M7 Mini-Chaingun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xaragoth, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Xaragoth

The gun is horribly weak. It has very short range and a very long spin-up time. One of the two needs to be adjusted, preferably the spin-up.
    • Up x 14
  2. Daddy Tickles

I agree. It was like that in Beta, and there was no talk that I remember about buffing it.

Having said that if you constantly click the fire button but not long enough to actually fire off any rounds, the multi-barrel spins enough to reduce the delay when you actually want to kill someone. Still need to get the drop on someone though, which seems a little off for HA.
  3. oherror

if anything i wish your could spin up the barrels like in AVP and AVP2. Just make it a slower walk or something so fighting in close quarters doesn't screw you.
    • Up x 1
  4. Malkurn

The MCG can be really strong once you have it spun up and with the extended mag you can easily take on several enemies. Especially with the resist shield. The spin up is the only thing keeping the weapon balanced. It's not that hard to anticipate where enemy players will be. The only situations it really sucks is out in the open and if your roaming a base and sprinting and you come across another player.
    • Up x 5
  5. Bags

Yes it's the worst HA by far.

... couldn't keep a straight face.

If it had no spin up time it'd be even stronger.
  6. absolofdoom

They just need to make it so that you can keep it spinned up by holding RMB.
    • Up x 3
  7. vecdran

Really? Do you have any clue how useless the Jackhammer is? At least the Lasher was changed to something remotely useful.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mitten

Chaingun seems weaker than in beta.
    I used to love it. Now it has horrible TTK compared to LMG's. I can literally sneak behind enemy HA, open fire when I'm right behind them and they still have enough time to turn around and kill me without ever turning up their shield, even if I'm shielded.
    Dunno WTF happened.
  9. Trollcifer

MCG is still the best HA "specialty" weapon but since the resist shield nerf you're usually dead before you get more than a few rounds off. My advice would be to stick with the LMGs.
  10. Cob

It feels a little weaker than it did in beta, but I had OK results with it last night by walking around tapping the left mouse button every second or so. You are broadcasting your position, but when it comes time to shoot your MCG is already spun-up. Without pre-spinning you are going to die every time you are in a close range firefight where both parties are surprised.
  11. Blitzkrieg

Is that jackhammer still 'that' bad? It didn't get a buff? Ouch.

Lasher is better but by no means awesome, if you use it correctly you can have some good kills with it, take advantage of the splash. But using a Lasher against someone with a MCG, you would get rinsed and hung out to dry.
  12. Xaragoth

I played with the Minigun all day and it's horrible. Low range, low damage, long spinup time. Right now the Minigun is completly useless, you have a better chance to kill somebody with a bodyhit from the Rocket Launcher.

Not to mention with the recent change to Heavy, you die in a few hits now, even with the Shield up, so it's even worse, since it takes so long to kill. This thing needs a buff.
  13. Sifer2

The LMG is better all around. It kills honestly almost just as fast at close range. And you don't have to anticipate where the enemy will be. Fact is if your barrel isn't already about to fire an you walk into an LMG user going around a corner he can just mow you down before you fire a shot most likely. And not only that but he has superior accuracy at range. So yeah M7 is a downgrade for HA.
  14. SystemAddict

MCG will soon be regarded as OP once people realize how incredible it's extended mag synergizes with the adrenaline
    • Up x 1
  15. DrTeeth

They nerfed its dps in the release version by about 16% (2270 - 1907). I bought it before I heard about this, haven't been super impressed so far! The laser does tighten up the COF pretty well though, I prefer to use it over the extended mag.
  16. Arghy

Anyone who uses a MCG over the carv is an idiot, sure its better then all the other faction unique weapons but the carv is literally the best gun in the game.

You can kill people in under a second with the carv and they wont even be able to register your there, its literally instant death to the person because theres no time to react.
  17. DrTeeth

In fairness, the CARV is good but it's not an instant death machine. It has half the dps of the shotguns at close range, for example. It has less dps than the GD-7F, Lynx and VX6-7 carbines, the AF-14 Torrent, Centauri and RF-3 rifles, and the Minigun.
  18. Lohk

I've been getting a lot of kills using MCG with Extended Magazines. It does an incredible amount of damage and it's effective at longer ranges too if you burst fire it.

I would suggest to anyone to at least trial the MCG to see if they like it.
  19. Eric Smith

I got Alpha Squad which gave me the TMG-50 and and also bought the MCG with Station Cash. I usually run with the TMG-50 as I like it a bit better than the CARV; it has more damage but a lower Rate of Fire, but with my hit accuracy I'll take the extra damage every time. The MCG is my close quarters gun of choice. If I'm ducking around a Bio-Lab or the like where the enemy is close range and I can predict where they are at I'll break it out, but gimme the TMG-50 over the MCG most of the time. I've out-sniped Snipers with the TMG, where as the MCG is almost useless at range.

Any of the LMGs can also take a various attachments like the Compensator, a Forward Grip, and any number of Scopes making it much more versatile when Certed out. The MCG, OTOH, is kind of a buy and use gun; at most you're going to sink 200 more Certs into it to have the versatility of the Laser Sight and Extended Magazine - a LMG you can easily spend 500 Certs just to get the basic attachments you want, then several hundred more Certs just to deck it out.
  20. Thpthpthp