M7 Mini-Chaingun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xaragoth, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Takoita

MCG in its current iteration simply can't compete with SMGs and pump-action shotguns in CQC - those guns give more bang for the buck while being non-HA exclusive. But it was kinda meh at those ranges even before that - spin-up will kill you, it's that simple.

In fact, it performs much better at close-middle/middle ranges. But the complete lack of optics, severe damage drop-off, strong first-shot recoil and so-so bullet velocity hinder that. Which is a shame, it's a very fun gun to use.
  2. Wildclaw

The mini chaingun may not be the best gun in the game, but I still love it.

• Up x 3
  3. Singed

SOE really needs to buff this gun. Get rid of the spin up and tighten the COF.
    • Up x 1
  4. MasterTater

THE CHAINGUN is the best of all empire specific heavy guns.

Lasher complete bullsheit which is worst of all heavies guns and results in a weapon lock within 10 minutes of playtime + kills yourself more often than playing squash with hand greneades.

Jackhammer - well good shotgun but not better than the rest of SGs.

Chaingun is a dream in close quarter.

If you ask for increased dmg, RoF or other mods to the Chaingun then the fixing of other empire specific weapons comes first.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zaik

i trialled it on my alt, it's so bad. pretty much the ultimate example of the LMG curse.

spin up is longer than the TTK for a hipfire bullet weapon, you could make this 1500 RoF and it'd still be bad.
    • Up x 1
  6. mazty

It's a total waste of time. Utter **** gun - can't think why anyone would use it. Oh wait, they don't.
  7. Singed

Never played the Vanu or NC, but I think If SOE made them competitive then more people would buy them. I have no idea about fixing the lasher but the Jackhammer would be unique if heavies couldn't use shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  8. thebigbortishbort

its my favourite weapon it may have a bit of a funny learning curve but if you use it right you can use it to devestating effect at short - medium and sometimes long although its more difficult then other weapons
    • Up x 1
  9. Valaska

I'm NC myself but this guy is on the button, the MCG has the advantage over all the ESHA weapons.
  10. Blitzkrieg

Wasn't expecting a reply from a post I wrote in November.

All the ESHA weapons need to be tinkered with. MCG is still weak, same damage and rof as a standard LMG with a spin up time. The Jackhammer is the only balanced shotgun in the game simply because it isn't OP. However the Jackhammer is weak compared to its counter parts. The Lasher just needs a few tweaks and it will be dead on.
    • Up x 2
  11. Wardark

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  12. Wardark

Please bring this model back. The handheld drink mixer is terrible.
    • Up x 3
  13. Shaggath

I love this gun you need little time to use them but her ttk is really good with a great accuracy.
    Very good long range weapon with controlled fire.

Auraxium better k/m and i still use it.
  14. MykeMichail

Yeah sorry. Just don't see how this is considered a bad weapon.

Crouching you can mow down targets up to about 100 m away in one short burst.

In CQC you can rip through multiple opponents before the cone of fire becomes even a minor issue.

But its pretty normal for the faction who gets the best of everything to believe they have bad equipment.
    • Up x 1
  15. MrIDoK

The best of everything? Tell that to our LMGs and carbines, thank you. It's just the usual faction bias we always see on this forum:someone plays a lot with faction A, notices its disadvantages, then tries faction B, sees that the disadvantages of faction A are gone, claims "faction B is the best at everything! they have all the good stuff and we are UP as always! the devs are biased towards faction B! They can't have anything because they're already too good!".
    When i hop into my NC char i miss my MSW-R, my Cycler and my Prowler, but as soon as i get back to my TR i miss the Gauss Rifle, the SAW, the Vanguard (i love oneshotting ESFs :3 ) and the Airhammer a lot, but that doesn't mean that one faction gets all the good stuff, it means that each factions gets some good stuff.
    Also, the grass is always greener on the other side, apparently.

At long range the MCG is just as accurate as any TR LMG or less and requires the same amount of shots as most of our LMGs (8 bullets), but while it's not shotgun-bad it's not good either because you can't burst fire with that thing due to the wind up time that leaves enough time to move into cover after the first burst. And good luck landing those 8 shots on target at 100 meters in a single burst (also, crouching doesn't make any difference, just fyi).

At mid-close range this guns is quite good because you can really hose your enemies with bullets and kill them if they don't start firing at the same time as you do.

At cqc it's crap if you don't get the jump on someone or don't have a squad to soak the first bullets of a firefight, the 0.5 seconds of spin up time will get you killed a lot.
    However, this gun shines when used as a squad support weapon, because you can simply be the second guy during an assault and while the first gets shot in the face you spin up your weapon and start unloading bullets in everything you see nearby. 200 rounds in a magazine is really the TR way of life and the MCG shows this.

It's probably the least situational of all heavy weapons, but it's not such a superior weapon as you can do similar stuff with a CARV (50 less rpm but no spin-up? hell yes) without spending 700 SC. Just like the Jackhammer is a better Mauler (accurate, fast reloads) without the 2-shot kill at knife range.
    The Lasher is probably the most unique of the three, but it's a grief machine in most situations :p
  16. Hoki

Easy explanation, you don't have it.

Cool story. Why don't you put your theorycrafting to practice and show all of us horrible TR players the light.

Meanwhile we'll stick to good weapons.
  17. y3ivan

TMC easily beats other LMG, once it manage to by-pass the spin up time. Its a really high learning curve weapon that could be used in almost every situation, expect that it does not excel in CQC vs shotguns, and dedicated long-range LMG but its ideal in mid-range combat
  18. Flukeman62

it could look so much better
  19. Kaesarr

The problem with the chaingun is that in very close quarters you need time to make damage. If the combat goes on, you will win.

Enemy usually will kill you faster.

IN the medium range I find this weapon extremely useful, but only if you aim.

It is a below average weapon quite unpredictable as sometimes you kill an enemy in a sec, other time it hits randomly.

fun to use though :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Cyrek

Unpopular opinion incoming:

I love the chaingun, personally its the best one I have, fits me like a glove. And Yes I have auraxium rank on it. git gud