[Vehicle] Lockdown Vs Manguard Shield.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Dreez

The amount of dps-increase by lockdown 5 still needs to be toned down by alot. Being able to fire off 2500dmg every 1.5 second is stupid when you compare it to the "hardest hitting tank" that fires a 2075dmg AP projectile every 4 second... HUGE differense in dps.
  2. Dreez

Also, think about this. Exactly WHAT balances out the Lockdowns NO CD and NO duration with the 2k absorb 1min CD 6Sec Duration shield?.
    Lockdown can be used repeatedly.. Out of all MBT's, the shield is the most restricted and least useful for tankcombat.
  3. PrimePriest

Ummm...maybe the fact that Prowler can't move? lol

I think it would be interesting if Prowler and Vanguard switched their empire abilities. Both tanks would synergize much better with their ESAV that way.
  4. Goretzu

Prowler with a shield would be a nightmare (great mobility, great DPS and great surviability :eek: ), a Van with Anchor would be a pain to be certain, but less of a one than a Prowler Anchor as its marginal extra chassis resistance wouldn't do much.

Although arguably best with either would be the Mag, as both Shield and Anchor would synergise pretty well with it (Shield with mobility and movement to make it extremely durable and escapey and Anchor with climbing into great bombardment points).
  5. Dreez

Even if we were to change Lockdown to 1 minute CD and 6sec Duration, the skill itself would still be way too powerful
    still with its 45% reloadspeed reduction and 30% faster projectile speed. To start with, both the CD and duration needs
    to be implemented into Lockdown so it can't be spammed and the driver has to choose ...

And then we need to look at how to to decrease the insane amount of dps gained over those 6 seconds... 2000dps
    is still 4x as much as the VG or MAG... and thats not balance.
  6. Dreez

Tune down lockdown. It's not balanced that 1 tank has the ability to get 4x as much dps as the other 2
    using a skill on no cooldown or max duration.
  7. Ronin Oni

A stock vanguard without a gunner :rolleyes:

This guys arguments are inane and don't hold water.
  8. Ronin Oni

There is no synergy with the Secondary as far as Lockdown is concerned.... it provides benefit to main gun only.
  9. Jake the Dog

Stop feeding this thread before something gets buffed/nerfed that doesnt need to...
  10. Dreez

A Prowler with R5 Lockdown and a Halberd +AP will be even more insane compared to a Vanguard, what's your point?.

It's pretty clear that Lockdown R5 is an unbalanced primary skill compared to the other MBT's.
  11. FBVanu

In what scenario is the Prowler you describe here "more insane compared to a Vanguard" ?
  12. Devrailis

The Prowler is more insane than the Vanguard when it thinks it has a chance in a head to head fight.
  13. Ronin Oni

I'd agree except that when I see a locked down prowler I just see a shining cert pinata, all I gotta do is flank it and he's toast.

Yes, lockdown provides insane DPS... it also has a GLARING downside and if you can't take advantage of that then that's on you.

Vanguards have the hands down best ability, and yes the stock chasis is less performing so they deserve it, but if you'd kindly **** about other factions tank abilities, that'd be great.

This entire thread is beyond absurdity.

I've never seen such a prime example of "Grass is greener" syndrome. Textbook example.
  14. Goretzu

I don't know about it being the best ability, the most all-round useful? (if transfered) Maybe, but equally you cannot ignore synergy.

Anchor and Prowlers synergise better because the Prowler has better damage stock.

Magburner and Magriders synergise better because the Mag has much better (and different) mobility to begin with.

The Vans very marginal extra chassis resistances doesn't really synergise with the Shield particularly, and neither does its lack of mobility or damage, rather the Shield instead makes up for the ####poor stock chassis...... as mentioned above the Shield would actually work better on a Prowler or a Magrider than it does on a Vanguard! :eek:
  15. Movoza

Shining cert piñata? Really? If I engage a locked down 2/2 halberd AP Prowler from behind with an AP lightning, they can still destroy me despite that I got a free shot in the back. Me from the back and they from the front! The Vanguard can scurry and try to escape, the Magrider has a good chance with afterburner to change the fight into their advantage. The Prowler just takes it, turns its turrets and completely destroys you. Also, if deployed Prowlers give you the opportunity to be flanked easily, it is their own fault for bad positioning. Besides the fact that side armour is still more than enough against any other target full frontal.

