Lawd of mercy all these identical threads.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Jan 13, 2017.

1. TheSunlikeOne

For some weird reasons I've noticed that too. I've played 2 times since the update (excluding yesterday - was a bit busy) and NC was doing much better than pre-nerf. On the other side, TR's performance was worse. Maybe it's just a cobalt thing or even a coincidence. Time will tell.
  2. zaspacer

Actually, I think this is a "nerf MBT AP Primary post". Rather than a "post-Thermal PS2 is fine" post.

It's good to see that your choice of going with the AP really pushed you to focus on killing only Vehicles, because of your strong lack of AI ability with it. I am also encouraged to see a Trac-5 can now kill a tank. :/
  3. Huxer

Dill buddy I am assuming you know but are electing to represent your argument in a false way to promote your perspective. Your list shows you firing the main gun of an AP Vanguard. I also would be using the 2x scope on the main gun of a MBT, who wouldn't. Now the other 2 situations like, the enemy is infantry at danger close range to a vehicle such as a sundy with furys would have used thermal. The ESF Ground fire rockets would use thermal because of the elevation advantage and limited time to aim due to vulnerability when stationary.

how many times would you have to hit the ESF to kill it? How many times would the ESF have to hit you? (1 and several full clips)
    I also believe the change to medics is going to prove toxic to the paying player base. I have unsubbed but I'm still hopeful so I'll stick around and play FTP for a while and see how they adapt this. I'd rather play PS2 but being forced to a certain play style and even promoting a specific class just feels very constraining to me.
  4. LaughingDead

And I could give you an entire list of my killed over the course of 1 and a half hours with just an LMG. Except the list wouldn't fit in one screenshot, and 80% of those kills wouldn't be unmanned vehicles or turrets but kudos on hitting air.
    Although one must ask, how much were you contributing to any of these fights, no one fights at one base for over an hour unless it's a zerg defense (which is what AI is supposed to deal with) or you were just roaming. You killed vehicles, gj, a lot of unmanned crap over an hour but who's counting?

It's not an "oh I can do this so it's good" argument, this is changing an entire mechanic to not do exact what it's supposed to do, what if AP was changed so it didn't kill infantry in one shot, BECAUSE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WANT THAT STUPID CHANGE TO HAPPEN. You and I both know it's ******** to run HE, that killfeed is 95% of the reason why people don't run it, you ran into libs, mossys, vehicles and still killed infantry well without HE, that's literally the basis on nerfing the AI abilities of AP, I do not have to tell you how stupid that is, but thermals is kind of in the same boat. There was little to no reason to nerf thermals but they did it anyways, this makes a lot of people to lose trust in the devs and the devs, could you ligitimately see them making that change now? Nerfing the AI of AP? That's what I'm saying, you're laughing at people when you could be the very next thing on the chopping block.
  5. Diilicious

uhm... just to point out that I dont shoot infantry with my tanks, all of the infantry kills were either people inside a turret (they were only unmanned 0.1 seconds before they exploded, i dont know why it shows it like that, i only killed maybe three truely unmanned turrets during that session) or they were inside a tank or other <insert vehicle here>

I dont like to be farmed by vehicles when i go infantry, which i do sometimes! so i leave infantry alone unless they are shooting me or are coming towards me and then i kill them, otherwise im not interested. not only because its not fun for me shooting at that guy that had no chance to defend himself, but im willing to bet they're not going to be having fun either.

Also why would people actively want AP to not kill infantry in one hit thats kinda silly from a balance and a logical stand point, sure they made thermals defunct, but nobody wanted that to happen, i didnt hear anyone on the forums saying "you know what themals need? to not show infantry" and then it getting a million thumbs up. Not saying i dont understand why it was changed, nor am i saying i dont understand why people are upset about it, but the fact is the game was made better for a lot of people, people who might have wanted to be able to sneak around or do something fun with their infantry class but couldnt because theyd immediately be picked up on Certvision™

Who knows, maybe AP shouldnt insta-kill infantry, but killing infantry with AP is a skillshot that requires some modicum of compitency, holding RMB to show all the certs you're about to reap is not skillful at all and given that 99% of the technology in the game is from world war 2 with a fancy skin on it, thermals were pretty much always broken. Whereas tanks having guns that kill people isnt.

you should have seen my Gunners kill feed with halberd if you wanted to complain about infantry farming, jesus.. lol i mean i dont farm infantry but sure as hell does, his kill feed was absolutely disgusting. XD ... nerf halberd
  6. Zuprize

Which one was better? Vanila thermals or vanila motion spoters? Can they be compared? Let the debate begin?
  7. SolVector

I really wouldn't care provided they gave out a refund. I put thermals on to spot infantry in the dark because why not highlight them when the NV does the same thing without. The new optics are actually better for some things like Tankbusting with a liberator, but what use are they exactly on a dual Kobalt Battlebus? I think most of the problem is that they just forced the new optic down everyone's throat rather than giving them the option to switch to say NV instead.