Liberator changes on Public Test

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Alarox

Fixed. You seem to have it reversed.

My point is that Liberators, which farm tanks, shouldn't be immune to their own mistakes. Tanks should be able to counter Liberators when they put themselves into that position.

Likewise, tanks, which farm infantry, shouldn't be immune to their own mistakes. Infantry should be able to counter tanks when they put themselves into that position via C4.
  2. lothbrook

You know you'd equip a mineguard that let you take 4 C4 before dying.
  3. Alarox

No, no I would not. I would stick with Vehicle Stealth because I don't need to waste a slot since I have eyes.
  4. lothbrook

No, you'd continue to give every base in the game a wide berth like the rest of us. The point is they're giving liberators a defense against something they can easily avoid for no reason other than they are, so why the hell not give it tanks so i can just roll up into a ton of infantry and blast away.
  5. Alarox

Except I don't need to stay far away from bases, because:
    1.) I can shoot infantry before they get close to me, because I'm not incompetent.
    2.) I can just drive away even if someone gets close to me, because I have eyes.
    3.) I can use the Vanguard shield at the last second even if I screw up.

Also... why is the proper response from bad change to suggest another bad change?
  6. lothbrook

To show them how idiotic their proposal is, when 20 tanks are sitting a base that infantry can't destroy, it'll be no different with libs if this goes live, especially with the nerf to dumbfires against libs as well, lol.
  7. Riddlley

Tank die more to c4 to anything. Meanwhile a liberators most common death is suicide, or a tank. I think it has something to do with there being many more tanks to be honest.

Also, does that 5 degree dead zone improvement apply to the shredder, or no?
  8. lothbrook

I'd assume it applies to all of the belly guns.
  9. Riddlley

That is absolutely terrifying.
  10. Halkesh

The dead zone improvement is good.
    On the other hand infantery, MAXes and phalanx turret angle is limited to 80°. I think they need more angle too to prevent liberator hovering at 451 (401 ?) meters right on the top for enemy that can't aim the lib due to their angle limit.
  11. MongooseTwoFive

It wouldn't be that bad, you can only exploit that on one of the AA. You hover over the turret, a max can just walk 10 feet to the left and now has the firing angle on you. This would only be a nasty issue in a base with a single AA position in place, where libs already kind of dominate.