Get this. The Vanguard has a shield of 6 seconds. This means they get a 2000 hp bonus to survive some attacks or gain a 1,5 extra shell advantage at best. 1,5×2075=3,112,5 extra damage over 6 seconds. I kindly ask you to say how many extra shells the Prowler gains every 6 seconds it is deployed. Then calculate how much DPS advantage you get.

The Vanguard might have an ability applicable to most situations, but is temporary and has a great cooldown. Despite this 'best ability', the Vanguard is the worst performing or equal on nearly every stat compared to the Magrider. The Prowler is best performing in nearly every stat, despite its 'bad' lockdown. Many people would rather have a better Vanguard chassis and nerf the shield, if only it would perform as well.
    • Up x 1
  16. Linus

I always wondered why they did not made all those abilities simplier and more adapted to the true nature of each MBT.
    • A temporary damage resistance buff for the Vanguard (the Shield is already doing that well. A bit less since the nerf)
    • A temporary reload speed buff (dps) for the Prowler but without lockdown (the Prowler is a fast hunter. Long range spam is boring!)
    • A temporary movements speed buff for the Magrider, pretty much like ZOE but without the damage boost & malus.

All these abilities could be equal in duration and could couter each others by the advantage they grant to the player.
    Resistance, DPS and Agility are three essential features, No more downsides when using a special ability, because this lead to balance issues.

In my humble opinion, in their current states, the spacial abilities are flawed and those ones will never be able to be balanced.
    However this game is not evolving as much as before, so I do not expect anything new really. The game is still fun as it is anyway ;)
  17. Goretzu

The problem is to change the Shield they'd need to seriously buff the stock Van chassis, it wasn't even overperforming with the pre-nerf version, never mind now.

When the Shield was bugged Van stats were terrible (and I would imagine SOE/DBGs has been able to filter out "Stock Van/Van without Shield" performance - albeit with the 2 Vans that have ever ran like that - and found something similar).

The Shield could be changed in all manner of ways (they could make it stationary or really slow moving, they could make it non-fireable or whatever), but ALL options basically would involve the Van chassis being significantly buffed (i.e. we'd be talking Prowler speed, acceleration and turning and likely a small base resistance buff on top of that too).
  18. MasterTater

===

JUST BLABLABLA,

the shield has been tuned down for some VERY SERIOUS reasons of imbalance. Just because you are not invincible anymore and does not mean it has to come back.

If you increase shield strength would allow 2 engineers to completely fix up the tank to 100% health while the 4000dmg are taken down.

This was known - heavily abused by NC and is the reason why it should not and will not come back.

Maybe the Lockdown is massively over the top - but you at least HAVE a shield while a VS Magrider get ***** hardcore by lockdown massive bullet Velo, massive comparable dmg to VS tank shells and reload speed.

Even evading and escape with magboost means turning your Maggy´s azz to the enemy tank, which is happily waiting to stuff it with more tankshells.

a "Speedboost" to 100 mph while a speed graded Prowler got already 75 speed at basic which means that for a magrider there is absolutely not way to escape with a 2 second boost after which the speed drops back to 50mph.)
  19. PrimePriest

Are you sure about Vanguard part? Vanguard trying to escape is funniest idea ever. Have you tried attacking Vanguard which doesn't have his shield on cooldown from behind? 2/2 Vanny doesn't give a fok about Lightnings, it eats them for breakfast. The shield itself provides enough time to totally obliterate a Lightning.
  20. Ronin Oni

Did I say a take on a 2/2 prowler in 1 lightning?

No, I did not.

First off, something like 70% of prowlers are 1/2 because the main gun is so much better, and their ESAV has almost no synergy with their ES ability, and Halberd gets no benefit from it either (no secondary does) that they all just pull their own most the time

Second, you want TWO AP lightnings or a 2/2 MBT with AV weapons.

Oddly enough, I usually have that when I'm tanking. How's that? Never tank alone.

Duh.