[Suggestion] LINEAR ELECTROMAGNETIC MURDER ACCELLERATORS - no more shotguns, give us RAILGUNS, or give us DEATH

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrNature72, Jun 9, 2014.

1. MrNature72

No more shotguns for the NC.

(mag scatter is an exception)

How many times do you people have to be told we are NOT THE SHOTGUN FACTION.

We have RAILGUNS.

Properly known as LINEAR ELECTROMAGNETIC ACCELERATORS.

But commonly called FERROMAGNETIC SLINGING MURDER DEVICES.

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

They are BIG.

MEATY.

Slow to reload, long ranged HIGH VELOCITY MURDER DEVICES.

They hit HARD.

They hit FAR.

They hit FAST.

And they usually only hit ONCE.

BECAUSE THEY ARE B*TCHES TO RELOAD.

I don't know why it takes an ACT OF CONGRESS, serious cases of CHRONIC CAPS LOCK, and internet RAGE AND ANGER to get everyone's attention and wrap their MEASLY LITTLE BRAINS around the fact that the New Conglomerate is not a SHOTGUN FACTION. We prefer to use MASSIVE B*TCHIN' MAGNETS to go throwing some SERIOUS FERROMAGNETIC SLUGS at people who don't support FREEDOM, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BASEBALL, THE 2nd AMENDMENT, and HEAVY ARTILLERY.

But in ALL SERIOUSNESS, whats up with the SHOTGUNS!? That's the COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF A RAILGUN. They're SHORT RANGED, SLOW, and more often than not NOT THAT PAINFUL TO RELOAD. I much prefer the SLOW, HEAVY HITTING WEAPONS. Gauss Saw, A-Tross, Reaper. THOSE ARE NC WEAPONS.

That kind of mentality should be SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE FACTION.

NO MORE SHOTGUNS, MAN.

[IMG]

AW YEAH, NEW CONGLOMERATE

PS: Railgun =/= Gauss Gun
    They are different things people.
    For the love of freedom.
    Know yer weapons.
    • Up x 72
  2. NC supporter

No offense but man thats a lot of rage.
  3. SArais

• Up x 4
  4. Engine91

Railguns and Coil guns (aka Gauss) are both magnetic acceleration.

One just uses Rails and the other a series of coils.

besides the railjack, bolting a big railgun to the Vanguard would be good. If at the very least it could be a super high velocity AP cannon with 0 splash and long reload/recharge.
    • Up x 6
  5. Verviedi

This post... It's beautiful...
    • Up x 11
  6. MrNature72

Thank you, good sir. It's nice to see someone who understands what UNHAMPERED JUSTICE looks like.

It's not literal rage. It's a kind of ARTIFICIAL LITERARY ANGER used for GREAT EFFECT.

I'm not ACTUALLY ANGRY (okay maybe a little) But I just think it adds FLAIR, gives it a little FLAVOR, and helps it exemplify the RAW, UNFILTERED FREEDOM THAT OVERFLOWS FROM THIS POST.

Precisely: two different things. It just bugs me when people thing railguns and gauss guns / coil guns are the SAME THING.

Also, totally agree. High velocity, low drop high damage, 0 splash, and slow reload. Extremely powerful, but extremely cumbersome and RIDICULOUSLY PUNISHING if you can't land your shots.

I'd say maybe .5m splash, max, if they had to put in splash.

Also, EXTREMELY LOUD AND OFFENSIVE, just like GRANDPA BACK IN THE WAR, with lots of BRIGHT COLORS AND EFFECTS so there's no HIDING when one of these PURE MACHINATIONS OF DEATH ITSELF start flinging around metal like A BAD DAY AT SHOP CLASS.

I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THESE THINGS ARE GOING OFF, screw being DISCREET or relying on COVER. Tracers the size of a SMALL CAR and a muzzle blast that makes you wonder if the SUN JUST CRAPPED ITS PANTS.

BIG, LOUD, VIOLENT, and UNABLE TO HIDE ITSELF.

Just like SOME FAMILY MEMBERS.
    • Up x 20
  7. MrJengles

Awesome post.

All the factions get shotguns, so how can it be a trait? It makes for horrible balance too, NC complain their MAXes are useless outside / at range and everyone else says they're OP.

Besides, rail guns are cool.
    • Up x 2
  8. MrNature72

Exactly.

