[BUG] LOST MY KRAKEN LAUNCHER'S DIRECTIVE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, May 12, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

Here's the link to the bug thread I made.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...progress-on-directive-launchers-wiped.256636/

TL; DR: I unlocked the Kraken over a week ago on a TR alt. Few days ago I log on and it's gone. I contact CS and they tell me it's an issue only devs can solve; make a post on the official forums and reddit.

Anyone know why progress on only one of my directives would be wiped? Why some weps were more affected than others? Preferably anyone who's experienced this before, but I'm open to any speculation. How long will it take or will it ever be fixed? Any input helps.

Lost the banners, the directive points and the reward launcher related to that particular directive branch. It's frustrating because it's a tough one, and I don't really want to grind it from scratch all over again especially if I know it's possible for it to disappear one day or the other.

In any case remember to record evidence though screenshots or video of directives or currency you value just in case they get reset. I believe the fact I don't have any proof of unlock on that character is why CS decided to send me to the forums and brush this issue off from their end. I doubt that I'll ever have it returned now, but at least if I could understand what happened and warn others.
  2. JibbaJabba

Why that one? OMG that's a horrible directive to lose. I might quit the game on that one.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

What about pages like this...

Zyr0s - Directive Viewer - PlanetSide 2 (fisu.pw)
  4. JibbaJabba

Ok, NOT that exact page but close. The item viewer has full history and will show when you unlocked it.

I used this to get a DBC refund on slugs when they took them away from NC maxes even though I had purchased years earlier.
    • Up x 1
  5. T.A.94

Apparently they sometimes wipe directives, when they where unlocked mainly by padding...
    • Up x 2
  6. JustGotSuspended

for some reason it was reset on the fisu as well. The only thing that stayed is my decimator aurax for some reason, although in game it still says it's missing over 100 till the medal. It's the first time I experience this stuff. Maybe the fisu reset once it was updated with latest info (devs said they had been doing server maintenance that day)? Honestly I have no idea. It's like my progress never existed. I just don't understand how that would even be possible.

I do own a kraken on another character and I had one on an old account I lost access to way back. I repeat directives all the time so it's not anything spectacular to me which is why I didn't think to screenshot it or whatever when I got it. Still it's the first time something like this happens to me, and the Kraken is one of my preferred items. It's got that cool factor and keeps aurax textures on low settings.

The Kraken was the last directive I had unlocked on that character, which I'm guessing may be a factor in it's disappearance. Not sure though.
  7. JustGotSuspended

That's the first time I hear this, but why wouldn't CS tell me this when I contacted them? Idk it seems a bit weird.

Also that character was an old one I started playing again a few months ago. I had the launchers close to aurax from before the nerfs (back when they were 1hk).

I only had a few hundred kills left on each except the deci, so it wasn't too difficult to finish. Granted I did shoot all the turrets and flashes I can across during fights. But it's not like I sat there padding for hours to finish a few hundred kills. I don't see why they would've reset nearly everything without telling me. Idk maybe it's possible they made that mistake I guess but if that's the case I'd like to contest it somehow and retrieve my stuff.
  8. Cyropaedia

So the dude that gets upset playing ForumSide over some points on cheating basically admits to stat padding after losing his Kraken the following day? Even more comical, he is shocked that CS won't tell him about stat padding.

Karmic justice.
  9. JustGotSuspended

It must be something with conspiracists, they all seem to lack the ability to read, much less process any information in a logical fashion.

Nowhere in my post do I admit to stat-padding, it would be pretty dumb of me to do so after linking these posts to CS and asking for some investigating and action to be done. I quite clearly say I didn't stat-pad anything - I didn't have to, the bulk of the directive was completed back when launchers were 1hk and actually killed things. All that was left for me to do is rocket primary for a bit, obviously shoot flashes and burning turrets whenever I come accross one in a fight. Nowhere have I read that this is stat-padding.

