[Suggestion] Light Assault can Carry 2nd Primary instead of Pistol!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Compass, Feb 15, 2013.

1. BaleRage

I play Light Assault 100% of the time, but i don't think this could fit the LA class. It's meant to be the "light" class with the best mobility, and i don't think carrying two weapons helps the class. What LA needs is a Tool that fits the "mobility over firepower", or maybe a support tool.
  2. Mrasap

Imagine a pulsar C and shotgun wielding LA. Or UBGL and shotgun.
  3. Kronic

I'd much rather a switch jet pack mode ability or have C4 in our tool slot.
  4. commandoFi

While this is illogical and most likely a bad joke, I dream about being able to have the T5 AMC for range and then switch to the Nighthawk for short range, or snipe with a slug shotgun and CQC with an SMG. This would make some sense on the HA, TMG-50 primary and replace rocket launcher with SMG (still rather ridiculous).
  5. Kogmaw

i do love the idea, and i think making it default seems reasonable fair. So then, what about ammo?
    What if im carrying two carbines? i think i should have a naturally increased ammo pool (where as i would have 150% of what a single carbine would get you), however both guns take from it
    if i have a shotty and a carbine, then they use individual ammo, but their pools are reduced to 75% of what they normally would be per gun. (i.e. if a carbine normally gets 100 rounds, if i also have a shotty, it would be reduced to 75 rounds)
  6. Shiaari

I'd be down with this if it was accompanied by a patch disabling weapon fire while using the jetpack.
  7. Lakora

Fixed it for you. :D But nah, won't happen cause they'd need to increase the TTK by a lot to even let Light Assault have a chance if they're jumping up a tower for instance. In those cases you don't have enough time to land before you start firing, if you do you're dead. BUT I could agree with it if they removed the Heavy Shield.
  8. Rhinzual

Pretty sure Infiltrators would say something similar, since you know, their class ability already disables weapons.
  9. Shiaari

I was going to say jumping, but changed it at the last second. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
  10. belthazor3457

All I want is more C4 and my icarus jumpjet.

And an ammo type for carbines to let me shoot through aircraft window glass at close range.
  11. o.Solei.o

So the light assault is going to have a heavier weapons load than anyone else except the heavy assault?

I'd definitely settle for better jets and sticky grenades.
  12. Lakora

Disables them yes, which is a bit off a shame should just drain the charge completely Crysis style or at least let you stab them while cloaked. But no even if a Light Assault fires while Jetpacking not sure if anyone noticed but the penalty to CoF is actually far worse while flying than jumping. Well not far worse, just a bit worse.

On the other hand to look at it from a non-bugged perspective (Cloak) Infils go invisible making them less of a target, while a Light Assault jetting is actually making himself more of a target. Depending on location ofcourse... The jetpack was meant for mobility, so being unable to fire on the move mid-air as a light assault, is by a stretch saying that a Mag shouldn't be able to fire while strafing or a Lib not being able to fire unless stationary or a heavy being able to use his Rocket Launcher for infantry purpose (Even tho I hate it... At least point blank)

Fixed. :D
  13. MANBURGERS

unless they nerf C4 so it doesn't effectively two-shot tanks/sundies i'd say yes (at least make it so the C4 has to be particularly placed on weak points not just tossed willynilly straight on top of a tank), but right now the bane of my MBT/Sundy existence is LAs

Engies can be nullified by mineguard and HAs can at least be counter-attacked, with LA's you largely don't stand of chance unless you see them coming from the start because of the terribad vehicle FOV that SOE forces on us all.
  14. Compass

C4 does not 2-shot Sunderers.
  15. RomulusX

i still vote for the button switch to change jetpack type :)
    • Up x 1
  16. Olek

Yeah, Why don't we change the name of the class to rogue.