Lock-on launchers more expensive? Make 'em avoid obstacles again!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DevsAnswerMe, Sep 28, 2015.

1. DevsAnswerMe

Last time I played it was already a near impossible task to lock on to aircraft coz they'd just turn and kill u, quickly get of the low lock on range or descend behind cover! And now the Nemesis and Hades are even more expensive and not a single bit better! And the annihilator was stripped of its ability to follow targets AROUND obstacles AGES ago!

And now that I play again the first thing I noticed when I wanted to buy 1 of them (which last time only cost 250 certs) was that they've been made more expensive! And then I tried them in the VR by locking on to a vehicle halfway hidden behind a tree and what happened? the damn rocket still hit the friggin' tree!

So if u want us to work more than twice as hard to get those rocket launchers at least increase our chances of actually HITTING our target after we finally made a lock on! There are more than enough pilots who have flares installed and those who don't should just be more careful and get the **** behind cover if someone is locking on to them! Same with tanks! By the time it takes to lock on to them they could easily fire a shot or 6 (depending on what kind of gun they've equipped) and then drive back behind a rock!

Coz the way it is now about 70% of the lock on rockets smash into some damn tree or rock just coz they can't avoid obstacles and another 20% of the lock-ons are broken by flares! It's basically making the lock on launchers useless as u have about the same chance of hitting ur target with them as with the S1!
  2. Ronin Oni

lol I want to follow you so I can laugh at all your posts
    • Up x 7
  3. DevsAnswerMe

Ignored!
  4. Ronin Oni

SCORE!

I can still read and laugh at you
    • Up x 1
  5. CorporationUSA

Buy the NS Swarm.

/thread
    • Up x 3
  6. S7ntheR

Bruh, use Lancer. I use it, it's hell of a lot more effective if you got the skill for it.
    • Up x 2
  7. DevsAnswerMe

Which is following the same rules as the other 3, just that it fires 3 ridiculously weak rockets that don't even equal the damage of a single rocket from the Hades or Nemesis! Not worth the price! Don't u think I tried that thing in the VR?

It's only effective if used in squads, but the squad that I'm a part of is a mix of all classes and 2 Lancers definitely wouldn't do the trick against tanks, maybe against ESFs tho.

I'm defnitely gonna save for the 2 MAX-Equivalents of it tho, I tried them in the VR aswell and they seem to be pretty effective to me.
  8. Silkensmooth

Lock ons should be a OHK vs ESF because locking onto things is the hardest thing to do in the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. DevsAnswerMe

They don't even need to be OHK but the rockets should avoid obstacles like those of the annihilator did when I tried it for the first time!

OHK would be OP but obstacle-avoiding rockets definitely arent! There's no need to make something that is already hard to use completely useless!

Another useful thing would be rockets that instantly blow themselves up when they lose their target coz there was that 1 time where I hit a scythe when a mossy I was going for deployed flares and the rocket then went straight up as usual. Unfortunately the scythe was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    • Up x 1
  10. Silkensmooth

Airplanes just farm all day anyway. Make em OHK and increase the velocity and lock times.
  11. customer548

I'm not an ESF pilot and seeing my rockets exploding on trees or on rocks/mountains makes me exasperated.
    But an ESF pilot who is able to take cover behind a mountain or anything else in a quick way is a skilled pilot.
    If my rockets explode because of a tree... Well, i consider i messed up at aiming.
    • Up x 1
  12. ALN_Isolator

If you think hitting things with the S1 is hard.... You're just bad. Tons of people adore the Descimator and it has worse drop, PV and reload speed.

As for lock-ons, they're fine as is. They're designed to plink away at targets more effectively at range than a dumbfire... Not be a 100% accuracy death cannon.
  13. Benton582

As it is, I honestly think it should be a fair 450 certs, ramming it up to 650 discourages newbies and others alike to spend certs on it, and when I fly Reaver, no one even locks on, unless they use NS SWARMS right now. It should be a basic commodity for cheap AA, since many don't have a valid AA option, and the MANA AV Turret DOES NOT COUNT.

EDIT: NC has it worse, they have ZERO AA, Phoenix doesn't even come close to hitting them.
    • Up x 1
  14. DevsAnswerMe

Uh, no, if ur guided rockets explode coz of a tree they were fooled into it coz they always chase the target in a straight line and can't avoid obstacles while doing so!

No, I've already shot several high-speed-passing aircraft down with it but most of the time they're just not ******' close enough! Just coz I can't hit a fast-flying aircraft from 200 meters away with that piece of crap I'm not bad at using it!

No, they aren't! The missing ability to detect and avoid obstacles makes them absolutely useless and not worth their price! They were already hard enough to put to good use WITHOUT that nerf!

I never said I want them to be that, I just want their rockets to finally have a SLIGHTLY higher chance of actually hitting the ACTUAL TARGET and not the first damn thing that intersects the line between them and their target!

If the price raise was justified by bringing back the ability to fly around obstacles I wouldn't have complained at all! Then it would've made SOME sense at least, but raising the price with no buffs whatsoever is just plain stupid!

Not exactly true, u could always use the Annihilator. And now u could also create SWARM squads I guess.

But still has that one advantage that it can be used from cover and thus really ******' annoying to deal with.
  15. ALN_Isolator

Just thought it was funny that whenever you talked about your own abilities you ended your sentences with a "!" But when talking about the lack of NC AA your sentences end in "."

If you claim to be able to shoot down aircraft with the S1 what are your complaints? Are you sad that a green square on your scope doesn't equal a kill 100% of the time? Stop firing locks in close proximity to rocks/trees you can't expect a lock on rocket to thread a needle to its target. You can't even expect results like this in real life...
  16. customer548

So, the pilot is skilled enough to hide behind tree, or to manage to try to. Or you fired with trees around, which is not the best option. BUT...you managed to scare the pilot, he ran away. Making ESF pilots running away is a good thing.

Why don't you wait for ESFs to come closer ? Didn't you open fire too early ? And again, locking Esfs makes them running away in most of the cases. You were useful to your teammates.
  17. Benton582

Not all players have the damn swarms.
  18. Foxirus

What? Making rockets curve around obstacles in game? That requires coding. Too much work. Not enough time. Noone skilled enough. It would be Over Powered. I don't want to and you can't make me. You're not my boss. You're not my mom! You're not my dad!

There. I have given all the excuses daybreak could possibly give for not fixing this problem.

I don't see why rockets don't have the same mechanic as the NS swarm. They don't start tracking the target until about 70m out.
  19. SteelMantis

I disagree with the basic premise of your argument: that weapons that cost more should be better then less expensive ones.

I also don't think the lock on launchers need a buff. They work fine as a deterrent. Even if you haven't killed many ESFs with them they are often enough to make a pilot look for a better place to farm. I do think that increasing the price on them was a mistake though. It left new players without much of an AA option unless they spend cash on the game which may make them less likely to stick around.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pikachu

When did they ever avoid obstacles other than the first close minor hill?