[Suggestion] Liberator ammo!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ac3s, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Ac3s

The only vehicle in this game that has just one purpose is the skyguard, and everyone knows its boring as hell to run in this thing. You really want a 3 manned vehicle to have just one purpose while there are only 2 air vehicles in this game to begin with?
    If thats the case then ESFs should also no longer be able to even hit infantry and tank on the grounds, nor should tanks be able to even hit aircraft but in the meanwhile SOE keeps releasing weapons like Hornet missiles which goes against what they are actually trying to do with the other vehicles. But on the other hand infantry and MAXes can switch at any terminal in a moments notice to shoot anything and everything they desire.
    If SOE keeps nerfing vehicles to force them to choose just one kind of target this game will be dead pretty soon and all thats left will be COD infantry guys on the ground.
  2. CNR4806

Skyguard? Boring as hell? May as well be so after the prox radar change but certainly wasn't the case. I was making a dent on aerial threat, murdering C4 fairies left and right and actually helping my team instead of, you know, mindlessly shelling helpless infantry in a spawnhouse and yielding pointless kills that respawn in 15 seconds.

Perhaps you should redefine "boring as hell" as "sitting in anything that isn't a god-invincible Liberator that melts everything in its path"-- oh wait.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ac3s

yes skyguard is boring, it only makes the enemy air leave the area and then you have nothing left to shoot at.
    Now lib is forced to ground only, if you agree with those changes then ESFs should also be unable to kill anything on ground and tanks should not be able to snipe in the air...wouldn't that be a fun game?
  4. CNR4806

The bottom line is, the statement "Skyguard is boring as hell" is not an objective fact, just your opinion. You're building your entire argument that an one-role vehicle is boring using your opinion that Skyguard is boring as the foundation, therefore it can be ignored entirely.
  5. Ac3s

Okay if you like facts so much then here you go:
    Lib lost 60+% of its ammo, it simply is not sufficient for air combat.
    Even though lots of people claim its a bomber, its still an aircraft so its usually fighting in the air where you need to fire lots of bullets to know your own bullet trajectory.
    After this triple nerf the lib is forced to camp ground targets more then before, just for the simple fact that it lost the rest of its versatility.
    If SOE wants to balance things, taking away so much ammo is the worst possible way you can go to make this game any better, they should be tweeking the weapons themselves AND improve base design instead.

Open spawn rooms in open fields, God lets nerf the vehicles camping those pretty spawn rooms instead of fixing the actual spawn point, logic...
  6. JKomm

Once again you quote me but leave out a very crucial part. In case you were too lazy or stubborn to read the entire comment I had also said, "and light A2A capabilities via the tailgun". Liberators are not pulled so that they can take out vehicles on the ground and in the air, they are also not suppose to be completely defenseless which is why you do have small AA capabilities. To ask that you should have your belly gun buffed for an AA role when its role is AT is just a pathetic attempt to get your vehicle buffed back up while trying to disguise your true reason. Unfortunately for you I'm running out of patience trying to explain the most basic mechanics of the game to you so I'll just be reporting this thread now.
  7. Ac3s

Its an air vehicle, its always been used to cover both ground and air and these nerfs to ammo are just way too harsh.
    Your point of view makes no sense because ESFs can also attack both ground and air, yet I see no-one complaining that they do attack ground as well even though everyone keeps referring them as "fighters".
    Either way, air combat is not the same as ground combat and SOE intended to stop libs from farming infantry, not make it completely useless for air combat.
    Nobody is forcing you to reply.
    Now your just being childish.
  8. JKomm

The nerf to ammo was only to the belly gun, the tailgun is the intended AA weapon, your logic for buffing belly gun ammo is absolutely atrocious. So if you feel that the belly gun needs its ammo buffed then clearly you want it buffed for the purpose of taking down ground vehicles. You HAVE an AA weapon on your Liberator, the reason it is not super effective is because it is for light defense while other more suitable forces take down the attacker. You claim a Liberator needs more teamwork, yet you want it to become a full battle platform capable of obliterating anything.

In addition, reporting a thread that is using flawed logic to get a buff for weapons under the condition that they are ineffective against unintended targets is not childish... it is the very reason why the report feature is implemented.
  9. Ac3s

Dude you can't even hit infantry with the shredder and the dalton anymore, what are you talking about?
    Even with more ammo its still useless for those targets on the ground, have you even tried these weapons since the patch got released?
  10. JKomm

Correct me if I am wrong, but the shredder and dalton are intended for armoured targets, and the zepher is the infantry bomber? The problem still seems that you are using the wrong tool for the job, so once again, your logic is flawed. Yet again, there is a REASON why your belly gun is not effective on aircraft, because it is specialized to a role, if you are complaining that the shredder is not effective on infantry then you are using it incorrectly. This is a very simple concept to understand. You are not intended to use those weapons on those targets.
  11. Ac3s

This post from the very beginning was about the nerfs on ammo being too harsh for the lib to have proper air combat because you run out of ammo all the time.
    SOEs nerf was intended to eliminate the libs from farming the infantry all the time, not to make it useless for air and make libs crap out their limited ammo in only a few minutes, some engagements last way longer then that in the air!

Now since shredder and dalton was used mainly to farm infantry and these weapons do 0 damage against infantry now, wouldn't you say that does the job what SOE intended to do?
    Now I could also argue that you just want to see the liberator shelved and unused just like the harasser, I'm not going to do that though I would appreciate it if you would stop placing words in my mouth that I never said, good day.