[Suggestion] Let maxes use minor cloak, just try it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Dec 3, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

Noot, just say Mirror-Cloaking is your concept & brain child.
    Less possible confusion, and \ or angles to it.
  2. JibbaJabba

I'm strongly in the "nope!" camp on this one but...

Those VS maxes are still badly in need of some special skill y'know... so *maybe* something similar for just them?
  3. LordKrelas

One-Side having a Lockdown, another a shield, and the third gets the ability to partially cloak themselves...
    Which is either near useless, or borderline insane more often than not.

You want to see VS Maxes popping out of thin air?
    I certainly do not.
  4. JibbaJabba

No, I do not. Nor does anyone want to come around the corner into the face of my dual hacksaws but **** happens :)

It's not a wholly formed idea. Devil would be in the details. Right now though VS maxes don't really have an ability at all. Doesn't seem right to me (primarily an NC guy).

Bringing back the Planetside 1 jump ability might be a good one. Retro rockets on a long cooldown or something.

The state of all maxes makes me sad right now though. Currently they are just nanite to XP conversion units.

Pay 450 nanites to get one, convert it to bonus XP for the C4 Fairy. Done.
  5. LordKrelas

Dual Hacksaws however are at least able to be expected, and are RNG shotguns of close-range.

VS Maxes do not have this range limitation of this degree.
    While ZOE is presently screwed, this does not mean make VS's MAX the cloak-able MAX unit.
    Noot at least has the notion of all sides, if one side alone has the ability like this..
    You could cross a field with maxes, being damn near impossible to "spot", and making it harder if not impossible to see them as aircraft, while reducing their ability to be seen in straight day-light at a distance.
    And at Night? Like sweet ****...
    One side's MAX units able to easily creep up, where you thought it was an infil, it was an armored Max unit.

That Jetpack for VS, would be more powerful in the PS2 Battlefields.
    Avoiding entire stairways, easily getting onto roof-tops, dodging C-4, and scaling mountains.
    Not to mention , you could get to any balcony, let alone anywhere in a Bio Lab.

As opposed to a directional-shield, and a Lockdown mechanic... which are both inferior to the tactical advantage of either cloak or jump-jets.

VS needs a new Max ability yes.
    Just not one that grants them a superior Max Unit for tactical advantages that can't be even equaled for TR or NC in their own fields..
    IE, not an ability that TR or NC, are unable to compete with at all.
    After all, how exactly does any manner of mobile cloak or jump-jets get matched by a weapon-less shield or stationary-max?
  6. JibbaJabba

Put a "hum" sound to it? Make it flicker a bit? They already have the distinctive stompy sound when moving.

OOH, what about a "cloaking shutdown" with a spin down and spin up timer?

Look, I'm just tossing some ideas. Yes, an inflitrator like cloak would be OP on any max.

Maybe give them an ES MAX weapon that is not actually a weapon but does some other function. Repair field emitter or something. Let the VS do a max crash with a few repairing maxes sprinkled into the mix. Nasty!

Or just let VS maxes carry their own damn C4. :p
  7. LordKrelas

Hum or flicker, does not solve that..
    From the air: You aren't hearing it.
    From a distance, the same issue.
    Only when it's about to kill you, would a cloaking max that can be literally moving, be tactically superior, be able to be identified easier..
    As either the cloak is near useless, or damn murderously superior.

A cloaking-shutdown literally sounds like Mirror-Cloaking, but worse since it takes their entire ability slot.
    And turns VS Maxes into traps more than not.

Self-Repairing VS Maxes, means the fragile engineers are absent, all armored-maxes, making their Max Rushes more durable..
    And able to take multiple grenades, leaving only Medics to be fragile, and only Medics that could be easily identified.

VS Maxes with C-4.
    I know that's a Joke, but that also means a VS max, would have the power of C-4 to basically kamikaze any TR or NC max.
    Which while bloody useless, would also means a Heavily Armored Max, would be able to pop any opposing Max in a straight trade, while also butchering any nearby allies of that max.
  8. No0T

The minor cloak has the perfect drawback, as I said I designed it for all maxes... and I wanted a transport jet pack that accelerates and turns so slow is not practical in combat... Just for transport.

Look maxes need to be vehicles then everybody will use them. even if their cost is 750... be the bad *** max and when is about to destroy you pop out of it and continue the killing with your normal troop... the game has been already updated so to destroy vehicles faster so.. now we can do this!
  9. LordKrelas

I ask seriously this question: what is the draw-back for maxes?
    I know the drawback for infantry is that they can be killed before they even decloak.
    But what was Your drawback for maxes.

-- No comment on making the max worth the price. I can't find much of a flaw with that concept..
  10. No0T

They are heard when moving... so you will need to actually stay quiet for a long time for everybody to forget your position...

So because of that I asked for the cloak to be useful only when still. the only moment when a max is not actually known where he is.

So no, is not broken at all as a max cloaked... Because it takes a lot of art to move unpredictably for a stalker when people already knows you are there... imagine a max.

This would be used to avoid air and vehicles detection... would be used in big bases where you could run and hide for long enough for everybody to stop searching as you repair... it would make maxes to be terrible ghosts you don't want to run and search for alone.
  11. LordKrelas

Hmm.
    But what about the durability of the Max unit when found?
    A stalker is never not suffering from the ease of being killed when detected or found - even with the instant decloak.
    A max unit even if unable to fire, has a lot of health.

I will say, if it allowed movement a bit outside, without being screwed, for maxes, or rather something that allows them a little less "Annnd ******" would be nice.
  12. No0T

Maxes have 2 drawbacks distinguishable loud steps and 450 blues... Plus unless you play NC no ability... and no gadgets(unless you play nc, in which case you get 1 gadget)
  13. No0T

You need to pay 450 blues for maxes but not for stalkers. That is why it all closes up if we make maxes vehicles.
  14. LordKrelas

NC's ability is directional.
    TR's ability is situational.
    VS's ability is barely functional.
    There is also a limited self-repair ability to pick.

As well, 450 nanite cost & loud steps isn't much of a drawback for a cloaked Max.
    But the difference between a cloaked Max unit & a cloaked stalker, is that Max is an AV, AI, or AA capable machine, with armor, and heavy weapons, and the ES abilities with this cloak become very dangerous expect for NC's.
    Due to the VS's enhanced damage output, and TR's enhanced DPS, with the cloak allowing the full effect with added first-strike advantage.
  15. No0T

If you make of it a vehicle you dont need drawback because any person with any class can use it.
  16. No0T

I think VS MAXES HAVE THE BEST WEAPONS by far. That is important in this case. But I understand what you say here... and I been trying to make maxes stop being certs pinata since a long time now...
  17. No0T

Maxes need more integration to the outside battles this would do.
  18. No0T

You don't know the minor cloak takes a lot of time to decloak... And how come you didn't heard the cloak or the maxes steps?

Any max trying that gets c4 missile launcher or even a mine in the face before the decloak finish because people knows you there and have them already out.