Low pop and hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Nov 21, 2015.

1. rockhead101

I can't believe that people are still saying they've never seen a hacker. Just look at their stats. If they have normal accuracy, except for the commissioner, they have a macro set to activate the pistol and turn on the aimbot. Seriously, 60% accuracy and 70% headshot rate with a pistol.... My nephew is a script kiddie and he tells me this is the most used hack by far. Hackers are not overt. Only idiots gat caught. I'm so tired of getting headshot from impossible distances it isn't funny. The population decline is bad enough without the guy surprising me from behind in a room without windows and doors......... But I'll be honest, the game runs so bad anymore I can't tell a hack from an exploit or just lag/internet problems. Why does the game run so bad when their isn't even that many people laying anymore?
    • Up x 2
  2. rockhead101

I've just been killed twice in the spawn room, I don't even count the mysterious headshots from nowhere anymore.................No hackers here..........
    • Up x 2
  3. LocuraTotal

Same thing happened to me and the funny thing thing is that I reported this guy already like 2 weeks ago and still not getting banned. This dude was using aimbot the first time i reported him and now shooting thru walls as well. Not a great job keeping cheaters out. And then developers go on forums say **** like ""Oh we are working hard to ban cheaters and we are doing a great job". yeah right, GREAT JOB
  4. WeRelic

Not sticking my head in the sand here, but in my time on PS2, I've seen precisely ONE hacker. ONE.

Then don't believe a single word he says about hacking. I'm a developer ( a legitimate software maker, not a hack maker), and I can guarantee you that your nephew does his best to sound informed, but he likely copies and pastes code that he doesn't understand. If this wasn't the case, you'd call him a developer/hacker not a script kid.

Trust me, there are not that many hackers in this game, at least not on Emerald.

Getting killed in the spawn can be a result of latency, as well as a glitch that allows grenades to pass through walls, not to mention that there have been several level of detail bugs where walls would disappear allowing fire to pass through something that it shouldn't be.
  5. Benton582

Staff do read reports, and do actively ban, and for god's sake, do you KNOW how hard it is to hack proof a game while working on content as well? Remember that the game is run by a small crew, not a gaming firm. Most players don't see them, and it RARELY EVER HAPPENS, most of the time it isn't a hack, but some guy thinking he saw a hack when it's all skill. This all takes TIME.
    • Up x 1
  6. RedArmy

Hackers are pretty easy to spot, so is skill. the difference between the two shoudl be very visible. if you cant tell the difference perhaps that may be the problem.
    im all for a player made reporting system being placed in the game - but it would need penaltys for false reportings. id be willing to bet 85% of all "hacker" reports are false
    • Up x 1
  7. LocuraTotal

There is a big difference between hacking and skills. Some can see it others cant. I can notice most of the time when someone is hacking. It could be my background of fps since that is my main game category, I stared playing when i was 5 and now im 27 so yeah, I got gaming experience. No one is saying that a game is hack proof, that's why a report system exist so that we can report cheaters since there is always some code bug to exploit/modify but I dont think they are doing a great job at banning cheaters.
  8. Goretzu

I've probably seen at least 1 blatent hacker a week, averaged out since the game went Live.

And by blatent hacker I mean someone flying around killing 100's per min, not someone being a tad suspicous.

To be honest though it is not the blatent ones that remotely concern me, it is more the likes of the autohotkey script users, as just using one of its more advanced scripts will lift a poor player and magically turn them into a "good" one with no real telltale sign from another players point of view.

It is probably higher than that, I would imagine 99% are.

The problem is people underestimate how small a % of hack/script users it takes to ruin a game. If 10% of people were using ESP, for example, it would utterly and completely ruin the game for the other 90%, basically making it unplayable for them and there would be no way for a non-using player to play successfully in that environment.

Now I don't think 10% of players are using ESP, it probably isn't even 1%, but even at that low a level, what actually matters is the % of cheaters in a fight. If you have a small fight going on then 1 single subtle hacker/script user can utterly ruin it.
    • Up x 1
  9. WeRelic

Just curious, but what server(s) do you play on?

It seems like the players from the smaller servers are the most vocal about hacking.

