List of Tower Bases that still have A point inside the tower.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

I know that.

But you did state that you like farming the attackers trying to get the A point.
  2. InsaneLinguist

Hey, a man can dream.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Alteast we didn't get a bootleg.
  4. Scr1nRusher

So basically what I have been saying is correct.
  5. LodeTria

For crimson bluff, they could move the A point to the Eastern building next to the tower. They'd also have to remove the garage NE of those buildings because it's too close to those buildings and is easy to defend would be sunderers in there.

For Indar Ex, the northeast buildings could have a point in them, although I'm not sure if it should be the single floor or the double decker one. Any sunderers parked near those buldings are normally easy pickings as they have poor defenses.

Regent Rock could be that building north of the tower but before the road.

Jagers fist and Camp connery are a bit more tricky, as there is nowhere that is somewhat close to the tower that isn't exposed or would be too close to another point. I'd have to examine them closer as my memory of them bases isn't as good as the 3 above.

I don't really know the other bases well enough to discuss point placement.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ras Ta

No. I like them because of the concentrated firepower from both sides that occurs. As said its very reminiscent *sniffs*
  7. Scr1nRusher

So much concentrated fire power in 2 stairways/door frames........
  8. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.

DBG can do it, they've proven and shown they can get the A point placed in a good spot thats close by to the tower.
  9. Scorpion97

I have to go ahead and say it's the first time I agree with something you said

Anyway,yes all bases with point A in their towers makes ALL the fights concentrated at the stairs leading to point A which is basically made spam in the point and even from the spawn shield which always makes the defenders laugh more while you have to zerg the point in order to take it

And yes,maybe if points are settled in buildings that are more fortified to shell spams etc,people wouldn't have complained about vehicle weapons but it's too late now
    • Up x 1
  10. CorporationUSA

It isn't a big deal. You can cap take a tower with just 2/3 capture points.
  11. Scr1nRusher

And we all know how long that takes............

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. CorporationUSA

13. Scr1nRusher

It can be sped up by moving the point outside of the tower itself so people can actually capture it.
  14. Leftconsin

Indar Ex already has a revamp in the works. The guy that is working on it has been releasing screenshots on twitter.

As for bases that have A in the tower: I like them. They extend a decent fight. Capturing A point is like a signal that YES! this fight is done and we should end it quick. Players that can play a tower well will get kills on offence or defense even if the two exterior points belong to the attackers. This is especially true for vehicle users. Infantry have an easy IvI time when the attackers have 2 points, but vehicles become relevant in those fights. Moving A out of the tower needlessly speeds up base captures and kills fights.
  15. Scr1nRusher

As much as your saying that A point in towers is good, try to really break down what your saying.
  16. CorporationUSA

Or keep it in so defenders can actually defend it? See how that works.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Defenders can still defend the A point if its close by.(or even a short walk away)

Take a look at how Crossroads & the Crown function, along with the 1 point tower bases. All have A point outside of the tower itself.

The Defenders can and do defend the point even when its outside the tower.

Stop acting like players are helpless and stupid.
  18. CorporationUSA

And the attackers can still capture it without the point. What is the problem here? You're complaining about something that isn't even a problem. Just don't play at the towers with the A point inside if it bothers you so much.
  19. Leftconsin

OK. I can try to do that.
    I am saying that A points in towers are harder to take.
    When a fight stalemates at 2 for the attackers and 1 for the defense tanks become relevant.
    When you only own A point it is super easy to farm kills for rocket launchers, and most grenade types.
    When you only own B and C it is super easy to farm kills for HE tank shells.

Now, I am not a person who thinks that gunplay is the end all be all in this game. Situations where strict gunplay gets tossed out the window is in my view a good thing.
  20. LodeTria

A link would be nice.
    • Up x 1