I don't get why they're always "eh, need something ES, make it a shotgun". Canister, Air Hammer, Jackhammer. Shotguns are EXTREMELY LIMITED in EVERY FIELD except ridiculous close range. The only one that's really exceptional is the AIR HAMMER and that's because it EXPLODES.

I think it's because it's so much easier. Making a railgun would take a lot of effects and whatnot. But still, it would be entirely superior to some of the trash we're stuck with now. High risk, high reward weapons that reward the user for spacing his shots and making sure they land, since if they miss, they lose a ton of alpha damage, have to wait through a painful reload, and completely give away their position while letting every tango in a mile radius know who's knocking on their doorstep.
    • Up x 2
  9. D3v10us

I can agree with the air hammer, because that thing is a close range dogfighting monstrosity.

Anyway, I've got an idea for a 'rail gun' type weapon that seems at least fairly original. Everyone and their mother would cry about it being OP but hey, let's have a glance...

The NC-1(This part can of course be changed) Jack.

Flavor text, for the lols: The NC-1 was among the first weapon concepts created by the New Conglomerate. Designed to be a 'jack of all trades', hence the name, this weapon's 'fire modes' eventually came to be used as stock weapon designs throughout the NC.

Stats: it would have a few different fire modes, and the 'magazine' would simply be a small metal block you stick into an ammo port somewhere. Because rail guns don't need actual bullets with cartridges to fire, all they really need is a bit of magnetic material, the different 'fire modes' use different percentages of the block.

Fire mode 1: Carbine. Your basic NC carbine, hard hitting, painful, slow-ish firing, not so accurate in long bursts. Alternatively just replace it with the Mercenary/Bandit stats or something. You know, because SOE is kind of lazy like that.

Fire mode 2: Assault Rifle. Not a true assault rifle, because it would use more of the 'magazine' and thus have about half as much ammo (Or twenty shots, depending. Would have to be high damage of course). Better accuracy with single shots or short bursts, but if you hold down the trigger it bucks like a freaking Sky Whale in heat.

Now it gets interesting, and controversial. Say this is a heavy weapon, people WILL cry about the range these second two will give.

Fire mode 3: DMR. Again, kind of your basic, marksman rifle/battle rifle type design, ten shots max, high damage, slow fire rate (Takes a lot of force to rip a shard off a small metal block, after all. Even longer for a bigger shard), better accuracy. Because of the new configuration of the weapon, it also has increased shard velocity.

And NO I'm not using 'bullet velocity', because it's not a freaking bullet.

Fire mode 4: Anti-MAX Rifle: This mode uses the whole block in two shots, but does ridiculous damage to MAX units (Say, one fourth health in a single shot. It would still be powerful, especially in numbers, but the shooters would have to be careful on the reload and accurate. Also would definitely have a 'chamber' time for the new shard after every shot and after a reload). Meh velocity at best, due to the shard size, only does sniper rifle damage to infantry, and NO it will NOT damage vehicles ANY MORE than any other sniper rifle.

Last one, just for my personal amusement: The Cannon. Takes the whole magazine block and shapes it into one solid cone, then slugs it along at the highest velocity it can (Not very much) No idea what the actual stats would be, but I thought it was an interesting concept. Maybe have this be an overcharge mode that shatters the mag block as it exits the barrel. Hey, check that out :D I created an NC shotgun that ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE AN NC SHOTGUN.

Final bit, because I like to think things out. The different configurations of the weapon would have different looks. It would be a coil/rail gun, combination. The Carbine and Assault Rifle modes would use the coils more than the rails, though they would be scrunched up close to the action where the shard shear happens to increase shard velocity. The DMR mode would extend the rail components a ways, but not a lot, while the AMR would have them fully extended for maximum AP value. So as the 'fire modes' change, the weapon itself changes. If you see a shorty Jack, you know he's in Carbine mode running close quarters.

So what do you guys think? This has been bouncing around in my head a while :3
    • Up x 2
  10. TriumphantJelly

While we're at it, can VS get something that

ISN'T
    A blatant downgrade, and
    IS
    Origonal and fun!
    • Up x 4
  11. Engine91

If you want a sound effect for a railgun or atleast one that is large enough to be bolted to a tank try the real one and make it more bass and "powerful" sounding.

Note: the "fireball" from the gun is actually super hot plasma generated from the sheer amount of electromagnetic energy being discharged. And the shell was "blunt" due to not wanting it to leave the facility upon firing.