I also point out the facts the devs would've told me that I've been punished for stat-padding, according to people who have stat-padded before they get a week ban (which I did not get) and I don't think they lose any progress. Instead here the CS actively explained they have no idea what happened and said they'd relay my issue to the dev team and asked me to make awareness posts on reddit and forums for the devs and others who may have this issue.

Ofc it could be a conspiracy and they're pretending to not know anything to bamboozle me over stat-padding I never did.
  10. Cyropaedia

Re-read your own words. Read between the lines (which any intelligence person would do).

It is obvious that there is a partial truth. It sounds like you did the majority of the directive legitimately but the "few hundred kills" proved to be too much of a temptation to resort to stat padding. It is funny but odd that use you the phrase "it's not like I sat there padding for hours to finish a few hundred kills." Reading between the lines, it sure sounds like you stat padded the "few hundred kills" by breaking up the stat padding sessions in small chunks to avoid detection. Though, it's even possible that "few hundred kills" is your euphemism for many more kills.

The fact is your Kraken Directive was removed and another poster's point on stat padding somehow resonated with you.

Only Planetside 2 devs and GMs would know.
  11. DarkStarAnubis

Torquemada would have loved your logic I daresay... :D :D :D No offense pal, just a joke,
    • Up x 1
  12. JustGotSuspended

Ah yes. I suppose any intelligence person would do that. And intelligent person on the other hand would be completely confused and baffled at what you're suggesting.

?????? How on earth do you come to that conclusion lmao. It's like the thing about hackers paying DBG not to be banned. Wild.

I can get over 1.1k kills in a day. I unlock most of my directive in under a week. Even my patriot flare gun I auraxed in about a week. There's no way I'm over complicating things to stat-pad when I could get the thing way faster in a legit manner.

As a person with directive experience, flashes are number one priority when you are doing the launchers directive. People practically break down and tears and laser onto that flash for that 1 guaranteed rocket kill. That's exactly what I do when I'm rocket primary in a fight and that is totally within TOS, there's nothing wrong with that. Stat padding would be to go in an amp station or get a dummy char and get easy kills solely through this method, which I never did (unless you have some sort of undisclosed screenshot/footage of me you would like to share).

I killed people and I killed turrets and flashes as well, without stat-padding, which is why I specified FIGHTS. I guess it wasn't clear enough as you may have been a little too dense or simply unwilling to get the hint. Maybe it's your experience. You sound awfully confident about stat-padding, and seem to know all the tricks. Is this something that's happened to you before? That's why you're resonating and coming to such conclusions despite me having said nothing remotely similar?

In any case the person suggested what may have happened. It's the valuable input I asked. I replied to tell him it could be possible, but it seems weird because he says it happens to people who mainly stat padded their directive, which is not the case no matter how you look at it.

Yes, the people who I had a conversation with about this issue! They told me they had no idea what happened and it is an issue that the devs need to fix from their end, and I should make a forum and reddit post to see if others are experiencing this issue. Is this how they cover up the fact they wiped my directive for stat-padding??!?! Instead of telling me straight 'YOU HAD ALL YOUR PROGRESS WIPED FOR STAT-PADDING'. I have no doubt it seems logical to you, but any logical person would think that's very weird behavior coming from a company. If it was punishment for stat-padding, I would've been banned, informed of it when I contacted the devs, and I wouldn't be posting bug reports in the forums.

"We did have some server maintenance earlier that may have caused this to happen. Now that the maintenance is concluded we wanted to follow up to see if you were still experiencing this issue?"

"Thank you for the update. We did look into this further for you and we don't show that the Kraken was unlocked on this account. Is it possible you unlocked the weapon and the lost Directive progress was on a separate character/account?"

"At the moment we don't show the item was ever unlocked for this character:
    Would you happen to have any video or screenshots showing your character using the weapon by chance?"

