Macro users should be banned.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BigMacDeez, May 15, 2013.

1. AnotherNoob

No. You should not be allowed to use ADAD macros and such, and afaik it is banable atm, even if you payed for the peripheral. If you buy a hack, you should be allowed to use it as well, by your reasoning.
  2. BlackDove

I've got a G510 keyboard and a G500 mouse. I hate people who macro in this game. If they need to macro to be "good" they suck, at the game.

Obviously, they'd get their *** handed to them in a real FPS game(which the FPS elements of this game don't feel anything like).

IDK, maybe it's because the FPS elements of this game are so bad that people feel the need to macro? Maybe that's saying something to SOE right there?
    • Up x 1
  3. Lavans

Hacks exploit the game, macros do not. There is a huge difference between the two. Macros confine to the rules and limits within the game. If a macro is used to exploit, then that means the exploit can be done without a macro too.
  4. AnotherNoob

Just because you can exploit something with and without macro, doesn't make it less cheating. Especially since the macro does the work for you. Out of curiosity, which macros are you using? if you are so sure that it is allowed, feel free to post them here. :)
  5. soeguud

Tribes takes too much effort to learn. But kills are glorious. PS2 is *frag* NEXT!!!
    Actually o/t kill streak bonuses (orbital strike,etc etc) would not look out of place in this game.
  6. BlackDove

Tribes sucks too. The bullets are slower than the people, so it's impossible to hit anyone with anything that does damage. I was thinking Counter Strike or TF2 as far as good playing FPS games.

Holding a gun and moving just sucks in PS2. Feels really imprecise.
  7. Lavans

Cheating = working against/breaking the game's intended design and code. Macros work within the intended design and code of the game, and do not break the design of the gameplay. Thus macros are not cheating.

If macros were a form of cheating, then why do many MMOs have macro functionality built in? In fact, macros are nothing new. WoW and Lineage 2 were the first two MMOs to my knowledge to introduce macros in a commercial game back in 2004. People only consider macros cheating because they need something to blame for their failure. The most important function of a macro is to provide players who are physically handicapped a means to play the game they enjoy.

So just because I support macros, you automatically assume I use them? Grow up.
  8. Venomoroth

i'm pretty sure he is talking about the a-d-strafers who do it by using a macro. some of them strafe in so short periods that they start lag-walking like hell, cannot be hit anymore and are almost invulnerable. this, in my opinion, is cheating. the worse thing about it is that these people can't be found out easily and most of them thing what they do is right, which it is NOT!
  9. Prodigal

TS != PS2
  10. Cobsy

Lol, I macrod my lightning to blink constantly with its chassis lights :p

It's basically a big bullseye_please_shoot_me marker, but hell, it's fun :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Prodigal

Lets report Daddy for his Bail/Logout/whatever macro! :D:D:D
  12. Venomoroth

1. macros are cheating when they are used to get unfair advantages over other players. best example is the a-d-strafe macro, which makes people lagwalk and almost invulnerable. it is 99% impossible to win a firefight vs someone who does it "right" and so IT IS CHEATING.

2. why do people always complain about those who are right and want fairplay for everyone and call them "re **** ed" or "kids" and all these other internet slang words?! if you think it is wrong to fight for fairplay and think it is a sign of young age or immature behaviour then you really misunderstood the whole lawsystem of our world.

examples:
    had the allies to grow up when they crushed the NS regime in ww2?
    was the french revolution necessary or just immature behaviour?
    was martin luther just a stupid child when he translatet the bible?

all three actions were about equality and fair chances - and all are examples for justice nowadays.

i really don't understand why those who fight for something fair and good and want hard punishments are absolutely accepted in "real life" but hunted like deer in the internet. don't we have rights or balls here?
  13. NovaAustralis

This.

Even with a pro keyboard and mouse, a player shouldn't be able to fire a full-auto burst from a semi-auto rifle with one mouse click.
    (Let alone a full-auto burst that is compensated automatically to handle the recoil...)
    Macroing one key to "A,D,A,D,A,D" for a player, needs to be gone.
    Frankly, these types of macros are only a few steps shy of running third-party hack programs to aimbot for a player...
    It is a clear exploit.

Macroing a key to make voice commands easier or make vehicles flash their lights, etc...
    has little to no effect on player ability balance, so is no problem.

As quoted, this is a coding issue.
  14. exLupo

If it doesn't sound like this:
    [IMG]

It's not a proper keyboard.

KLAK KLAK KLAK and none of that bell/whistle crap.
  15. Lavans

a-d-a-d strafing is nothing new and can easily be done without macros. not a cheat. regardless, if it's an issue, then Sony needs to remove the ability to a-d-a-d strafe from PS2 all together. problem solved.
  16. Markus.D

Guys... As for my, you all walking around the problem. :)
    Please, stop discussing is macro equals the cheats or not. It's pointless discussion, as for me.

Guys, lets just write here all you think may be packed in a marco, which will give unfair advantage to user.

AD-macro will give! And all of you will agree with it.
    What more? Lets look on this direction.

AD-macro may be fixed by small client fix. For now, when you press some of WASD, your character will receive the permanent force impulse. If you change your direction, your force impulse will be just reseted and you will get a new impulse.
    Developers must not reset total movement force of player, but make a sum of forces. As result, AD-users will just stay in a place without moving, or will move only in one direction.

Macros, as it is, is neither the cheat nor hack. Macro is just a tool. And this tool may be used for good or may ruin the world.
    So... would you ban your wife just because she use the knife at kitchen?
  17. Bindlestiff

It will be interesting to see who the real quality players are if / when this is fixed. Right now I see so much of this strafing nonsense on players who have so little precision in their aiming that it makes it even more frustrating to die when none of my own shots land because nothing is registering.

I guess we'll have a day or two of peace before someone figures out a new exploit to abuse the hell out of.
  18. BlackDove

Doesn't matter when you have tons of BR90 noobs that got it by doing **** like that, with all their unlocked stuff.
  19. soeguud

Have you seen players who are good at Tribes !? Headshots on people moving at relative 200kph. Twitch disk hits. it's all about the jetpacks maan. Counterstrike is boring. Agree with you on TF2 though.
    • Up x 1
  20. Venomoroth

yes, you can ad stafe without a macro, but you can't do it that fast. the problem is that these strafes are made in MASSES in miliseconds so that people start flickering around and you just can't hit them at all anymore.