Low FPS? Try these solutions!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by r.Tek, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

If anyone's experience more frequent random drops in FPS, try actually turning the various graphics from Ultra to High.

While my overall framerate increased noticeably, it more frequently dropped to under 10 FPS for a second or two, even outside of a battle. I suspect this is caused by the dumping and loading of the higher resolution textures as you move around or new players enter your vicinity. In my case, setting everything to High that was set to Ultra seems to have solved the problem.
  2. Nitai

I don't care what anyone says.

I used this "Core Unparking" app from the link in the Original Post. My CPU is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 560Ti 1GB.

My FPS went from SLIDESHOW 10-15 to BUTTER SMOOTH 50-60 FPS.

FREAKING AWESOME.
  3. SenorBeef

Core unparking should never make that big a difference and I'm kind of perplexed as to why it does. The devs should look into what makes PS2 so squirrely on this issue.
    • Up x 1
  4. r.Tek

5. Turdas

Tried all the suggestions, though i'm not exactly interested in unparking my CPU. I run this game on the settings shown/everything on minimum and still get crappy framerate.
    I'm runninig:
    Nvidia GTX670
    8GB of RAM
    i5-2500k
    Kinda sad when the game looks disgusting and still runs worse on lowest than any other game on the market at ultra settings. I'm not even interested in making the game look good, just having a solid 60 FPS would be nice
  6. r.Tek

All I can say is that it's personally helped me to improve my performance with my i5 2500k. Just give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you can always use the app to repark your cores.
  7. iUoUi

Unparking really made a difference for me on an old E6759 duo core2 - I was stuck at max 50% (one core) cpu utilization in Win7.
    Thank you so much
  8. Azrafar

Thanks OP for the thread. I think you helped a lot of people who can't afford massive rigs. Hope the game will be more optimized in the future.
  9. Xind

Win8 also parks cores and I did receive a minor FPS increase from unparking my AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition 3.2 Quad (OCed to 3.5). I went from around 45-55 in WG to 65-75, and my minimum fall range in heavy combat went to about 28-30 up from 20-24. It's not a massive increase, but it is noticeable. Mostly on the lower end. 30 FPS is much more playable than 20.
  10. Kretsie

Hi,
    First of all I want to say that I am not a tech guy. Just playing and enjoying this game.

I bought myself a new pc. i5 3570 3.4ghz, GTX 660 ti, 8ram etc.. I think this has to be powerfull enough to run the game properly. But I am experiencing 5 fps when in a battle, not even a big one. When I am alone it goes up to 60fps and higher. Did some tweaking in the setting in file: useroptions.ini. Nothing changed.
    Before I played on a laptop with much lower specs and it ran fine.
    It might be a problem that I just copied the game from my laptop to my pc? Or that my new pc needs a high bandwith? still playning wireless like on my laptop.

I know this is a topic where you can find a lot of answers on but for a non tech guy it isn't very simple to find the right solution.

Thanks for replying and most of all thanks for understanding.

PS: please don't look at my spelling, as you can geuss this is not my native language
  11. Shattered Ascent

I have an I7-3770k and a $430 HD7970 and i'm getting 20fps so i'm trying to figure out why it's so bad. really lose a lot of 1v1 because of it.
  12. Luighseach

I have done everything To get better frame rate. I don't have a great system but its minimum requirements. 3.5 ghz AMD dual core and a gt430 which should be enough to run this game on the lowest setting.

Every patch since launch has drastically lowered my frame rate. At launch I was getting a solid 30 fps is most fights unless it was ridiculously populated but even then I could manage. Ever since then Its gotten worse.

I have tried these and other settings but my frame-rate continues to drop every patch. I went from a solid 30 fps at launch to 8fps in the same fights. It is so terrible now especially with the lattice that I can no longer play anywhere near a large area. I have lowered render distance and everything my settings are literally the lowest they can possibly be and still perform close to most people and I still have terrible performance.
    • Up x 1
  13. Shattered Ascent

unparked the cores, and overclocked it a little more. was at 130fps+ until i warped to another world and now it's back at 20.
  14. iller

None of this stuff is ever really going to change until Sony changes Culling. If your Frames go from 40 looking in one duirection ....to 10... just like mine do while standing 300m away from a Biolab... then you know that it's a Culling issue that should be handled Server side so that our poor overworked CPU's don't have to even THINK about that mass of invisible bullcrap going on inside of it.

Or at the bare minimum, they could do what GuildWars2 did and let people choose the Level of Detail to show all other Entities in when things get overpopulated (in some cases it only processes "names" & placeholders instead of the usual intense Physx Animated bumpmapped /w bloom Particle spam ...sorry I don't have any video on hand of what it looks like though)

Could be a Bios/Driver conflict bug maybe or just a power saver setting ...(maybe also in bios). This isn't on windows8 is it?
    No one's supposed to be having frames under 40 on that chip unless they're Triple-heading 5000+ resolution....
    If they are, it's either b/c they clocked it wrong themselves, or the company that put it together really screwed up something.
    (that or their stupid Anit-Virus is kicking on and checking EVERY SINGLE PACKET that's writing to HD)

Also your Video card doesn't really matter unless it's like super duper old and almost no one's is that old. The only issues ever with video cards are just the driver compatibilities with the game. Always get the most stable release even if it means going back a few month or ever a year to the last confirmed stable release.

Try pushing PgUP to turn recording on and see if that causes any change... some ppl reported it does for them.
  15. McFatal

Have to agree here. It's going to be different for some people, but for me unparking made things worse. It may or may not have increased FPS, I couldn't tell because it introduced a stuttering issue for every game I played regardless of settings. I had to revert my settings.
  16. Shattered Ascent

I think something is conflicting with the game. so every time it goes to 20 i just restart its all good. steady at 40-60 in the big battles. only had to once so far. It's been indicating [GPU] next to the framerate which is good. a little [CPU] in the bigger battles. I think i've worked everything out now. I've been running low FPS for a month now without worrying about it. sure did pay off to spend some time fixing it.
  17. xGreedFuSioN

I have an i7 3770k , GTX 670, 16GB RAM, all overclocked, I get 40 fps tops and dips down to 10-20 randomly. 55 or so in warpgate.
    I can't figure out how to use those links, but, I changed my rendering settings to yours. we shall see.
  18. Kunavi

I have posted my specs, they are quite good for a gaming rig unless you want to factor in NVidia popping new GPUs like there is no tomorrow. Then my 680s are old. In any other case, I only have one thing to say; THANKS for all that advice and tips but we should NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS. There is no excuse. I will wait for performance tuning on SOE's part, until when, I will invest NOTHING in PS2.

And if I weren't absolutely FORCED to do so, I would not leave PhysX off. But it seems to CTD me constantly, ever since I turned that off I can at least play.
  19. Shattered Ascent

Read crap about being in power saver mode. was like "cant be it". well i checked and yep, power saver. was limiting my "Max frequency" to 45%. now its at 100%+ so hope it runs better now. haven't tried. anyone whose having problems go to task manager, click resource monitor, CPU, and make sure it's not capping your max frequancy. stupid thing to overlook.