"Unfortunately it does look like this is an issue that will need to be corrected by the Development Team. That is why it is of utmost importance that you also share your report to our bug reporting system:"

"We do understand the frustration and we will forward this issue to the Development Team. We do recommend making the post on the forum and reddit as well in case there are other players experiencing this issue as well."

Once you're done reading between the line's of DBG's GM entropy responses to my open CS ticket about the issue, maybe you could explain why they're going through all this trouble to cover up the fact they've deleted my progress for stat-padding?

Should I just email them and tell them to cut the nonsense; Cyropaedia knows my directive was deleted due to stat-padding, and that DBG lets cheaters who pay off the hook?

Yeah buddy idk what you're smoking
  13. JibbaJabba

Are we reading the same words? Where did he say he was stat padding?

quit thread ******** if you have nothing useful to add.
    • Up x 1
  14. JustGotSuspended

Thank you I was beginning to doubt myself lmao. He's a bit mad because I called him out in another thread where he claims that DBG lets paying cheaters play the game, and also that a bunch of vets subtly toggle cheats on/off in vital situations.

That said it is good to know that it is allegedly possible for directives to be wiped (intentionally). That tells us there could be a possibility of it occurring unintentionally. Now the main issue is figuring out what caused this and if/when it can be fixed, and my progress returned.
  15. FLHuk

It never happened, but if you can prove it did then it did, but till then it didn't....
  16. JustGotSuspended

Yeah a bit sad that you have to keep a record with proof of everything you have because just in case it disappears it's entirely your fault you have 0 proof of unlock. I'm guessing they're as confused as me, I don't really see why it would've been wiped from in game and fisu.

Thankfully I remembered I sent a screenshot to a friend as a casual flex. So I looked for it, found it and sent it to CS as an update to my ticket. Didn't change much I think because they maintained the fact it's a dev issue, and restated I should make forum/reddit posts.

In any case they said they'd relay it to the devs on my behalf, I'm hoping that's true and I will get a solution sometime soon. I asked them to keep me updated and they said sure. Still no fix as of yet. In the meantime it kinda sucks to have lost my favorite directive weapon, and I'm taking screenshots of everything and trying to look for answers to prevent this from happening again to me or any other.
  17. FLHuk

As you say, it's not a biggy but it is.

If it were me i'd get to the same unlock in the way you described above. IE try to replicate your only reason for a possible removal.

P.S. I say this as someone who has no directive weps unlocked cuz I hate grinding. Before some nut says PADDDDDDDERSSS!
    • Up x 1
  18. JustGotSuspended

Thankfully I don't think it'll be something I can replicate on my chars since most the kills were from a time before the launchers were nerfed. Since it's an old char I revived.

I do have it unlocked on another character that I did entirely post nerf. That one is completely fine and wasn't affected. Perhaps the time played a factor? No idea.

The kraken is one of the worst grinds so I don't think I'll be starting a new one from scratch anytime soon lol. I'll just put my trust in the devs and also warn others I guess.

:D:D:D
  19. Cyropaedia

Still no Kraken?

Just laying down and accepting it?

My analysis becomes more and more probable.
    • Up x 1
  20. JustGotSuspended

yup still no kraken. I'm afraid it's not going to spawn itself, although I hope to be wrong.

Contacted the CS, followed their instructions. I think I'll jump into the storm pit at a containment site when esamir unlocks as a sacrifice to lord wrel in hopes he giveth my kraken and banners and directive scores back. Not much else I think I can do from my end asides from grinding it all over again. If you have any further steps you would like to share please do.

Again I feel I should stress out I don't stat-pad anything and CS did not tell me that it was a normal punishment for stat-padding. If you can see from the stuff they said (in red, above posts) they seem to not know why the progress was wiped, didn't seem like I was intentionally punished. Would be weird because statpadders are reported by other players in game with screenshots/vids and sent to CS which would be impossible to provide in my case since I didn't pad it! I don't think they take any action otherwise. Even if they do it would be strange behavior to lie to me and say they don't know what happened when I ask them.