Living proof of how bad armored units are in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwak, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarox

My thoughts as well.
  2. CrimsonPig

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a trash infantry player. Most of my game time is locked inside a Mossy, and even then, I'm just a mediocre pilot at best.

Some people like to do the infantry thing, some like to fly, others like being in a land veh. Let them play the game as they like.

Also, Calisai, are those stats pulled from dasanfall? It's the only site I haven't used due to being a lazy-butt about making an account, but that layout and detail looks super.
  3. Alarox

Yeah, that's stats.dasanfall. The layout is clean and there's a lot of good information. It is worth checking out.
    • Up x 1
  4. CrimsonPig

Cheers man, I'll make an account when I go on my break.
  5. Ronin Oni

DA stats is... oh... 1000 times better than SOE's player stats.
  6. Calisai

An abacus is better than SOE's player site for keeping track of stats. Pretty sad... Oh, but don't worry... the Certifications tab will be worth it... It's Coming Soon! (and has been since release).... oh... and I promise to try and get better with my engy accuracy... I mean... 3% is mlg worthy. (accuracy stats count repair and medic tool as "shots" that "miss"... LOL) My 1.4 million shots into the sky were well worth it!
  7. Schwak

Yes.
  8. FBVanu

Before Naniteside we had the old system of 5 to 15 minutes for 50 nanites?? and you had to walk around the Warpgate and shoot into the air, otherwise the game would let you go 10minutes without any resource point updates..
    I have guns that I never aimed at any enemy players.. only at the ceiling.. and then there was the time when you could die inside the Warpgate.. so you had to be careful where you shoot... all those shots count...
  9. Irathi

shhhhhhhh don't burst his bubble! He is so cute when ever he boasts his K/D around on the forum.
  10. Paragon Exile

These made me so sad.

The Dasanfall stats made me even sadder.

Dude, you gotta learn to take some risks.

Pictured: Risks taken

Don't just farm, kill enemy vehicles and pull what is needed when it's needed. Your stats will go up quickly. Kill/Death ratio is meaningless when your KPM is so low, and when enemy vehicles are running amok.
  11. Hatesphere

wow... just wow, i hope that isn't his only toon. i normally dont like to rag on people, but thats not a very impressive toon at all, I mean the KDR is alright, but his accuracy and SPM... ouch. I guess even a bad play can get a good KDR if they never leave their tank, he would likely level faster if he where a bit more aggressive and worked on his aim... his stats smack of long rang farmer/opportunist. Its also sad and funny he doesn't have enough kills with infantry weapon for DA to care lol.
  12. vsae

FBVanu, are you even having fun in game? I struggle to believe in that.
  13. stalkish

Accept for the requirement to sign up (unless im misunderstanding things).
    No need for that on planetside players, just click onto site and check out stats. I will defo agree there is a lack of certain variables tho.

I can hedge a guess as to why the site requires a registration.
  14. stalkish

Or
    Or he could continue doing what makes him(assumption) happy, especially since it does not affect you in any way.
    I dont understand why DA.com or whatever it is called has the ultimate say on what is an acceptable playstyle and what is not. Im guessing anything the creator does as part of their playstyle is considered MLG-leet, right, and the correct way to play yes? Anything they arnt insterested in is considered cheese yes?
    Seems like an elitist site thats been created to bolster the egos of some MLG wanabees.

Of course my sinical self could be completely wrong (i often am :rolleyes:).

PS: Id be happy to be proven wrong.
  15. Paragon Exile

In a team game, when you consistently do the selfish thing (and do it badly no less) you're being a drain. Not only that, but you're cheesing the enemy team, who are also people trying to have fun.

The "MLG" players who go for the win are supporting the people who play casually, the casual players soak up bullets and give numbers/DPS to divert attention from the MLG's, but self-centred players offer nothing more than annoyance.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. He can do whatever he likes, but facts are facts; if you're bad, you're bad.
  16. Ronin Oni

OH NOES!

Register a free login?!?!?

DEAR GOD!!!

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  17. Ronin Oni

It's "Cynical"... and their stats do a good job of highlighting factors that matter.

They have some bias against shotguns, but that's not big deal. Otherwise I honestly don't know what you could possibly be complaining about with their stats and I'm guessing you don't even use them and are just assuming they're bad/biased/MLGn0sk0p35PR0Z
  18. FBVanu

I didn't like that the OP used someone else's killboard, to rag on them.. most likely without their permission.

Therefor I put up my own, so you could all rag on me...leave the other innocent players alone, unless they agreed to be ridiculed.

I find it interesting to see what other players consider to be "good" or "bad", or how any stats reflect a play style, the immediate assumptions and what not...... I'm just glad you all found something to discuss and blame.

Don't misunderstand, I am not defending, I am not offended, you can not criticize me or hurt my feelings.. :cool:

IMHO, my TR has about 3300 kills in Prowler, and of those, 1600 are vehicle kills, according to the SOE killboard stats, i'm going after enemy vehicles whenever i can, I don't use anchor, I don't spawn camp..
    The support of my friendlies is far more important to me than any kind of zerg brawl rambo kids play. If that means that
    I sit in my tank for 10 minutes, near a base, covering a flank, without ever taking a single shot.. then so be it. That's the job.
    If that leads me to just take out 2 ***** flashes and 3 lightnings.. that is great! That means I saved our Sundy from the Flash/C4
    I saved dozens of our guys from the Lightnings ... those enemy players are not coming back that soon from that same direction
    I have done my part - my area is clear of enemies.. the rest is up to the other players in their areas, and I rush over there as soon I see that they need any kind of help..
    That also means I put down a lot of cover fire... to keep a door way clear, to keep an enemy engineer from deploying their turret,.. so, very often, I don't shoot at anyone or anything in particular, .. I shoot there to give the enemy the idea not to use that exit.. that means my hit accuracy is very low.. but that ensures that our faction doesn't have to worry about that one particular area, and they can now focus their attack/defense on the other ..

This is the most fun I could ever have with this game.. To me, the mindless meat grinding inside bio labs is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, again, not saying others are dumb for doing that, but I would never...

And if the original poster or anyone else has a problem with how I play, :D great :D , I wanted to put some fire on that immature mental judgement, and really tick off some people.. let's have some more hate tells...but you shouldn't be doing that to someone that hasn't volunteered their stats... -

The OP should have known just how shallow this whole thread really is, and what a bad idea it was from the original poster to start a thread like this. It leads nowhere... while many get all ticked off -- I am the one with the biggest smile and LOVE the way I get to play this game.

Thanks for playing.
    • Up x 1
  19. Calisai

To be honest, It's a game. Play it however you want. If you are enjoying it, that's literally the purpose of the game. Entertainment. Those that truly don't care, don't even put forth the effort to argue. The internet is full of people who like to troll and be elitist, etc. If you post on the internet long enough, you'll have someone critique or flame or call you bad. They only have power if you give it to them.

Heh... I normally wouldn't say anything, but that toon is a perfect statistical example of a K/D farmer... Almost so much so I thought it was created to point that fact out. To literally have bad stats in everything Except K/D... It was too perfect.
    • Up x 1
  20. FBVanu

Thx Calisai.. at least somebody got it.. (although it was perfect, when a week ago i had no deaths on the TR killboard.. all kills.., that really ticks people off... especially the ones that use MBT math stats to argue nerf this or buff that about tanks.. it totally gets under their skin).

Now, everybody, get back to the game, and stop picking on other player's stats.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.