Left and right ADADADADAD spammers mess up the hit registration more than ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ThreePi

In an actual battle there's going to be warping.
    • Up x 1
  2. LibertyRevolution

The only time I see people warp is when they are flicking from having lag...
    I see someone flicker, /report username reason" lag switch" and let the GM sort it out.
  3. wingspan

Agreed, especially players from outside the server's region.
  4. PhiladelphiaCollins

...and combat would be reduced to a bunch of people just standing around shooting at other people just standing around. That sounds awesome....
  5. Taiji

Who on earth would suggest everyone be forced to stand while in combat?! That's preposterous!

So perhaps you like ADADAD spamming, and think that's the only way to move in combat, or what?
  6. PhiladelphiaCollins

Yeah that must be it...
  7. Meeka

I would suggest that every time you switch direction while firing your accuracy gets substantially worse and worse, so that changing directions multiple times means in short order your accuracy goes to crap....
  8. Stew360

Sadly still no response from SOE on this particular irritating problems
  9. PhiladelphiaCollins

Oh c'mon, don't be so hard on yourselves. You guys aren't that irritating.
  10. TheBillOf3D

Yes I like moving while being shot at. However, others seem to move when I shoot at them. That needs to stop.

Honestly, I have never seen any problem related to moving around other than the game doesn't seem to let me move and shoot at the same time very well.

I have killed snipers that find themselves too close for their rifle/scope and can't get me to stand still.
  11. Stew360

your video proove nothing actually because some players warp while strafing some others dont but in most battle peoples will strafe warp instead if they moove only left or only rigth they dont ;)

Your not adressing the problem you simply try to denied it

This issue happen way to often and the strafing is exploitable by laggy players but also it happen randomly even tom guys who have good conection ;)

the solution is expanding the hitbox exponentialy while switching direction to fast and to often , their is no reason to act this way with a 0.5 sec ttk game , if you spam adadada you are simply a exploiters this isnt Unreal or quake the gameplay mechanics are miles apart !
  12. Stew360

Iam sorry but no ones ask peoples to stop mooving but ask peoples to stop warping while strafing left and rigth

this is a video of mine back from the beta on this problem , the issue is overexagerated compare to what happen now but its still the same problem on a smaller scale

and this one is NIVX a well know player in tr to use the ADADAD strafe warping + HA in order to defeat his opponent
  13. Advanced Darkness

hahaha this is great. Set a macro for it on my keyboard and i literally ran up to a VS max with my NC heavy and jackhammer and he could not hit me :D I have an extended magazine and i emptied it into him. Actually got killed by a BR 11 standing beside him who i was ignoring.

That was just the best result so far after 10 mins of using this. Ive ran up on a few others who missed and i ran up on a few who were doing the same thing :D

If ive said anything bad about this i retract it all. If anyone knows any up up down down left right left right b a start codes lemme know :p
  14. Eugenitor

There is a fast and easy way to put an end to this, but a lot of people might not like it.

Make the player's hitbox encompass the space between the player's last known position and current position. So if some tool is warping three meters back and forth, he gets a three-meter-wide hitbox.
  15. MorganM

Ugh YES! ME TOO! SOOOOO frustrating! What's most blatent is when you're on top of a tower like .5 m away from a shield. You pop out, shoot at some guy who drop-pod in, get the kill, an ESF rocketpods the area, you run back... CLEARLY IN SIDE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SHIELD... AND DIE!

Your corpse is on the INSIDE OF THE SHIELD WHERE YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE. This happens WAY to often... not just from splash damage either. It's happened with small arms very often.
  16. Eugenitor

This is what you get when you get laggers playing with client-side hit detection.
    • Up x 1
  17. DarthGoogle

No to expanded hitbox.
    Yes to adding momentum to infantry movements.
  18. TheBillOf3D

I can see it in one of the videos. I've never seen it 'in game'. I move constantly mainly because it makes you immune to snipers as most seem to need a completely still target. But never intentionally tried to "warp" or even knew about it. Granted now everyone who reads the post will try it.
  19. SNAFUS

Think the best thing to do is simply slow infantry strafing speeds by half.
  20. Stew360

its not the solution the starfe speed already feel Hyper slugish and slow

the solution is trying to point out how it can be exploits and find a conter