[Suggestion] LINEAR ELECTROMAGNETIC MURDER ACCELLERATORS - no more shotguns, give us RAILGUNS, or give us DEATH

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrNature72, Jun 9, 2014.

1. NC supporter

Not all NC have to support stuff like this.
  2. Alan Kalane

ekhem 2 notes:
    #1 you never know what may be discovered 400 years later. If people 400 years ago were told what technology we have today they wouldn't believe it and say it's impossible...And science is still accelerating...
    #2 Many people don't know this but Planetside 2 is actually a GAME. YES . How do I know that? Well, we see people respawning after death, magriders floating in the air above non-metal surface and vanu shooting plasma across hundreds of meters while affected by Auraxian electromagnetic field...All of those are considered impossible in modern physics.
  3. Atis

Nah, just give NC more shotguns.

Because I can.
  4. MrNature72

Yes, I get that. Which is why I said the solution would probably be within the advancements in rails and projectile technology. It wouldn't remove the whole arc welding because that's just laws of physics. Electricity is required to run a railgun, due to electromagnets. If it wasn't in this game, for some reason, they wouldn't be called railguns, it would be some different entity all together.

I entirely agree with you, about the 400 year later thing. But the tech in this game isn't ridiculously far from modern tech. I mean, the TR are still using cartridge rounds, which means they're using brass (or a similar material), gunpowder (or a similar substance), and some kind of projectile being launched down a metal barrel by a controlled explosion. That tech is old as dirt, but it's still being used in the game.

Now for shotguns, you'd probably have something like a SABOT shell, where the pellets aren't actually released until they exit the barrel, and during the acceleration period they would be contained in a protective shell that prevented any issues.

All I'm saying is I'm educated on the manner of Railguns, and military technology. Yes, the issues would be overcome, but (most likely) not in the manner of just "oh man no more electricity", but the more logical manner of perfecting rails and projectiles and somehow obtaining extremely compact capacitors and power sources.

But let's not start an argument. If you want to know more, message me in a PM.
  5. DatVanuMan

Yes, yes, not bad. You went into great detail about how NC weapons must become the tools of massive Space 'Murican destruction they're SUPPOSED to be (But aren't), but what about us Vanu? Can you do something similar to this, only that you're talking about highly efficient, experimental, head seeking plasma armaments, which are tiny pew pew guns in-game?
  6. DatVanuMan

That was the funniest video I have ever seen on Forumside's platform. How can I ever repay you for making me feel young again?
  7. Kalivix

Yes now THAT is what we should have! shotguns are fine and all for close range combat but most are OHK anyway so it hardly makes sense making us the shotgun faction unless they make other factions shotguns only have a 2 hit kill at very best, and of course shotguns only work at a VERY short range so we end up being screwed at most ranges which is pretty annoying.

Railguns though would give us the ability to to fight at close and long range (especially our crappy MAX) AND be infinitely cooler than our boring bog standard guns we have now.
    • Up x 1
  8. Velicc

Isn't the Enforcer already some sort of coil-gun? No?

Plus, who had the magnificent idea to give us almost only shotguns? Can't our MAX compete with others at longer ranges WITHOUT having to spend 500 certs for slug ammo?
  9. DramaticExit

Coffee.
    Desk.
    Keyboard.
    Nose.

Oh god.
  10. Lord_Avatar

Just stick to shotguns. :D
  11. Velicc

Someone doesn't want competition. Communist scum.
  12. Champagon

B-but Senpai NC IS the shotgun faction...
  13. axiom537

Now this is how you rant...
  14. Lord_Avatar

Not communist - imperialist and oppressive. Just what Auraxis needs to keep you rebellious peons under control. ;)
  15. Velicc

Control your fire rate before trying to touch us. ^^
  16. Rovertoo

I want both...

After all, without shotguns, how could I have a Shotgun with a Shotgun attachment with a Shotgun sidearm? That is too good to pass up.
  17. MrNature72

I am the master of rants.
  18. Lord_Avatar

ROF is LIFE! :D
  19. Velicc

DAMAGE is LOVE then :3
  20. Lord_Avatar

You'd wish...

You have no ROF, hence you have no LIFE and thus you can not have LOVE.

You have SHOTGUNS. :p