[Suggestion] Liberators can only be spawned if you own BioLab/Amp Station

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SiosDashcR, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SiosDashcR

To be quite honest, I find it a tad unfair that MBTs are restricted to being spawned only if you own a Tech Plant. Seeing as the AMP Station/Biolab benefits aren't seen as important as the Tech Plant and that when Liberators are spammed, they become nasty things in the sky (look at the majority of players in the top server leaderboards. Mainly got there through Liberator bombing) - I feel that Liberators, like MBTs should only be spawnable from any location if you own either an Amp Station or Biolab. Perhaps change the "health regen" to replace the Amp Station and the Liberator spawning ability to the Biolab's benefit.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    • Up x 1
  2. Spazmodian

Wouldn't matter. You can just pull them from the warpgate. The additional time requirement is trivial compared to the logistics of pulling a MBT from the warpgate.
  3. AUSGrizzly

I think Lib only spawnable if owning an Amp is a perfect idea idea...
    Looking at how the Amp Station is designed it feels more "Airforcy" then the others, meaning that it controls the air with its Craft and Turrets. Perhaps adding a few more landing pads around the base would be cool too...

On that note, something that many will hate the sound of...
    Sundies when you own a Biolab...
    Makes sense if you REALLY think about it...
    • Up x 2
  4. Being@RT

edit: meh, too early (late) for me.
  5. AUSGrizzly

Awww now I want to know...
  6. SiosDashcR

Ofc you can always pull them from warp gate just like the Prowler - But it would hinder "easier" spawnable locations so that you'd have to track all the way from Point A to Point B. Just like, while you can spawn an MBT from WarpGate, it's not always wanted because of the long trek to your destination.

I can see this happening (with the Amp Station and entirely agree) - But I can't see the Sunderers for the reason that it will severely limit the ability of large scale battles. Sunderers offer deployable locations so you can see mass infantry fights - as well as have that radius that prevents you from deploying an infinite amount of Sunderers.
  7. ComerEste87

/agree with the OP. Even if the logistics of it is almost negligible, it would still give you another reason to fight for a base, which adds to the meta-game over all. Side fact for the non-PS1 players: you required a Tech Plant for both the MBT's and Libs in the first game.

Also, that logistical problem might be small right now if they were to do it, but when they eventually add Sanctuaries, it might make it a legitimate strategy that again, adds to the meta-game.

Maybe Bio Labs could be needed for when they put in the empire specific buggies in the future? I think they said they're doing the Harasser first, which is a common pool Nanite Systems vehicle. But that should be like the NS Lightning and not require a specific base.
  8. Dasbag

With the current state of the game id have to say it can be salvaged in this way.

Once continental lock is implemented, loss of Tech plant will render MBT unspawnable even by warpgate, loss of Amp station and lib is gone. Relocate the facilities further inwards to compensate for the crippling effects they cause.

The idea is that if a faction pushes you back as far as the bases and takes them you no longer should be on the continent. The factions look like they are going to take the continent only to be pushed back by a tank zerg. This is nearly impossible to fight back against on two fronts.

If they take your major facilities they need to snowball to facilitate you getting booted off easier. Yeah it sucks and is a shame you lose the continent but now you get to fight back to gain a foothold on the continent again. It does feel like a drastic measure but there should be a point where you no longer deserve that land unless you can pull something out of your **** without MBT and Libs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Being@RT

But to make it fair:
    If at any point you lose a facility, any facility, to an enemy that didn't have access to MBTs and Libs while you did, you no longer deserve that continent?
  10. Dasbag

No, I said that if a faction reduced to using fighters and lightnings with infantry manages to fight you back they are exceptional. I'm not following what you are getting at.
  11. NovaAustralis

Good idea.
    Have always wondered why only the MBTs get shafted by the loss of a Tech Plant.
    Either they need to remove this mechanic or add in similar flow-on effects for Bio Labs and Amp Stations.

Personally, I'd like to see:
    Amp Stations affect Liberator availability.
    and
    Bio Labs affect MAX suit availability.
    (now imagine how much harder people will fight for and defend these locations!)
    • Up x 1
  12. SiosDashcR

Yeah - The reason why I'm not saying for Libs to be apart of the whole "Tech Plant" bundle with spawning MBTs is that it'll make Tech Plants a higher priority base than the others. I feel like the others need some love as well - a base worth fighting for, instead of "-Shrug.- It's only a Biolab or Amp Station."