Something like that would be perfect to bolt to a Vangaurd.
    • Up x 3
  12. Silvermyst

I'm fine with the NC getting loads of shotguns. They work as a empire trait.

But that doesn't mean that they should replace railguns. Quite the contrary, railguns also work as a NC empire trait.

As such, there should be equality between the numbers of shotguns and railguns. Give the NC a dumb C85 Canister? Fine. Just give us a railgun secondary for our vehicles too. (Oh, and buff the canister. Seriously, that thing needs some help)

Want to give NC a shotgun secondary? Fine, I'm good with that. Just give us a railgun secondary as well. It could even be a bolt-action pistol for all I care, if the russian rebels had them then so can the Auraxian ones:

[IMG]
    /\
    This. Only a railgun. It'd be waaaaay cool.

And then you're like "Wait! How can a faction have two styles of empire specific weapons?!?"

To that I say: They all can.

TR shouldn't just get high rate of fire weapons. Throw in some rocket based weapons. Personally I'd like to see some gyrojets. I think they'd be awesome. Their damage could start low and increase over time (as the rounds accelerate) instead of starting high and decreasing.

The VS could actually get something that's not a charge up gun. I know that sounds strange and foreign to some people, but honestly I'd like something different every once and a while.

Make weapons with heat bars instead of clips.

Make weapons with capacitors that start off firing fast but slow down if you don't give them a couple of seconds to recharge. (basically weapons that you fire in bursts)

Make actual beam weapons that deal lowish damage, and have their damage drop to 0 at range, but hit instantly.

Their faction specific weapons could be basically anything that doesn't make sense with real bullets but could work with energy weapons.
    • Up x 9
  13. MrNature72

This is an NC support thread.

Get out there and make your own Vanu thread, you spandex alien scum.

Outside of that, though, I totally agree. Factions are too close to eachother right now. The faction traits need to be EMBRACED.
    • Up x 9
  14. Dracorean

NC gets whatever weapon is available, from guns that were sold to civilians, military knockoffs, mining equipment, experimental designs to prototype Gauss tech. We aren't really the shot gun faction, we are the "Whatever we can get our hands on!" faction. NC use to be the economic branch of the TR so they manufactured weapons that are kinda like knock offs of older TR weapons designs. since the divide of the social classes, the Military had to make due with older equipment thus they use what they have today. The philosophy of "If it still works, keep using it." with their weaponry.

Vanu is the only faction who has the right to say "We are the ____ faction" because all their weapons use plasma based energy.

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad to use unconventional construction/mining equipment as weapons, like some type of rivet gun, a mining laser, or even a nail gun! Plasma cutter, or a plasma saw for our MAX's! xD
    • Up x 3
  15. Exonis

This guy, I like this guy.

What the ES traits should be

NC: Railguns! F*ck yeah! (And shotguns but people already have those so not really)
    TR: Rockets, Explosive bullets?
    VS: Heat-Mechanic, Capacitor, Hitscan lasers that does low damage and 0 at long enough range(?)

EDIT:
    The Faction traits are kind of blurred.

TR: High RoF, but... doesn't NC have high RoF weapons now?? So... Big magazines... wait..

VS: No drop? This isn't even 100% true, they have some weapons with drop, so what is theirs? Spandex?

NC: Shotguns.. wait... everyone has those, hell, even our ESHW, The Jackhammer's long range trait was stolen by the Baron, So... We have.. Hard hitting slow firing weapons? This isn't true either!
    • Up x 2
  16. D3v10us

Dual MAX plasma saws. Bro, give me this and I will wreck entire biolabs. Give me a platoon of this and I will conquer Auraxis in minutes. Not enough to forgive ONLY giving us shotguns on the MAXes, but it's a start. Now strap a damn gauss saw to my MAX's arms so we can stop complaining and get on with our lives.

Also, has anyone even READ the post I spent half an hour on above? Seriously it's like I'm being ignored XP
  17. Akashar

What OP wants NC MAX to be like:
    (I may be hanged for that^^)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  18. MrNature72

^
    • Up x 1
  19. TriumphantJelly

Alright then.

RAAAAAILGUUUNSS!!!
    This post more to your liking? :)
    • Up x 10
  20. RubiksCubix

lol

You have a tank shotgun, plane shotgun, pistol shotgun, and the best close range shotgun.

You also have this one rail gun thing.