Light Assault's jet pack is some what saved!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Batisat, May 9, 2013.

1. Hagestol

Or they found out that hey, we were wrong and fixed it. Not given up yet eh Goretzu? ;)
  2. Wolfwood82

No, he isn't. Even after the Dev's little pet project proved to be an irritating failure on live servers (which really should have been proven on test, not live) he can't be wrong about this! Something has to be done!

Even now I bet DEVs are thumbing through the forums and seeing "I liked it", "I think it should stay", and "why can't people turn their sound down?", and they are throwing up their hands in frustration because they seem to be hell bent on trying to please everybody which is mathematically impossible. Primarily because gamers are selfish stupid a-holes who want a challenge that they can defeat easily, and will therefore always seek out ways to defeat that challenge easily. Including bending the rules of the game to their will by crying to the DEVs to change the game to meet their own will.
  3. vaxx

You must have been/are getting spanked by so many LA's that it has traumatized you.
  4. Goretzu

It's all about tactics and counter-tactics, as SoE surely knows. :)
  5. Goretzu

You two seem to take this VERY personally and repeatedly attack me (and not my arguements) for it and not agreeing with you (which is pointless, but up to you)

I'm just thinking about game balance and still will be whatever the result. :)

For example a previously silent jetpack that showed up like gunfire on the mini-map.

Or a quiet or non-existant boom, but a louder sustained noise.
  6. ghnurbles

Now that the jump-jets have sounds, I want them to be empire-specific sounds. It's like the infiltrator sound all over again, every time I hear one I have to stop and check if it's friendly or not.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flukeman62

VS dubstep jetpack
  8. ArcKnight

no no no.... NO

that would remove the element of surprise from LA's which is there specialty, if you want to know if there a friendly look at the mini-map
    • Up x 1
  9. Syphers

Minimap location would be ******* horrible, same thing with the empire specefic sounds. LA has to flank unlike the HA who can just roll around with the lolshield
  10. Corezer

i feel like this has become a troll topic... so many stupid ideas...

infiltrators are the biggest whiners, you can easily tell by the fact that they play the least, and post on the class forum the most...
  11. Batisat

In case anyone is wondering, this has indeed gone live! So login to your light assaults and start jetpacking away! (sounding like a pr agent now)
    • Up x 1
  12. Kronic

I support the empire specific JJ sounds if the sound as quit as they are now on live.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hypest

WOW! This was a nice surprise. My ears are saved! The return of the WHOOSHening instead of the super annoying BUUUMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACCCCCCKSCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHening.
  14. vaxx

Yup. The sound has been fixed. A little louder than original, but not as horrid as last patch.
  15. Hagestol

I'm serious - the new sound is zen to my ears. I feel so much more relaxed now, the booooomboomBOOOOM was horrid.

It is only slightly louder than it was pre-nerf, so I'll take that over the eardrumdestroyers!
  16. ColdCheezePizza

Thank you SOE!
  17. urida

Good god i cant believe some1 is actually suggesting jump jets should be treated like gunfire on the mini map. The sound made a modicrum of sense at least; infil's have an uncloak sound to counter their ability to stealth so LA who also stealth should also have a sound to counter their stealthiness (to be clear I do not believe there should a loud sound i'm just trying to show why it may have made sense). Having i show up the mini map is like saying the ifil should show up on the mini map when they uncloak, it totaly removes its effectivness (yes it would be much worse on ifils bc we at least would have mobility but you see my point).
  18. Goretzu

Balance is balance. It definately should be louder than the cloaking sound, but if it were quieter than other options should be considered (empire specific sounds, showing up on the mini-map etc.).