Let's Make Adrenaline Pump Viable

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FriendlierFire, Dec 23, 2013.

1. asdfPanda

That shoots adrenaline pumps at friendlies. NEW LIGHT ASSAULT TOOL IDEA!
    pls.
  2. cruczi

Just make a second rank that improves ADS speed by 20%
  3. Zorro

I wholeheartedly support this. There should be additional levels, granting not only additional speed but also higher jumps and faster reaction speed.
    • Up x 2
  4. Obuw

I think making it improve regular movement / ADS speed would probably lead to millions of cries of nerfs, and it would be ZOE all over again. Then SOE would overreact like usual, and they would nerf adrenaline pump to oblivion, as well as remove shotguns and smgs from light assaults and reduce base shields to 400 to match infiltrators.

Perhaps it could improve sprinting in different ways.

It should have multiple ranks like the other suit slots. The numbers I'm suggesting are for max rank.

- It could improve sprinting speed gradually. For instance, you start sprinting at regular speed, and get a 5% boost per second, up to 20% after 4 seconds. You lose the benefit if you get hit.

- It could improve sprinting speed as you take damage. For instance, get a 20% boost to movement speed for 3 seconds whenever you take damage (non-stacking). Or 30% boost to movement speed whenever your shields are depleted.

- It could slowly drain your shields to give you increased movement speed. For instance, 2% shield drain per second, 30% boost to movement speed.

- It could grant you damage reduction while sprinting. For instance, 35% damage reduction from all sources.

Each of these would cater to different situations, and perhaps a combination of several of these would be the best solution.
    • Up x 1
  5. CptFirelord

...make Adren Pump an AOE ability that can be activated with a short cooldown.

That way it'd reward team play, and still give you a speed boost. This speed boost should be much faster than current.
  6. Sandpants

Check the roadmap for infilTRAITOR February revamp

They're giving it the adrenaline pump lols.
    • Up x 2
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

It was a little strange to see this, but they are indeed...

Guess it means that we're all in the "Make Adrenaline Pump Better" boat together aye? Lets all row...
    • Up x 2
  8. Kayth

I think this is a good teamplay/utility option for LA. Would only suggest that it still has a greater effect for the player.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sandpants

It will be ironic when infiltrators get more ranks to it and LA won't.

Cos everyone knows LA is OK AND DOESN'T NEED ANYTHING RIGHT?!
    • Up x 1
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

I would be very disappointing to see that happen. If the effectiveness of it is increased, it should be shared between both our classes.
    • Up x 2
  11. Sandpants

I was just picking on the whole "LA is good as is" stance.
    Infiltators were always gonna get their goodies. They were just delayed and delayed and again relentlessly delayed.

No word about the LA update for a long while now though.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

Yeah, last I heard...they were thinking about giving you all duel wield capabilities. I have absolutely no idea what they mean by this...I would assume pistols because duel shotguns would be comical.
  13. Zorro

I hope that the pistols are balanced in this respect. There is no way anyone could hold a NS revolver in each hand.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tenebrae Aeterna

This is the main reason I'm unsure about it actually working.

Okay, they can duel wield...but what? Is it going to be limited to a very select amount of weapons? Seems a bit lackluster for you guys if that's the case...
  15. Zorro

I am hoping that it is restricted to pistols that are lightweight enough to hold in one hand. It might make Beamers actually viable.
  16. WarmasterRaptor

I'm so against the dual wield option. XD

But on topic, Adrenaline pump.

How about a special suit slot that deals with the damage you've taken on your health bar?

I mean, it's based on adrenaline ;)
    So, based on your current health bar and therefore sustained physical damage putting you in a nicely state of adrenaline production because of the pain, you'd get a forward speed boost.

That would help for the head first charges or help with a quick retreat in battles.

Could be certable to an extent, to increase it's usefulness.

You'd have to chose whether to heal for survivability or keep the speed boost :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Zorro

Adrenaline does not work that way.
  18. WarmasterRaptor

But it's nanite boosted adrenaline! :D
  19. Iridar51

I wish they would make it a passive systems cert line.
    I don't particularly like adr. pump as a suit slot option.
  20. Zorro

If it was a passive system then it would never get anywhere past a marginal improvement. On the other hand, if it remained a suit slot option then it would be more balanced to have it be super effective.