Living proof of how bad armored units are in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwak, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalkish

Do you know what all these website that require a sub do with your e-mail address??
    To give you a hint its the reason you get 1000s of spam e-mails each day.
  2. stalkish

Its 'i dont give a **** about spelin on a forum' actualy. But if you need to make yourself feel better by grammar policing go right ahead.

Like i said, happy to be proven wrong but as of yet you havent done that. Youve actualy confirmed my opinion 'They have some bias against shotguns' - whats wrong with shotguns??? Im betting the 'bias' you describe also extends to maxs, again whats wrong with maxs.
    Sorry but the fact that any of the weapons included in the game are excluded from their 'stats' says alot.
    Pretty sure they also frown upon HE spam and Zepher spam. Again what makes their playstyle shine above those who do these particular things?
    If im wrong about all of this then fine, again as i said earlier, twice now, im happy to be wrong, but i dont think i am tbh.
  3. stalkish

Lol again with this personal opinion of what 'bad' means, i find it quite funny tbh the elitist mentality of players around here, theres a particular few that think they have the right to decide how and why everyone else should play, they dont, you dont, no1 does.

I find it funny you site your own opinion once again as the correct way to play the game, the acceptable non-anoyance way to planetside. Again its your opinion, not law. The only 'correct' thing players should be doing is keeping with the rules, no hax, no exploits, everything else is fair game. Argue your opinions all day but dont be-little other players for not following them, you have no right to do that, sorry.
  4. illithic

The DasAnfall stats site doesn't say whether somebody is better than someone else... nowhere does it say "this person is a good player". The MLG/Market Value is considered, even by the creators, as a joke stat that exists for nothing more than a laugh.
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

And how does it decide whether some1 is better than some1 else?
    What are the metrics for that decision?
  6. Paragon Exile

I explicitly stated he's free to do whatever he wishes, but determining if a player is good or bad does not depend on opinion. His stats, aside from K/D, are abysmal (well below average in many places) and almost all his time is spent farming infantry in a tank from afar. He never revives people, never drops people ammo and doesn't lead the charge. He doesn't use recon darts, flank the enemy on rooftops, heal anyone or act as a distraction. He farms (badly). He is a bad player.

Herp.
  7. stalkish

But your still doing it.
    What is the magic amount of 'stats' that he requires in order to be 'good'.
    I could equally argue that his k/d being over 3 means he is a good player.

Your still dictating which metrics we can use to determine a good / bad player. Whether i or anyone else agree is irrelevant. You cannot decide which stats are valid and which arnt since they are only valid to you.

You said, 'he is bad' but have chosen to base that opinion on the stats that you decide are relevant.

Say he decided the only stat that matters is k/d. According to his metrics he is a good player, and anyone else with a k/d more than 3 is equally good. Anyone with a k/d less than 1 is a bad player according to him. However that player with a k/d of less than 1 has much better base caps / defs and much higher rez amount, it turns out they are a medic normaly so have alot more revives than kills, to that person they are a good player and anyone else who has the same revive/death ratio is equally good.

Point is everyone has their own idea of what a good player consits of, no1 is absolutely correct or incorrect.
    As i said in my previous post, argue opinions on what makes a good player all day, your free to, i cannot stop you nor should i try. But you dont have to right to belittle other players for not aligning to your mantra of what a good player is.

Derp i believe is the correct response?
  8. FBVanu

Interesting how stats can be interpreted to support someone else's opinion of what constitutes good or bad players.. while there is no such thing. Again, I'm just glad that you are getting bend all out of shape. If you can't find something in stats, it would probably be because the player is not using it.. "you have bad stats in a liberator.. you suck..." Even though that player doesn't fly .. ?

I don't revive - because I don't play medic
    I don't play infantry.. only shooting into the ceiling during the past when resource system was different
    I don't farm infantry.. over half my kills are from taking out vehicles
    None of the stats say anything about distance.. players that can use distance to their advantage have a great skill and use it successfully..
    I do drop ammo if another player is close to my tank and has the ammo sign above them.. but, again, I don't walk around as an engineer.. I drive
    Quite often I charge the enemy armor... that's how I get vehicle kills..
    I don't use recon darts, I don't play infiltrator, I don't drive my tank on rooftops(joke)
    I provide a lot of cover fire.. hence the low accuracy on AP and HEAT around 18%..
    It would be foolish not to provide cover fire for your team, just so you can pad your accuracy stats.. cover fire is one of the main strengths of a tank.. (in this game).. even more so for a Lightning Viper..
    You need to be able to give your team / faction an advantage.. that is denying the enemy an area or exit or just to force the enemy to keep their heads down.. behind cover.. while our infantry can approach without being picked off..
    And yes, as a tank, I am a distraction.. the enemy wants to get rid of me.. they focus on me, giving my faction time to approach
    while I have to constantly repair my tank, 'cause they all keep shooting at me..

If you could find the "official natural law" that qualifies a 'good' vs a 'bad' player,,, then you would still find tons of players like me, that just don't give a hoot about it. I was trying to find some more stuff to tick off people in this thread.. but I ran out of ideas.
    In a game with lots of vehicles, I kill a LOT of them, and I die far less than most any other players.. (maybe this will tick you off)..

Let's keep this thread going, more hate tells.. give us all something to do,...
  9. Jake the Dog

Lol the funnest part of prowling is deploying on top of buildings where people think how the f*** did he get up there and "oh s*** thats a tank on a rooftop"
  10. Paragon Exile

You're bad in your tank compared to average, and you don't play infantry at all.

Your K/D is literally your only statistic that is good (great), but unfortunately it's meaningless as the way you obtained it gives you a dismal KPH, SPM, accuracy and everything else.

When the average person can do better than you at what you do as a matter of course, you are bad. It's not an insult, it's just an observation.

All of these are excuses you're rationalizing after the fact to cover your poor performance.

Your VKPH, KPH, SPM and accuracy on your tanks guns are all terrible. Again, this is not an insult, it's an observation.

You don't kill a lot of people though, your KPH is at best a trickle. What you do is pad your K/D spread.

Don't feel bad though, I'm bad also. We can be bad together.
  11. DG-MOD-02

I am going to close this thread as it is not constructive. Thank you!
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.