I'm not going to lie, I'm like that already. If two bases were being attacked, one being a Tech Plant and the other being a Biolab or Amp Station - I wouldn't hesitate to go straight towards the Tech Plant.
  13. SiosDashcR

The only issue I kind of have with the Biolabs is that .. The Biolabs generally favor the NC, due to their ScatMAXes. If that could be altered in some way so that the Mercies and Quasars can have more effective range (because their current range allows ScatMAXes to still be somewhat effective) - then I'd be okey with it.
  14. Tapioca Express

this would only give an advantage to the side that is already winning. It would be practically impossible for you to fight off the opposing faction from your warpgate and would just be gate camped all day. If you can find a way to fight off a zerg of tanks, libs, and esfs with only lightnings and esfs then i would like to know.

Perhaps increase the base respawn time on vehicles and make amp stations reduce the respawn timer on vehicles. This would give a good incentive for organized outfits to want to hold amp stations without completely allowing the winning side to completely snow ball uncontrollably. Same for biolabs/max suits i guess.
    • Up x 1
  15. Iksniljiksul

Solution: 10 shot default clip to all ground effect weapons, each cert level adds 2 rounds to the pool. Costs 750 resource to spawn. Can only be spawned from warp gates.

No bomber should be able to bomb in more then one pass. Period. The Liberator is currently the worst thought out part about this game.

Hey, tell me something about how your suggestions to kill these things work, why is nobody doing it?

I'm so powerful that I'm the one who is suppose to follow your advice and down the mighty bomber from hell?
  16. Vreki

No. It would make it even harder for the underdogs to defend themselves.
    And dont tell me that they just have to fight harder. We all know that certian warpgates are doomed to lose, and that some servers have population imbalance or dominating outfits.

Or do you want people to just leave the continent as soon as the tech plant and amp station are lost?
  17. WUNDER8AR

I really like the idea of making vehicle spawns dependet on territorial ownership. I'd even go a step further and make aircraft solely spawnable on the Warpgate in general, since they are the fastest and most mobile units in the game anyway. this would slow down the game significantly in favor of ground units and air zergs/ overall aircraft spam would become less of a problem. nevertheless because it'd encourage pilots to play more carefully. at the same time aircraft acquisition wouldn't even become more difficult or time consuming since the time required to travel from the Warpgate to point X is simultaneously getting deleted from the aircraft respawn timer while traveling.

maybe generally make vehicle acquisition limited to certain facilities/ territories. It blows my mind that it's basically possible to pull Sunderers on literally every vehicle terminal on the continent. MBT/ Lightning spawn should be very limited as well, in addition to the need of owning the facilities that provide the recourses required to having access to the vehicle to begin with.
    • Up x 1
  18. SiosDashcR

Then why not replace the Tech Plant's ability to spawn MBTs and replace it with the ability to spawn Liberators? The way I see it is that tanks are far easier to kill (there's a lot more counters to it) than just your average Liberator, which can hover at an INSANE altitude and basically snipe down tanks from below. Due to increase distance, most AAs would have some trouble hitting it from out of the sky- especially if it's just a mere speck up in the air.
  19. Being@RT

Outright denying access to some vehicles for the losing side is too much and just causes the losing side to go elsewhere (either another continent or another game).

There's a good mechanic for vehicle spawns being dependant on territory ownership: resources. If resources are the limiting factor rather than specific base ownership, you can lose a base briefly and still make a comeback as long as you do it before your group runs out of resources.. Or you can save up resources for a while and then coordinate a mass push. Victory on a continent scale shouldn't depend on the result of a single battle (over one facility) but a series of battles that deplete resources, effectively forcing a cooldown until a serious attempt can be made again.

This would probably have to be combined with higher resource costs for vehicles and higher resource reserves as well.. But not increased resource income. You could still have limitations on what vehicles can be pulled from where (so flashes still from everywhere, MBTs from techplants or warpgate) of course..
  20. SiosDashcR

So why is it okay to deny MBTs but not Liberators? Why not switch the whole MBT for Liberator?

Most, if not all players in the current top leaderboards (at least the top 5 or so) - are players who padded their stats by Liberator bombing. Ask them - The first Lv. 100 was through lib bombing, the person first on server Leaderboards via Waterson was through lib bombing and so forth.