Might just be higher visibility due to lower pops?
  10. JustBoo

[IMG]
  11. Savadrin

I'm pretty sure I've seen a handful of aimbots, but I'm leery of overusing the reporting system, so I generally don't unless it's essentially an impossible speed/accuracy shot. Haven't been gibbed like that in the spawn room though.

Phantom headshots? Well I can certainly say that as a sniper pistol stalker (Blackhand) I'd be willing to bet plenty of people felt that way when they died. I didn't understand even a few weeks ago how it was possible the ways I was dying, until I learned to change my locations and pick better engagements. Now it's clear as day. When you combine that with my penchant for power knife countersniping, I think more things are possible in this game than people credit if you have some patience and skill.

Misdirection and distraction are HUGE getting the drop on someone. Trust me, you can be only a few meters away from a stalker for a long time and have no idea. I see it 50 times a day. That said, I'm sure there are plenty of people who do this stuff either for the troll or because they can internally reconcile cheating and still feel like they have accomplished something, somehow.
  12. WeRelic

My "dream" world is the world of a game dev on Emerald. When someone who programs and tests games ( read: breaks them in any way possible ) tells you hacks aren't that bad, you might want to bend your ear ;)

The story may be different on other servers, but Emerald is relatively clean.
  13. Jacques Cayton II

You guys complain about low pop ps4 servers have under 400 people and that's the norm now
  14. breeje

Yesterday I got owned by a BR5
    He killed me 10 times with a bold action in CQC
    No hackers in PS2
    • Up x 1
  15. FlR3

LMAO, now that's funny coming from somebody who says they are a dev on Emerald. It depends on the times (as in what time of day/night) you play. Emerald is not fairly clean by a long shot. Most cheaters on Emerald have been cheating for a few years now and are good at hiding it. They know how to toggle very well (but have been seen when they thought nobody was looking). You said being killed in a spawn room is due to lag? I got news for you mr. dev watching a TR Max kill everybody in a base spawn room, walking thru walls, a TR Max spawning in our VS base spawn room and just laying waste to everybody in there is NOT due to latency (as long as they were in there the pain field should have took them out but it did nothing). Everybody was reporting them and they still played for hours. Or foot soldiers who are able to out run tanks while on foot. Teleporting around, jumping in ninja mode once they teleport to you and always staying behind you while you are trying to turn and shoot them but can't. That is just a few example's of many and I mean many I've seen over the years here.
    • Up x 3
  16. TheDarSin

I probably get reported quite a few times a day since I get at least one hackusation a day so yeah =/. I wouldn't be surprised that a good portion of those reports are false so it makes it quite difficult for someone to go through all of them and find the real hacker. That being said, when in doubt, report. If there's enough people that report that person, it might be a hacker. Lets leave it to DBG to filter out the hackers. The only thing we can do is report.
  17. Benton582

So you have gaming experience, do you have anti cheat experience? If so, how does it work, if not, then your gamer years only show how people hack, but never shot what staff did to stop it. If they reveal the anti cheat, it leaves the system very weak.
  18. Who Garou

There already is one in game.
    Hit Enter.
    Type /report
    you can click on "last killer" to automatically put their name in the slot.
    Then there are a list of options for the report and a screen to fill in more data.

The DEVs sort it out. There is on need for a penalty for false reporting as the DEVs substantiate reports before issuing bans.

It is hard to say on the percentage.
    There are some that would report anything as a hack.
    But I think there are a good number of players that report just what they expect to be actual hacks, and I would guess that those people tend to be more than 50% accurate in their assessments.
    • Up x 2
  19. Who Garou

That's all those advertising dollars going to work.

The access to PlanetSide 2 has to be up front and easily accessible on the PS4.
    And calling Planetside 2 "PS2 only confuses the PS4 players.
    Who wants to play PS2 games on the PS4?
  20. Drag0

Currently they are allowing cheaters back, the bans are temporary or in some cases they de-level the player for penalty... which is a joke.

I play with friends right next to me in the same room, and when all of us see a guy teleport out of no where and land headshots its more than just buggy planetside.

This last month has been terrible - but I stopped paying money for this game already.

Sadly compared to other online FPS PS2 is still cleaner than most.