Low pop and hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Goretzu

Mostly Miller (which isn't a low pop server), there may however be "special" reasons why (which cannot be mentioned) it has a high hacker count.

/report is a placebo, they don't ban guys that have 6 week long 90-100% headshot kill streaks and can headshot you inside your own spawn room........ which means the only people that do get banned or suspended are the most blatent of hackers and no one else.
  2. Who Garou

We can only hope it is functioning.

Report and keep reporting.

If they are trying they will watch for trends of reports on the same characters using the /report function and do something about it.

I see one or more players banned practically every time I play PlanetSide 2. They do server-wide announcements that you can't miss because it is plastered almost in the middle of the screen.
  3. Bindlestiff

I've not seen one of those for what must be at least a month.
  4. Goretzu

Unfortunately my guess is that they are the (blatently) blantent hackers their auto-stat system catches, I don't think it is the subtle ones (that aren't really very subtle these days).

Although having said that people have said they've turned that off now (I haven't seen one of those announcements in a while).
  5. n0pax

This^

They are super hard pressed for money, there are rumors abound of the game shutting down in 2016 and stuff like this really shows why and gives credibility to the rumors. They are very hard pressed for players right now, the game does not have the population to support 2 servers for NA nor does it have enough to support 2 on EU.

The question is will they merge the servers or will they just shut the game down? Merging the NA servers could be a headache due to the 2 databases being on the coasts.
  6. Coldmeister

I played for about 3 hours this morning and saw two hackers. I would love to call them out right now but it's against forum guidelines. Anyway, yeah, it's bad. They really need to start banning their IPs and email addresses that they registered with. I know sometimes they already do this but it needs to happen frequently. I wish there was a GM online all the time to monitor because it seems to happen a lot especially during the early morning hours.
  7. JustBoo

That's not true anymore. The precedent has been set. If you can provide good video of the incidents, you can show them here.

It's not like a whole bunch of people see it anyway. :p
  8. Who Garou

Just saw one yesterday
  9. Who Garou

I saw at least one yesterday.
  10. Goretzu

I've not seen one in quite a while still, having said that the blatent hacker numbers seem to have dropped again.
  11. Jubikus

The big issue with low pop is that the game isnt balanced around it. In a large battle something like a lib or ESF are just good but in a small battle they are god.
  12. Atis

MMOFPS is a paradise for hackers. With so much going on in big battle it's impossible to say who is hacking unless it's super-blatant. Look at any player with moderately good aim, can you be sure for 100% if he's really good or he's a poor shooter with aimbot, who knows how to not stand out too much? Anybody can be a cheater, even if he's playing just above average and does nothing suspicious. Only way to fight that is to make game less about things where hacking matters. Aimbot would be less problematic if most population cared less about shooting mans.