Leaderboard Stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Nov 30, 2012.

1. zukhov

Its a bit odd that there is a leaderboard at all, and even odder to focus so much on K/D as some sort of measure of skill.

Regardless of cheats/exploits/gaming the system to get a high KD ratio, even a legitimate one doesn't mean much in a game like PS2. If you are actually playing the game there are far to many ways to die that you can do little about... e.g lib attacks you while driving a tank, random mine blows up your sunderer, sniper shoots you while looking at the map etc etc.

PS2 is chaotic and unpredictable, not a standard map with even teams..... how can anyone protect their K/D and also be a useful player?
    • Up x 1
  2. Trustorm

The leaderboard should show faction stats and outfit stats based on teamplay, not K/D ration. Individual stats on the leaderboard promote the exact opposite of what this game is (or should be) all about. Land is taken over and kept with teamwork, squads, platoons, companies of many platoons etc. Outfits and factions should have stats lumped together and teamplay should be encouraged.

Indiividual stats is for infiltrators who sit on top of hills and snipe people off for hours at a time. yay for your K/D! Im too busy having fun getting slaughtered over and over again =D
  3. SKYeXile

We can Post outfit stats too heres the: The Greater Rainbow Alliance(Sometimes known as the Fabulous rainbow Alliance or THE Greater Alliance of Young Soldiers) leaderboard:

[IMG]
  4. LordCharlamane

Ahh so all the Rocketpod people can see who each other are. What else would be the point of the "leader" boards ehy?
    • Up x 1
  5. SKYeXile

Only n00bs get there with rocket pods and bigger n00bs think that the people there use rocket pods.
  6. Xonal

You're probably never going to get an overall leaderboard that shows anything of any meaning - but they could break it down into leaderboards that show infantry only / vehicles only / specific classes of infantry and vehicles / continents / even perhaps specific base types. You could at least then get a better picture of the exact brand of vvhore you're dealing with ;)
  7. Calendra

ITT: People who try to justify why they are not on top of the leaderboards.
  8. Koffee

Leader board is hack detection.
  9. questarey

IF the leaderboards are working, it shows that all my friends died less than 10 times. which is impossible, trust me :p i've seen some of them play

personally i find it amusing to compare my stats to friends (or outfit if you're in one)
  10. Xizwhoa

I know a couple of outfits on Mattherson that deploy the decoy accounts. I'll be defending a base then a sundy pulls up, and a ton of ppl pour out, and spawn there, they run into the open, stop, then an outfit on my team goes out and kills them, rinse and repeat. So I just throw grenades at them all, tk scumbags all day.

I've only seen it done twice, but I'm sure it happens a helluva lot more often than I've noticed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Riffix

PLEASE DEAR GOD FIX THE MULTI-ACCOUNT XP FARMING EXPLOITS!!

My friend looked at the leaderboard, saw the K/D of the top people and was like "I think I know how they are doing that". In 15 minutes he set it up to see if it was really possible and he said he started getting 200 certs per hour. This is without any kind of scripting or botting. It's not really a hack but an exploit and it needs to get fixed yesterday.

EDIT: Sorry, I hate it when people call for fixes without suggestions so my suggestion would be to limit the amount of XP you can get from killing a specific character in a given time period in an uncontested zone. You could also take things into account like whether the recently deceased was moving, aiming, or anything. This seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to identify.
  12. Marinealver

I got a better idea, Remove the leaderboard, replace it with somethign more useful like IDK you charachter profile screen or say a contenant population/incentive/resource tracker.

This is NOT MLG, you can put the leaderboard on the website.
  13. Marinealver

Yeah the the defendign give no point I have seen outfits perfer to do the hokey pokey where a NC squad and a VS garrafe squad just capture points then loose the control points without fireing a shot at each other.
  14. axiom537

I would like to see MORE statistics on everything, K/D stats are just too basic. I love flying my Liberator and I would love to see the statistics on time flown, gunner kills, longest life etc. etc. etc.

I am sure Medics and engineers would love to see healing amounts or number of revives.
  15. SeniorChief

Well as for my self I look at the stats to see what I am doing wrong, Been playing sinse early beta and was only about 30 min getting in on launch day BUTT!!! How do you get to that many kills and death that low even if playing for 24/7 sinse the start!!

I have spent a 100 bucks SC to get the best weps and ect and now 200 cert points and still get taken out by 1 shot from an nc and after empting all ammo a sniper takes out a max with one shot something is wrong here.

Another grip I just discovered if you buy a booste for your squad to use it you have to lose your alpha BOOSTE!!!WTF?? why dont they stack?

One more where are the squad camo packages we were told we would have??? everyone has to go buy there own seems a little slezie to me.

Hope you read this.

Understand the crash problem is priority again BUTT!! youguys best work on customer satisfaction soon to get this balanced or you gonna lose paying customers the only crash es I have experienced were when a bunch of tanks were in same space and I have an old system and game is working well
  16. SeniorChief

Yea me too,Gettinga little tired of going down before can get one shot off or popping 4 rockets into a magrider tohave it just run over you or die from a shot that is not on your screen when your cloak dosent last long enough for youto move and they see you b4 you start!!!
  17. Xarx

Deaths are bugged, it doesn't track them properly when people are logged off, so it is showing insanely high K/D ratios ie. 200:1 when in reality, it's only around 3.5-8:1. That multi account farming exploit you are talking about, would be pretty damn easy to spot when they look and see you have killed the same guys hundreds or thousands of times.
  18. breezy808

I think getting the leader boards are EXTREMELY important for catching hackers this should be the number 1 priority for getting things running properly
  19. Brok9000

All the leaderboard shows me is how many people are exploiting or outright cheating their way to high BR ranks. And it is way too many. F2P was a terrible idea for Planetside 2. I really enjoy the game/game mechanics but the number of people exploiting and cheating are already badly damaging this game.

I really see no point in sticking around. Why bother ranking up or spending some money when some cheater can be BR20+ in a day?Why stick around when so many in the player base could care less about taking objectives or defending them? Planetside 2 has a really horrible feel to it because of this.
  20. SKYeXile

BR20 is 243k XP, anybody can get it in a day.