEY SOE!!! GET BANNED EVERYONE WITH BETTER HARDWARE WILL YA?!!! :cool:
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  16. MB79

Hey guys you have no idea how macros and gaming keyboards working do you!?
    Flickering, dont makr me laugh!
    If someone really did that it would make their character uncontrollable in the way it wouldn't allow him to move around!
  17. MB79

Edit button isnt available for me in forum now! (am using phone!...not gaming keyboard!) :-D
    I'd like to add: do you know that continuous stress can cause to long term illness?! Why should somebody sacrifice their health for one soe mistake choosing Q spotting?
    And how about disability players? Should they try to force soe to ban other players because they use all fingers/limbs?!
    Don't be ignorant! There's hw for PLAYERS!
    IF YOU ARE ONE, USE IT!!
    Scripting is hacking therefore cheating!