Light Assault's jet pack is some what saved!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Batisat, May 9, 2013.

1. Batisat

At least on the test server. The extremely loud boom whenever you start flying has been removed! And the remaining sound is still there, but it's toned down alot more.
    *EDIT This has gone live as of GU9! Go and try it ingame now and see for yourself!
    • Up x 1
  2. Syphers

3. vaxx

This is such good news for my EARS!

Seriously, I have a good set of headphones, and I actually turn them down now due to not being able to hear voice coms, and the annoying crackling sound. Now I can actually turn game volume back up and hear enemies again.

Oh freekin joy.
  4. Ghoest

This would be great.

The boom doesnt give you away in most combat because there are so many other noises - but its terribly annoying for the LA himself to listen to.
    • Up x 3
  5. Farlion

Never had any trouble with it tbqh, but I'll take any bone SOE gives us after the recent nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  6. ulceroso

Now I'll be able to turn up the volume once again, good news.
  7. gommer556

i trained myself to ignore the initial boom. i sort of don't even hear it anymore, because when i'm not flying (which i do most all the time) LA is the only class i play. and i have crap headphones so it was not as bad to my ears anyway
  8. Seritjago

I acually like the boom once you start flying, somehow gives you the feeling of having a Jetpack, why would you remove that? Just turn down your Volume if it hurts your ears...
  9. simmi1717

yes great suggestion. Everyone turn down your volume because Seritjago says so. Don't worry if you won't be able to hear infiltrators cloaking, gunshots fire coming from behind or other LA approaching. Just turn your volume down.
    • Up x 3
  10. PaperPlanes

They never should have messed with the JJ sounds at all. All they did was end up needlessly annoying the LA players and we still have a situation where pretty much nobody notices LA ambushes.

The idea of LA being cheap or OP is silly, people need to take the responsibility to look around for enemies in all directions. Look out windows, look up, look down, look ******* everywhere. The wall of HAs in a predictable area in front of you is not the only enemy in the game, but that's the way people play this game, they just want to meatgrind and not worry about their flanks or rear.

But next thing you know they will tone down the sound but they'll make using the JJs put us on the minimap or something.
    • Up x 2
  11. Kanil

I shall miss you, Fart-Bang Roulette. You were most pointless, but I gave you a funny name and it made me smile.
    • Up x 3
  12. Seritjago

They did it because people asked for it. As it is all the time. Someone gets killed by the LA, people start thinking why, of course they never take themselves into discussion about being simply not good enough to counter the LA, they first look at the other stuff what could be nerved. The JJ was one thing they could attack the LA, the devs turned it up, and what changed? Nothing, because noone cares... I wonder where they attack the LA class next.
  13. Niller

Every change that makes other classes compete better with HA is a good change, but most people play HA and that's why they can whine on the forums, so they can get an even easier time farming infantry. I hope that SoE stops listening to all the stupid whine.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kronic

I'm kinda sad cos I used to it locate other LA all the time while nobody ever used my JP sound against me. Ah well, it's a buff I suppose so I'll take it lol.
  15. Xhaleon

I dunno man, I liked the boom.

Maybe its a bit too loud by comparison to the sound of sustained thrust, but the test server version is back to square one; quiet.
  16. commandoFi

It was kind of cool, but they didn't buff jetpack acceleration to give the epic feeling of launching out of a cannon. I can still hope for a new JJ type later on.
    • Up x 2
  17. biterwylie

Thank god! I did not play LA much anyway as it is a poor man Heavy Assualt, but that BOOM BOOM BOOM drove me crazy and stop me playing altogether.
  18. biterwylie

Yeah if it gave a large boom and spat you up into the air that would be one thing... Rather than the floating targets they are at the moment. You feel like the wind is proppelling you rather than a jet pack.
  19. Rigsta

Yeah. Funny how I don't find the jetpack noise any louder than anything else in the game. It sounds like a jet pack. On release it sounded like a cooling fan...

What they probably want is their silent jet packs back; the type that can only heard by the LA themselves. Which made them infiltrators that can fly. With stronger weapons. And grenade launchers. And flash grenades. And C4.

Personally I like having the jet pack activation noise. Like the cloaking device and spotting I have to take the noise I'm making into account. Also like the cloaking device noise it provides others an audio cue.

Maybe it could be toned down a little, but it should still exist.

And yes, I play LA in addition to infil, HA, medic, engineer and vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  20. Goretzu

That's not a bad idea, and quite a possiblity if they remove the sounds altogether.

Probably be better just to reduce/remove the boom and increase the base noise though.